iridium ore

• iridium ore might be found at layers 0 to 40? and would be extremely rare. its a small suggestion but i just think its annoying that you have to get iridium using the matter.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! :D

I belive things are the way they are for 3 reasons
    1.its supposed to be annoying
    2.so we don't turn underground rainbow with ores
    3.it would be so rare an occurrence your better off using uumatter so there is no point in the devs even bothering (this also applies to lightning rods if you take anything away from this post it should be NEVER SUGGEST A LIGHTNING ROD)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• why not a lightning rod?
    ps. i like heaps of ores

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• iridium ore might be found at layers 0 to 40? and would be extremely rare. its a small suggestion but i just think its annoying that you have to get iridium using the matter.

Definitely not. The reason you need to use UU-Matter to make iridium is that doing this prevents you from fabricating the Q-Suit until you've built a massfab, which is essentially IC2's endgame, and come up with a means of powering it. You're supposed to have to jump through all the hoops; it's supposed to be incredibly difficult to make. If you've ever worn a Q-Suit, you'd know that literally nothing you could possibly experience in it will kill you, including multiple simultaneous nukes.

So yes, it's supposed to be annoying.

• oh. thats a pretty good explanation. thanks!

• Iridium doesn't even exist in our Solarsystem. So why add Ore for it.

yeah it does GregoriosT :) it's the metal they use in spark plugs, it is labeled as Ir 77 on the periodic table and is in the platinum family :) it is the absolutely rarest mineral on earth though. so if it ever was added then it would have to by like layers 0-256, inside of any land at a rate of 1 per 9 square chunks. but at that point it's just rediculous and you might as well make a mass fab after 2 hours of playing and make a geothermal factory in the nether.

also, as mentioned, iridium is the point in which IC2 because End Game, shortly after the production of the Mass Fabricator. tossing iridium into the ground as a block would imblance it's current use, also would require another Block ID which we might be using for more valuable purposes like Iron Scaffolds :D i'm aware we have more block IDs to use now know i'm sure no one really expected to run out of them when the game was originally made either. further more, with the geothermal plant in the nether it actually provides a use / mineral gain from the nether that is invaluable. so you can go to the nether to get your Iridium Ores. probly at a much faster rate then you could ever mine then in the Overworld.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• why not a lightning rod?

here is what the all mighty dragon lord and head dev alblaka posted in a previous lightning rod thread

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• yeah, the suggestion of a lightning rod is almost to the point of a trolling/banning offence i think. lol

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• yeah, the suggestion of a lightning rod is almost to the point of a trolling/banning offence i think. lol

It's already a bannable offense.

Al just doesn't catch all of them. He's probably got Anti-Idiot Sunglasses on.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.