Oh Fun, here comes 1.2.5

• I don't know about you folks, but i can't even get 1.2.5 to work if i install anything in the jar aside from modloader. I install modloader mp and forge and the game freezes.

[edit] apparently modloader mp and forge are no longer compatible and something else is being worked on to replace modloader mp. Sorry if anyone else has said this.

• yep I understand this, not a problem.

The most important thing is to know that the job is in progress.
    We just have to wait.

Thanks for your answer.

Sich

• The 1.2.4->1.2.5 update brings Forge dropping MLMP for good, so most mods do have to update, like us.

Behind the scenes, we already switched to NetworkMod, and everything is working just fine with FML.

Thanks for clarifying this I was wondering if you guys were already working on implementing Network mod since its well known MLMP is going the way of the fishes.

• Player couldn't update the build system to 1.2.5 due to being busy, then started a disagreement with Forge due to FML's MLMP incompatibility (already solved with a message shown on startup if MLMP is installed). That's why we are taking longer, but don't worry, we're testing the new version which should be out pretty soon.

• I am glad to hear the new version will be out soon. My old computer died on me so I don't have access to MC 1.2.4, so I am stuck without until then. :P Not to mention not opening minecraft since 1.0... Its been a wile.

• If anyone says this "Herp a derp when are when goonna update y u ban me so many tme fr asking"
    Well, we updated! We won't have to have this til the next update! Which is coming very soon.....

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Official Post

If anyone says this "Herp a derp when are when goonna update y u ban me so many tme fr asking"
    Well, we updated! We won't have to have this til the next update! Which is coming very soon.....

The next Update will cause a new Competition for the most stupid Noobs, who are asking for releasedates. The Winner will receive an epic Ban. Last time it was going to Romania for this epic Question.

• Official Post

Now 1.2.5 is out, but whats about 1.3

Its a giant overhaul of Minecraft, i think even for Forge it will take a very long time to update, because of the following:

- 4096 Block-ID's will be fixed (Some mods are actually having Problems with the 4096-ID-fix)
    - Serverlogic will be mostly in Client (maybe we will nevermore need a seperate Serverversion of our Mods)
    - New Mod-API (lets hope it makes moddeveloping faster in the Future)

Alone fixing that, would need much time for the Moddevelopers, so we have to wait even longer for a 1.3-Release of our precious Tech-Mods.

So what do you think? When can we expect the next release of IC²: 1 Week, 2 Weeks or a Month after 1.3 is released? (THAT WAS NOT ASKING FOR A RELEASEDATE!!! ONLY WHAT THE PEOPLE THINK ABOUT IT!)

• Considering the MASSIVE changes coming to Minecraft in 1.3, the obfuscation is going to change a lot which will set Forge back a ways; taking that into account, I estimate, about a month or three after 1.3.

What I find interesting is that Minecraft will be completely server-sided (creating a server for "SSP").

• So what do you think? When can we expect the next release of IC²: 1 Week, 2 Weeks or a Month after 1.3 is released?

I'd guess five weeks. Less is just a positive surprise and I have no hurry of updating as everything works fine now and minecraft itself needs to update first(duh) which will propably take atleast two weeks.

• Just downloaded the snapshot, and I have to admit that it's pretty slick. They've definitely optimized some of the code since 1.2.5, I'm getting about a 10 FPS increase compared to 1.2.5 without Optifine.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to 1.3, though not for the wait for my mods (I'll just stick with 1.2.5 till then)

Oh, I can tell that the install procedure for mods will change.

• Just downloaded the snapshot, and I have to admit that it's pretty slick. They've definitely optimized some of the code since 1.2.5, I'm getting about a 10 FPS increase compared to 1.2.5 without Optifine.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to 1.3, though not for the wait for my mods (I'll just stick with 1.2.5 till then)

Oh, I can tell that the install procedure for mods will change.

yeah, that's going to be a small nightmare for any mods that don't use the new API. Cue the onrush of idiots that won't install it correctly and make posts like "HALP! Borken!" and nothing else.
    I mean look at the Feed the Beast thread, tons of morons there that can't do simple step by step instructions and posting stupid simple bugs over and over and over again that have already been pointed out and solved earlier in the thread.