{suggestion]: public releases

• when you release a new uptade, couldnt you give a download link for a minecraft.jar already modified,
    today i tried doing the 1.81 but the modloader 1.2.3 was already gone, cant download it and by using the 1.2.4 it doesnt work

• Account or not, you are illegally distributing the game.

If you dont have the game in the first place, but you try to download it without a account it will not let you ergo you cant even play the offline mode. If you get a minecraft.jar from someone you could get into the offline mode without needing a account in the first place (theoretically speaking i have never tried it)

In the end Publically distributing a Jar is illegal (So is Private distribution but this one its a lot harder to stop/take notice of)

• Official Post

If you dont have the game in the first place, but you try to download it without a account it will not let you ergo you cant even play the offline mode.

That's wrong. There are old Launchers of the Alpha, which make it possible to download the newest Version of the game without needing an Account (or even a Name or a Password). These are still downloadable on minecraft.net but i will not show any Link (hard to find), because i don't want to help these pirates. And you can even use the name and skin of notch (but without cape).

But you can't join any online-mode SMP-Game, because of "user not premium".

And what Layout you have choosen for a Suggestion? (even if it's not really one)
    Valid Layouts are "[Suggestion]" or "Suggestion:" but definetly not "{suggestion]:".

Edit: Oh and you get banned because of asking for Releasedates.

• Just buy it.

yes but that would mean I would have to spend MONEY, wtf right? why should I pay for something I can already have for free, and with no repercussions

besides, I already bought the game anyway. It's Mojang's fault they don't have the old versions available to the customers and the modding community

• yes but that would mean I would have to spend MONEY, wtf right? why should I pay for something I can already have for free, and with no repercussions

besides, I already bought the game anyway. It's Mojang's fault they don't have the old versions available to the customers and the modding community

no repercussions? lol, you are aware of what online piracy is correct? alone posting it broadly and publically online is an aweful idea. that would be like going on facebook on a public account and telling the world your cheating on your girlfriend/wife. it will more then likely come back on you. i'm not sure if your aware but piracy is a pretty heavy offence in almost all countries leading anywhere from a $250 USD fine up to 10 years in prison. just saying, be careful and that there can be repercussions. why risk a $250+ fine for a game you could spend only $20 on.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

no repercussions? lol, you are aware of what online piracy is correct? alone posting it broadly and publically online is an aweful idea. that would be like going on facebook on a public account and telling the world your cheating on your girlfriend/wife. it will more then likely come back on you. i'm not sure if your aware but piracy is a pretty heavy offence in almost all countries leading anywhere from a $250 USD fine up to 10 years in prison. just saying, be careful and that there can be repercussions. why risk a $250+ fine for a game you could spend only $20 on.

If it's directly downloadable on minecraft.net then it's no piracy.

It's mojangs fault if they accidently give it away for free.

• If it's directly downloadable on minecraft.net then it's no piracy.

It's mojangs fault if they accidently give it away for free.

if you personally download it from their site then yes that is legit. now days though they require that you log in once on your account in order to play single-player offline. you had access to your account before it was made non-premium to my understanding. however, they did not accidently give it away for free. that is why the distribution of a minecraft.jar is illegal because once it's used then you can use it to play single player. and it's not exactly their fault, if they did it another way then it would 100% require online intereaction with a verification site and would be just like playing an MMO, they didn;t want to do this for atleast 2 reason i can think of. which is why they simply said not to distribute the Jar file. if someone aqcuires access to single player by means today (apart from having access back from alpha) without an account then they are in violation without mojang's knowledge. which is basically like cracking and hacking almost every other game. it's never intentional for this to happen, mojang just made it easy for it to happen.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• I've checked if the Link to the Launcher is still existing on minecraft.net and it still does. I will never distribute the Link so don't ask for it. And it can download the newest Version (I have that Launcher downloaded again to test).

yes but you had logged into MC before. if you were to completely uninstall MC and remove the files from your PC and then go re-download the game the it will not let you log-in or even play the Offline Mode., unless you have a "Premium account". i tested it on my laptop a few weeks ago for a friend who had this same question/concern.

• Official Post

yes but you had logged into MC before. if you were to completely uninstall MC and remove the files from your PC and then go re-download the game the it will not let you log-in or even play the Offline Mode., unless you have a "Premium account". i tested it on my laptop a few weeks ago for a friend who had this same question/concern.

Nope i've not logged in before. I've renamed my .minecraft before testing. I left the name blank.

• Nope i've not logged in before. I've renamed my .minecraft before testing. I left the name blank.

i would say go back-up your saves and complete delete your .minecraft folder and then try but then you wouldn't be able to get back on. it alters a file in there that enables the offline mode on your computer. unless your just playing the trial but i didn;t think that the trial saved.