[Suggestion] Light detector

• I was thinking if Alblaka can add easy simple thingy called light detector that detects what light level is in that place your at.
    I dont know what to write more because there isnt anything to. its simple as that. detects light level. :D and i dont know where i can use it more then finding out light level for my redwheat to grow, where mobs can spawn and stuff like that.

• I like it. Course, you could almost set one up now using a solar panel and a detector cable, but that would only tell day from night.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• I like it. Course, you could almost set one up now using a solar panel and a detector cable, but that would only tell day from night.

oh man! you gave me idea :D haha :D for outside lights. when night comes, solar panels turn off, detector cabel also turns off, NOR gates changes turned off signal to active one that activates yeard lights :DD haha xD

• I've actually always wanted to do this, but wasn't possible till detector cables came. Now, I've just haven't used outdoor lighting, except for torches.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Used SolarPanel+Detector to build an explosion-proof Solar-Block. whenever it doesnt produce power, pistons cover the roof with CF Walls (Rest of Block is made of CF as well).
    No more nightly creepers ruining machines.

Thats good idea :D should test it xD so you dont have anything to say about detector? because i dont want to revive this thread if its not going to be implemented or something like that. and can we expect ic2 update on this mc version or your waiting for more ideas to come up.

• i usually just make my roof out of Tin Cables and put a Glowstone Block every 6th slot, then i slowly fill in my roof with solar panels over time while i make all my reactors and what not. the tin cables work as a Creeper and spider proof netting that i can shoot arrows through. this is particularly handy to kill spiders. although alblaka gave me an idea, i can make dispensers filled with arrows and when it's time to kill creepers that are sitting on my solar panels i can just shoot off the dispensers from behind a wall. it'd be like playing Space Invaders in minecraft! :D

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

i usually just make my roof out of Tin Cables and put a Glowstone Block every 6th slot, then i slowly fill in my roof with solar panels over time while i make all my reactors and what not. the tin cables work as a Creeper and spider proof netting that i can shoot arrows through. this is particularly handy to kill spiders. although alblaka gave me an idea, i can make dispensers filled with arrows and when it's time to kill creepers that are sitting on my solar panels i can just shoot off the dispensers from behind a wall. it'd be like playing Space Invaders in minecraft! :D

I hope your Solarroof is as lagfree as possible. Good idea with the Tincable-Bars but i will never use a solardesign that causes so much Enet-Lag.

• I hope your Solarroof is as lagfree as possible. Good idea with the Tincable-Bars but i will never use a solardesign that causes so much Enet-Lag.

that particular design if usually for desert bases and usually only contains 30 or so solar panels. this is usually the only appication that solar panels are allowed on my server for charging stations. but currently non exsist since the server if relatively new. as long as there aren't over 400 solars in a 180 by 180 area my server can handle it just fine though.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• that particular design if usually for desert bases and usually only contains 30 or so solar panels. this is usually the only appication that solar panels are allowed on my server for charging stations. but currently non exsist since the server if relatively new. as long as there aren't over 400 solars in a 180 by 180 area my server can handle it just fine though.

wow wow wow :D back to topic please :D

• wow wow wow :D back to topic please :D

lol, agreed, back to the OP: i do think this would be a great idea, specially if you could use a GUI with it to trigger at a specific light level, then you could use this to form perfect conditions for specific plants whether it is mushrooms or redwheat or anything of the sort.

• No need of GUI. Light sensor can give RS-line signal, proportional to light level. Under sunlight it can be as far as from RS torch. Torch light would be enough to run RS signal less distance. This way you can sense different light levels by one sensor without GUI. Just place repeaters at different distances.
    PS. How much light Redwheat need?

• Official Post

No need of GUI. Light sensor can give RS-line signal, proportional to light level. Under sunlight it can be as far as from RS torch. Torch light would be enough to run RS signal less distance. This way you can sense different light levels by one sensor without GUI. Just place repeaters at different distances.

This "Method" would cause bugs in combination with Redpower and is contraintuitive. GUI or the Noteblocksystem are better.

Redwheat: Look at the Q&A-Thread its answered there by Al.

• No need of GUI. Light sensor can give RS-line signal, proportional to light level. Under sunlight it can be as far as from RS torch. Torch light would be enough to run RS signal less distance. This way you can sense different light levels by one sensor without GUI. Just place repeaters at different distances.

cant remember but below 7?