For those with a blank block ID config section

• i Have forge 3.1.2.94 but get also a blank block entry

Edit:

is it possbile that somebody post what should be in?
    ####################
    # block
    ####################

block {
    }

Edit2: the item section is also clear

####################
    # item
    ####################

item {
    }

many thanks

• Amusing, for this error to re-pop up over one month after the actual fix was known.
    Try deleting your config and start up minecraft, that should re-create the config.

deleted it -> start game -> new was created -> still empty

tried it 3 times now

• I hate to say it but i am having the same problem with forge 3.1.2.90 and 96.

Well I tried deleting Thaumcraft and IC2's config file and that allowed IC2 to write a full config file.

• For me, IC2 works without Thaumcraft2, but it still gives me a blank blocks and items section :/

• I was getting the blank file, now got something in the file but it seems to be missing something.

I get an ID conflict with RP2 for slot 240 (RP2 BlockLogic or somat and IC2 ic2.common.blockResin) but there is no ID place in the config file for the resin block.

plz help

Edit: NVM I have found what the problem ID was, it was an Id conflict in Wireless Redstone Chickenbone Edition.
    Still dont know where the resin block ID is though

• So I take it the fix is to instal IC2 alone to make the IC2.cfg, then add the other stuff and edit IC2.cfg?

I'll try that and come back with an answer.

Yup it worked. I havn't tried changing IDs yet, and can't until tomorrow afternoon. But I did see the same issue with the ids grouped with other config settings, and the block/item ID sections devoid of use.

• Yeah, when I have the following mods:

IC2, modloader, modloadermp, forge 3.1.2.97, not enough items, zombe's pack (with compatability patch) and optifine

All of my IC2 config file info gets put under general, with items and blocks totally blank. Seems to work fine, I just noticed because I have to update the config file for my group to use on my server, and this is making it a pain in the ass since I can't just tell Notepad++ to 'Compare' and show me the differences :P

• Mine was blank on first run. So I installed to a new instance to get a fresh copy of the config and moved thta over to my main install. Now the block section is still blank and all the block ids are under General. Is that normal?