[Suggestion] Nuclear jetpack

• Name: Nuclear Jetpack

Description: [WARNING: some of the following maybe purely for flavor] The Nuclear Jetpack is a miniaturized iridium reinforced nuclear reactor core that has been striped of all its energy making bits to save weight and in their place is added airscoops, failsafes, and a pressure chamber. The logical way it works is a uranium cell heats forced in a air and coolant mixture from one of the jetpack and when sufficient pressure is built up directs them out the other end of the jetpack allowing the jetpack to propel buster steve into the air. When the reactors supply of coolant is expended an integrated redstone fail safe is triggered and the reactor core shuts down. the jetpack can be "refueled" by placing it and 4 cooling cells in a canning machine. After a certain period of flight time (however long a full reactor cycle is) the jetpack's uranium will be depleted (prducing a depleted nuclear jetpack) and requiring it to be refueled for real this is a simple process of poping the jetpack and a uranium cell in a crafting grid to replace the jetpack's uranium cell. In all cases the jetpack carries enough pressure reserves to reach sea level and forces is low the operator to land safely when pressure is low. The jetpack also features an unlimited fight cieling(ok 256m the word of jeb has spoken) and hover move.

recipe:
    ingredients: 1 reactor core, 4 coolant cells, 1 advanced circuit, 2 iridium plates, 1 uranium cell
    :Iridium::Advanced Circuit::Iridium:
    :Coolant Cell::Reactor::Coolant Cell:
    :Coolant Cell::Uranium Cell::Coolant Cell:

then just strap it on and let'r rip!(pun intended "green steam"(flavor not serious))

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• i like the idea!

the simplicity of replacing the uranium cell is cool,
    would replacing the old one refund an depleted cell thou? or is it completely consumed?

few basic adjustments thou, it sounds neat. 3.4 hours of flight time, but is overpowered. maybe reduce it to 1 hour?

and one other thingy, why have it limited to X seconds of flight? if u want to explore caves with it u dont wna wait for it to recharge. maybe for this jetpack the new hover mode could be usable. since it is iridium based. tier 3 jetpack. it should have an "no height los" hover mode and an "landing hover mode"

that would make it an neat machine :D

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• you have to replace the uranium every full cycle but the jetpack will run out of coolant well before that so its real flight time is up to how long the coolant lasts and that's a number that would be up to alblaka to balance.

EDIT: SpwnX radiation is a myth wake up sheeple! don't be fooled by those slick solar panel sales men the truth is in the atom! here try this grab a marshmallow and stand next to your nuclear reactor if it roasts its self you reactor is just hot if it turns green(which it won't) then its radiaition.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

you have to replace the uranium every full cycle but the jetpack will run out of coolant well before that so its real flight time is up to how long the coolant lasts and that's a number that would be up to alblaka to balance.

why not using uranium fuel and jetpack starts heating *it shows text messages* then after it reaches critical heat it shuts off instantly and needs to be cooled either by standing in water, nearby ice , placing inside reactor + heat dispenser , combining with ice or water buckets in crafting grid.

• why not using uranium fuel and jetpack starts heating *it shows text messages* then after it reaches critical heat it shuts off instantly and needs to be cooled either by standing in water, nearby ice , placing inside reactor + heat dispenser , combining with ice or water buckets in crafting grid.

cause we want this to be considered an upgrade from the electric jetpack and running back to the canning machine is inconvenient enough(i'm actually thinking about dropping the canning machine part to)

EDIT: also to answer an earlier question the uranium cell will always be considered consumed and unrecoverable(thermal shock)

• Just to mention, a Nuclear Submarine contains only a very small amount of radioactive material that is nevertheless enough to power it continuously for several years. Perhaps include a Uranium Block in the recipe, then simply change the cooling cells?

• i think that breaks the illusion that it is nuclear powered

• As four coolant cell able to cool one Uranium Cell forever may be better to allow only Uranium fuel?
    Receipt: Reactor, four Coolant cells, Electric Jetpack, Adv.Circuit, two Iridium plates.
    When used in hands, GUI opens with slot for Uranium Cell and estimate flight time remains.
    No hight limit. Hover mode stabilize height. Double Jump to start, Jump - up, Crouch - down.
    When Uranium Cell depletes it become Near Depleted, Hover mode changes to Landing, you still able to gain height or fast down.
    If you deplete Near Depleted Cell in air, hope you have quantum boots.
    Lifespan of Near Depleted Uranium Cell random 1-5 seconds. You never know when it will fail.

If you think Electric Jetpack is too weak, place two in recipe.

• As four coolant cell able to cool one Uranium Cell forever may be better to allow only Uranium fuel?

while you have a good point what i was thinking with this is that the reactor has been stripped of everything that doesn't have to do with making heat and not blowing up. instead of the cells being around the uranium the cells are emptied and used to make steam(fueled by water cells instead? seems a little crude) cause even lightened the reactor can lift on hot air alone

Receipt: Reactor, four Coolant cells, Electric Jetpack, Adv.Circuit, two Iridium plates.

again all the reactors electricity bits are gone so there is no point to an electric jetpack

When used in hands, GUI opens with slot for Uranium Cell and estimate flight time remains.

i think people want this feature on all jetpacks

No hight limit. Hover mode stabilize height. Double Jump to start, Jump - up, Crouch - down.

personally i'm happy with electric hover mode but agree with no height limit and admins probably want different fight behavior than creative mode so they can tell the jetpackers from the hackers

When Uranium Cell depletes it become Near Depleted, Hover mode changes to Landing, you still able to gain height or fast down.

see what i said before about thermal shock we are throwing water on a hot brick of uranium by the time we are done the cell is going to be a total loss

If you deplete Near Depleted Cell in air, hope you have quantum boots.

if it is an upgrade from an electric jetpack it must be safer than an electric jetpack

• while you have a good point what i was thinking with this is that the reactor has been stripped of everything that doesn't have to do with making heat and not blowing up. instead of the cells being around the uranium the cells are emptied and used to make steam(fueled by water cells instead? seems a little crude) cause even lightened the reactor can lift on hot air alone

Player can have several reactors and megaton in inventory. I see you want steam reactive jet. I show upgraded nuclear powered electric variant.

admins probably want different fight behavior than creative mode so they can tell the jetpackers from the hackers

Make big jet effect under working jetpack to easy distinguish. Bright jetpack as an armor part can be noticeable.

if it is an upgrade from an electric jetpack it must be safer than an electric jetpack

Nuclear power is not safer. But with knowledge of estimate flight time it's quite safe. And do not forget right boots wearing ;)

• Player can have several reactors and megaton in inventory. I see you want steam reactive jet. I show upgraded nuclear powered electric variant.

by that logic we can just replace the the electric jetpacks bat box with a reactor core in its recipe and we could be done the problem is a single safe piece of uranium doesn't have the same eu/t as a batbox simply put the numbers don't add up so a round about solution had to be found.(its called roleplaying exp tell a good enough story and you get to get away with what you want)

Make big jet effect under working jetpack to easy distinguish. Bright jetpack as an armor part can be noticeable.

yeah that would work but the particle effect could cause lag

Nuclear power is not safer. But with knowledge of estimate flight time it's quite safe. And do not forget right boots wearing ;)

nuclear power is totally safe its those guys with casuc reactors that are giving it a bad rap(one bad server hiccup and BOOM!) no one would use the nuclear jetpack if its not as safe they will use the normal jetpack which is easier to replace after an accident or they will keep their electric jetpack for convenience.

• Like the idea.
    Would have no height limit, but instead start dealing radiation damage if you fly to high (from Reactor being overused) :§

I can see it right before my eyes. "Ey dude, your Steve is glowing green."

• Like the idea.
    Would have no height limit, but instead start dealing radiation damage if you fly to high (from Reactor being overused) :§

thank you for your consideration :D

• thank you for your consideration :D

rofl, looks like the joke i intended it as in the other thread is becoming an good plan :P

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• perhaps you should have that green particle effect like you ate zombie flesh a little before you take radiation damage(still a myth its all in your head WAKE UP SHEEPLE!)