[suggestion] solar furnace, and mirrors

• Names: bronze solar furnace(sunk), silver solar furnace(sunk), bronze mirror, silver mirror

Description: another off-shoot of furnace technology the solar furnace uses mirrors to focus the power of the sun to allow you to cook pork chops MinecraftPig (and anything else you normally throw in a furnace MinecraftCow:Rubber Log::Copper Dust: ) to your hearts contempt. there are two versions both versions will perform jobs without fuel if it is daytime and they have a straight shot to the sky(like a solar panel) both versions also can accept fuel like and perform with slightly better efficiency during the day and equal to an iron furnace at night. with out fuel the bronze version would take 3 times longer than an iron furnace to perform a job while the silver version will take only two times longer than an iron furnace to perform a job. the silver version would only be available through the inventory hacking of silver dust or if rp2 is installed.(EDIT: no one likes the furnace idea so consider it sunk)

the mirrors are used to craft the furnaces steve can't use them for decoration cause his face is to ugly and they will break if he looks into them
    EDIT:either that or he is a vampire or a ninja. steve would be able to place mirrors which will emit sunlight if they can see the sky or if it can draw a straight non-diagonal line of sight to another mirror that sees the sky within a certain number of blocks. allowing you to create a chain of mirrors to direct sunlight to odd places for proposes of generating power, frying zombies, and growing crops.

Recipes:
    legend:
    :Intergrated Plating: = mirror
    MinecraftSquid = inksac
    :Intergrated Plating: = glass block
    :Advanced Furnace: = iron furnace

bronze(or silver) mirrors
    ingredients:1 bronze(or silver) dust, 1 glass plane
    basically glass and dust in a crafting grid. the metal coats the backs side of the glass to make a reflective surface

bronze(or silver) furnace(sunk)
    ingredients:6 bronze(or silver) mirrors, 1 ink sack, 1 iron furnace, 1 glass block
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Heat Dispenser:
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Advanced Furnace::Intergrated Heat Dispenser:
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:MinecraftSquid:Intergrated Heat Dispenser:
    the inksac is to color the furnace black to make it absorb more heat, the glass block acts as a lens

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• ink sac? wtf?
    please, this is IC2, we have coal dust for such matters

besides, I can't see why you can't just hook up an electric furnace to a couple solar panels

• ink sac? wtf?
    please, this is IC2, we have coal dust for such matters

coal burns, ink is underutilized, and ic2 paint brushes use ink sacs

besides, I can't see why you can't just hook up an electric furnace to a couple solar panels

1. it reduces lag for one cause it doesn't connect to Enet you can spam it all you want.
    2. its also good for working in remote areas far from your workshop.
    3. it is actually slower than electro-furnaces with solar panels and makes up for it with cheapness so you lose one and its not the end of the world.
    4. i LIKE options why not add things that are probable and make sense?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• it doesn't make sense to have it use an ink sac just because it's underutilized. Ink is INK, coal dust is essentially carbon :sleeping:

and if you want to add a mirror, what other purpose would it serve in the game?

• 1. it reduces lag for one cause it doesn't connect to Enet you can spam it all you want.
    2. its also good for working in remote areas far from your workshop.
    3. it is actually slower than electro-furnaces with solar panels and makes up for it with cheapness so you lose one and its not the end of the world.
    4. i LIKE options why not add things that are probable and make sense?

1. Everything you connect to the enet also causes lag, still people keep using it/spamming it w/e.
    2. So does regular/iron furnaces
    3. Once again so does regular/iron furnace.
    4. Its good that you like options, but too many options can be hurtful and stupid even, you could end up with a game full of 50 machines that basically do the same. (Multiply this for every kind of machine/operation there is and you will have a lot of garbage/needless redundacy)

• it doesn't make sense to have it use an ink sac just because it's underutilized. Ink is INK, coal dust is essentially carbon :sleeping:

you ignored my other 2 points
    1. coal is unsuitable cause it will catch fire!
    2. ink sacs are already used as paint
    and here is one more
    3.it doesn't really matter the point is the color black allows the item to absorb more solar energy its just flavor text

and if you want to add a mirror, what other purpose would it serve in the game?

how many uses do iron furnaces have right now? i can only think of 1.save eu when making generators and 2.cook things. that is only one more than mirrors so pick one from the following list
    1. increase the eu/t of adjacent solarpanels but runs risk of frying the panels(needs more details)
    2. increases how long during the day adjacent solar panels work
    3. a mirror with a horizontal line of sight to another mirror that is getting sun light counts as being a source of sunlight meaning crops, solar panels, and solar furnaces under it will believe they have a straight shot to the sky.
    4. anti-zombie Archimedes death-ray(not hand held)
    5. anti-zombie Archimedes death-ray(hand held)
    6. laser proof armor

• you ignored my other 2 points
    1. coal is unsuitable cause it will catch fire!

It doesn't catch fire in solar panel, should not here.

how many uses do iron furnaces have right now? i can only think of 1.save eu when making generators and 2.cook things. that is only one more than mirrors so pick one from the following list
    1. increase the eu/t of adjacent solarpanels but runs risk of frying the panels(needs more details)
    2. increases how long during the day adjacent solar panels work

Oh solar panel reworks again... no.

3. a mirror with a horizontal line of sight to another mirror that is getting sun light counts as being a source of sunlight meaning crops, solar panels, and solar furnaces under it will believe they have a straight shot to the sky.

Too hard to code based on my low knowledge of sunshine in MC.

4. anti-zombie Archimedes death-ray(not hand held)
    5. anti-zombie Archimedes death-ray(hand held)
    6. laser proof armor

worse and worse. :(
    Still not enough uses for silver for IC2. And yes, I play with RP2.

• sorry lurker but we already have 4 different types of furnaces. also you can easily make an electric furnace and a Solar panle and directly attach your solar panle to the side of the electric furnace to power it, you don;t even need cables. it's basically the same thing your talking about but takes up 2 blocks instead of one.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• The Solarpanel WILL catch fire. Many Houses IRL are burnt away by that technology, but do you hear that in the News? Not very often, because that's bad publicity for green Energy.

yeah but that is usually do to the older panels and the increasingly hot weather in the majority of the world, or poor planning and attaching the panel dirrently to a tar shingle roof. now days with the new solar panels they started making like 2 years ago thre is virtually no fire hazard. also Coal does not burn if there is practically no air. it just slowly turns into charcoal if you burn it with no air. just like almost everything else that is burnable. and if we are taking coal and macerating it and then compressing it against glass as a rediculous heat then it more then likely is turning to graphite which doesn't catch fire easily and doesn't burn untill like 4,000 degrees F, this is why most crucibles in metalurgy are made from machined graphite.

i think his logic as to why it would catch fire is not from the heat from the solar panel collecting in the first place but from the heat from the actual furnace portion directly under it. basically putting the solar panel on the top of the stove essentially.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• 1. Everything you connect to the enet also causes lag, still people keep using it/spamming it w/e.
    2. So does regular/iron furnaces
    3. Once again so does regular/iron furnace.
    4. Its good that you like options, but too many options can be hurtful and stupid even, you could end up with a game full of 50 machines that basically do the same. (Multiply this for every kind of machine/operation there is and you will have a lot of garbage/needless redundacy)

1.yeah i admit that was a really weak reason
    2.if you bring fuel
    3.again if you bring fuel this one makes you spend more metal and go squid hunting in exchange for a no fuel option
    4.alblaka said furnaces were allot simpler than functions like extractors and thats why we have an induction furnace and not a rotary macerator

It doesn't catch fire in solar panel, should not here.

again it doesn't matter its just flavor text

Oh solar panel reworks again... no.

your trading more power per solar for added bulk

Too hard to code based on my low knowledge of sunshine in MC.

when glowstone was first added it accidentally counted as sunlight so it is possible

worse and worse. :(

ok the handheld one was stupid but the idea for the placeable one was just drop a mirror next to a shady spot and it emits sunlight if it can see the sky and its daytime and the zombies that are hiding in the shade as a result catch fire

Still not enough uses for silver for IC2. And yes, I play with RP2.

silver is already used in fiber cables and silver dust is already part of ic2's code there is just no way to get it with out inventory hacking or rp2

sorry lurker but we already have 4 different types of furnaces. also you can easily make an electric furnace and a Solar panle and directly attach your solar panle to the side of the electric furnace to power it, you don;t even need cables. it's basically the same thing your talking about but takes up 2 blocks instead of one.

I wouldn't take it personally if this idea gets shot down thats what suggestion forums are for, but thanks to KAO99 I thought of cool stuff to do with mirrors so i'm going to rework the top post a bit.also i was aware of just using solar panels and electric furnaces I just thought this idea made sense

• 1.yeah i admit that was a really weak reason
    2.if you bring fuel
    3.again if you bring fuel this one makes you spend more metal and go squid hunting in exchange for a no fuel option
    4.alblaka said furnaces were allot simpler than functions like extractors and thats why we have an induction furnace and not a rotary macerator

2/3. Because fuel its particulary hard to find/make right? From wood to saplings to cactus to reed to coal to fuel cans, theres a whole array of good fuels that can be used in the regular/iron furnace.

4. He said simple and fundamental, without Smelting you could not make 80% (Number pulled out of my ass) of the stuff in minecraft. You can live without macerating/extracting/compressing. Still thats no reason to make just another furnace we already have 4 ffs (Stone, Iron, Electric, Induction, i say thats enough of furnaces).

• 2/3. Because fuel its particulary hard to find/make right? From wood to saplings to cactus to reed to coal to fuel cans, theres a whole array of good fuels that can be used in the regular/iron furnace.

4. He said simple and fundamental, without Smelting you could not make 80% (Number pulled out of my ass) of the stuff in minecraft. You can live without macerating/extracting/compressing. Still thats no reason to make just another furnace we already have 4 ffs (Stone, Iron, Electric, Induction, i say thats enough of furnaces).

I guess I just wanted a guilt free(no lag pollution) worry free(solar) option. so the furnace is pretty much sunk but what about the mirrors (I re-worked the top post a bit)?

• I guess I just wanted a guilt free(no lag pollution) worry free(solar) option. so the furnace is pretty much sunk but what about the mirrors (I re-worked the top post a bit)?

i've mentioned mirrors, it got shot down :( i'd just stick with an Electric Furnace and slap a solar panel on top.

• note im not asking to throw around shafts of light

so a mirror becomeing a light emitting block when it sees the sky or another mirror that sees the sky and that light carries the sunlight tag(or what ever the proper coding term is for that) is impossible with out editing base files? what about just making the crops and solars think they can see the sky with out the zombie frying special light?

• Official Post

Ejem*Askforforgehookssinceforgeitsbasicallybasefilemodificationinageneralmannersomodderdonthavetodothosemodificationsthemselvesandhavegood
    compatibilitybetweenmods*Ejem

You should go to the Doctor with that illness. :P
    But Al is not directly working on Forge, unlike Eloraam and Spacetoad, so he could ask them but he will not, because Mirrors are not industrialized enough for IC².