[Suggestion] Wool + Machines

• the idea is Simple:

Colored Wool + Extractor = a CHANCE to get the color of the dye (Restrictions apply, stupid notch not adding Brown, White, Blue and Black dyes), Wool is lost.

Wool + Macerator = Strings
    (Nvm just saw it in the craftguide)

Colored Wool + Compressor = White Wool (Dye is lost)

• Could be abused. You can get infinite of any dye by just making a sheep farm, sheep regain their wool so fast that if you have like 15-20 of them, you can constantly shear them. No matter what dye it is, you could abuse it and get as many as you wish of that dye, even if it is just ink sacks, or yellow dye.
    In short: Sheep regenerate whatever color and you can basically dupe it that way.

• Could be abused. You can get infinite of any dye by just making a sheep farm, sheep regain their wool so fast that if you have like 15-20 of them, you can constantly shear them. No matter what dye it is, you could abuse it and get as many as you wish of that dye, even if it is just ink sacks, or yellow dye.
    In short: Sheep regenerate whatever color and you can basically dupe it that way.

Thats why i said a CHANCE to get the dye, not a 100% sure dye get, kinda like recycler.

• I don't think there is much to abuse this is dye we are talking about its not used for much more than coloring things. plus sheep only regen wool when they eat so to make a farm you need some bonemeal to grow some tall grass and wait for a sheep to actually eat it and then the energy for the machine and in the end you get... pink dye what game breaking crime can i commit with pink dye?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Actually they need grass blocks (The second version of Dirt blocks).

And yeah its just dye, i cant make a doomsday machine with dye only >.> (And if you read, the only color of wool that isnt accepted is those that need ink sacks, lapis,cocoa bean and bonemeal to dye in the first place)

• can you recycle dye? cause i'm always open to new ways to get recycle fodder besides the old cobble gen (of course i could just recycle the wool)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• can you recycle dye? cause i'm always open to new ways to get recycle fodder besides the old cobble gen (of course i could just recycle the wool)

I think so, but there exist the blacklist, also extracting the dye from the wool its like the recycler, it may or may not give you ONE dye, you would be better just reclycing the wool.

• Official Post

I think so, but there exist the blacklist, also extracting the dye from the wool its like the recycler, it may or may not give you ONE dye, you would be better just reclycing the wool.

Blacklist:102, 280, 332, 220
    [Glass panes,stick, snowball ,Scaffold] (even though scaffold is usefull to increase EU gain per wood, 9 planks can be turned into 32 scaffolds and it burn for the same 750EU plank does)
    I like dye extraction that way, much easier to get some uncommon (mixed) dyes.

• Colored Wool + Extractor = a CHANCE to get the color of the dye (Restrictions apply, stupid notch not adding Brown, White, Blue and Black dyes), Wool is lost.

Agree, but no restriction, please. Better add needed new dies as Eloraam adds Indigo. Also easy recipes possible like Ink Sac -> Black Die to be used in solar panels instead of Coal Dust. And to be dropped by Blackthorn.

• Agree, but no restriction, please. Better add needed new dies as Eloraam adds Indigo. Also easy recipes possible like Ink Sac -> Black Die to be used in solar panels instead of Coal Dust. And to be dropped by Blackthorn.

Yes to restrictions because apparently i can make a Death Star out of Dyes Only... Maybe if i sell those...

• i gues the restriction is just for balancing reasoning (read it i think)

i agreed it would be OP if uses without.

but to add it the subject at hand. an dye wil be used up by an wool.. it drenches, dries. and solid (tiny) particles of dye remain.
    maybe first drench the wool with watter to reverse this process an squeeze it into an compressor.

dont know if anyone else said this, its kinda late for me.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Yes to restrictions because apparently i can make a Death Star out of Dyes Only... Maybe if i sell those...

Have you read my post whole? Why you want restrictions? To forbid yourself to get Lapis? Get Blue Die. To forbid yourself to get Bonemeal? Get White Die. Or you want to paint a sheep by cactus then make cactus waterproof from the wool?

• Theres no Blue Dye or White Dye (Although i guess it can be fairly easy to create). The Chance to get or not get a dye stays though no matter what you say.

Also i did read your post but if you dont frigging express yourself using the right words i cant really understand.

• I never was against chances. I was against forbidding some colors only.
    And excuse my poor english, I'm not english-native.

• the only thing i might think of when not added is the simple phrase.

nope.
    © Alblaka

8)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• The only reason (Like i said in the OP) to not get some wool colors its because those use some direct items instead of Dyes, If the corresponding dyes gets added i dont see why it can not be added.

perhaps when you try to extract a color that gives a direct item you get that color a shade lighter (so blue wool yields cyan dye)