[Suggestion] Nuclear Reactor

• I'm sorry this is my first post. But even a mark 2 can have an output of 28,000,000 and you never have to worry about it or do anything to it during its cycle you just have to the power going somewhere. That is a lot of power for just letting it sit and do nothing. Yes, once you get up to higher marks they do become harder. With a couple other mods though you can set up a really good emergency shutoff system. These can be very complicated and have many different fail safes just in case one of the shutoff switches doesn't work. It was just a suggestion... I'm just saying that 28,000,000 EU is quite a lot of energy for doing nothing. You know what i mean?

:Reactor: :Reactor:

OH NOES THE ENDGAME POWER GENERATOR IS BETTER THAN A NORMAL GENERATOR NERF IT DEVS!!!

• Just stating my facts and expressing my opinion. Um... I believe it's called Freedom of Speech. :) :Reactor: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Reactor:

LOL, we aren't getting anywhere. Stating your facts? The only facts you've given are on that nuclear produces power. Can you please describe to us why nuclear is overpowered, instead of shouting it over and over. I'm not trying to be mean, but you do need to support your suggestions with at least some kind of evidence. Personally, in a legit world, reactors are not over powered, as for me, they take a long time to set up, do require maintenance (reloading cells and making sure it doesn't overheat) and take up quite a lot of space, especially if you have a whole room dedicated to controlling the reactor (like me) .

You mentioned EE. This is still horrible imbalanced with IC2. I know. I've used it. Almost made me delete the world it felt so hacky. but I deleted EE instead. So the resource cost is higher there if you dont use EE. As well, the components are not stackable, causing a headache when trying to make reactors (thank Alblaka for PC!) I guess my final point is : Why is it overpowered?

OH NOES THE ENDGAME POWER GENERATOR IS BETTER THAN A NORMAL GENERATOR NERF IT DEVS!!!

And its more powerful for a good reason. What if we only had the normal generator? That would suck. See above this on balancing with other forms of power.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Just stating my facts and expressing my opinion. Um... I believe it's called Freedom of Speech. :) :Reactor: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Reactor: :Reactor:

yes but please don't break Wheaton's Law on Forums, and not all countries have Freedom of Speech. Secondly: i was merely stating that mine is more effecient, yours uses 6 cells to make 28million, mine used 4 cells to make 24 million. and initial price of a start up is pretty minimal, specially since after 2 cycles my set up would produce enough extra power to refund a significant amount of the materials via UUM. also if you use 2 of my reactor set-up's side by since then they last for just under 6 hours and have 0 cooldown time. slightly more expensive with my initial start up but significantly more efficient and productive in the long run. also wish the extra several million EUs you get from my setup you can power 2 compressors to feed ice and make this a CASUC Reactor and then mine has 0 cooldown and still profits more in the long run. believe me, i used your set-up for alittle while until i discovered the greatness of the one i use now. it gives slightly less EU/t but it's better in the long run.

p.s. with your set-up your waisting about 50 million EUs per 32 cells. just trying to help ya out.

And its more powerful for a good reason. What if we only had the normal generator? That would suck. See above this on balancing with other forms of power.

he was being sarcastic, lol... i think :p

and using a plain generator wouldn;t be all that bad, it would just require a massive biofuel facility and mob Grinder pumping out Super-Bio-Fuel tanks for the generators :p

NOW, back to the OP: i'm sorry but your points are irrelavent, your dicusion about the topic has gone no where, you need to show/prove to use as to why you feel the reactors are overpowered, even if it's something like: "yeah this reactor stuff is capale of producing to much because this generator only uses this much maerials and can be fully automated and (insert more useless banter here)". at that point you might give us a reason to believe that your idea should be implimented. that method is ALOT more effective then "hey guys! this shits broke, i want it to be more difficult, why do you ask? this is why!!! (holds up a larger stick and points it at us)"

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• he was being sarcastic, lol... i think :p

Of course I knew that, I was just building upon the fact that, although they may be better in terms of power production, it still is balanced with size, cost, and accountability.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)

• i should take an mining laser, set it to explosive. AND BLOW YOUR HEAD OF! ;)

thats the best way to explain how i feel about this suggestion ;)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• i should take an mining laser, set it to explosive. AND BLOW YOUR HEAD OF! ;)

thats the best way to explain how i feel about this suggestion ;)

Lol, these types of comments will get you banned. And it's not a bad suggestion, it just needs support from the author.

• So when will we see the hammer and the lock fly in here?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• So when will we see the hammer and the lock fly in here?

I believe we have kept this topic pretty civilized, at least imo. Just waiting for some support from the original author.

• cyclistbw: don't take this the wrong way but just out of curiosity are you a technic pack user?

@everyone else: if you read one of my previous posts here the reason he posted a reactor out of the blue was because I asked him to to help him build evidence to prove his point but he neglected to bring the rest of the evidence i told him not to come back without if he hoped to be taken seriously. so yeah i think we can say if he had any thing to be taken seriously its gone now so...

ABANDON THREAD! women and trolls first! :D

one more thing. WHO THE HECK HAS BEEN VOTING YES?! every one has been turning down this idea yet it has 8 yes votes. has some one been using proxies or something?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• one more thing. WHO THE HECK HAS BEEN VOTING YES?! every one has been turning down this idea yet it has 8 yes votes. has some one been using proxies or something?

maybe he made 7 more accounts to vote himself for yes so that it would look like not everyone was against his idea? or maybe a few people only saw the picture of the GUI and were like "ooo i like that!" and followed him like a mindless sheep :p

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

maybe he made 7 more accounts to vote himself for yes so that it would look like not everyone was against his idea? or maybe a few people only saw the picture of the GUI and were like "ooo i like that!" and followed him like a mindless sheep :p

HA!hahaha.

Maybe they wanted an additional GUI to show Heat, EU-Output, average Coolantcellstatus, amount of Singleusecoolants and much more. So you can switch easyly between the Inventory-GUI and the Monitoring-GUI.

• HA!hahaha.

Maybe they wanted an additional GUI to show Heat, EU-Output, average Coolantcellstatus, amount of Singleusecoolants and much more. So you can switch easyly between the Inventory-GUI and the Monitoring-GUI.

and its features like that he should be proposing if he wants a nerf to fly farther than 2 feet from the start

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• HA!hahaha.

possibly, lol, incase that was anyone's thoughts, Alblaka is working on a Reactor Controller Block that will have temperture and a few other things i hear, exact details are unknown.

• Oh, Al is working on that? So i don't need to suggest some CC-Functions for Nuclear Power to dan200.

nope :) atleast last i heard. i do not know when this will be added exactly, but i know for a fact it is planned. but also if you have some experience with the ReactorPlanner then you don't even need this control block :) but it would be nice if you could put like 18-27 items into the control block like iceblocks and set it to insert a certain number of blocks per second or if the reactor got to a certain temperature it would insert lava or ice. that would make everyone's life WAY easier when it come to stabalizing a reactor, specially for breeding purposes.