Luminators with OPTIONAL internal storage

• Hi

I'm currently building a small town in Minecraft, and am annoyed by the way Luminators currently have an internal storage unit without the ability to turn it off/take it out. I just spent 3 hours trying to design a light detector using solar panels, MFE's, mass fabricators and redstone repeaters, to end up discovering that Luminators won't turn off when the current is removed because of their internal storage.

I would like to be able to use Luminators like real lights, so they turn off when a current is removed, and turn on when a current is applied. This would be useful for my street lights in my town, as well as being able to build a mob spawner that can be luminated when not spawning mobs, etc.

I know in MineCraft 1.2 we now have Redstone lamps that fulfill the same objective, but Redstone is not as easy to use as IC2 cabling, and not as flexible either.

I'm not suggesting that the internal storage should necessarily be removed, but maybe adding a GUI with the ability to turn it off if you don't want it.

• they are already up for re working by Al

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• >Luminators are going to be reworked

>STOP posting luminator suggestion until then

>READ at least a few pages of the suggestion thread (even if its only the titles), Before posting something in here

>Although new people reading before hand its as unlikely as me being less of an Asshole
    >LIGHTNING ROD IS A STUPID IDEA DONT YOU DARE POST IT AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD IF YOU EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT IT!!!

>That is all.

• WOW !

FenixR has an baaaad day :P
    somebody pranked you with an solid april fools joke? haha

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• WOW !

FenixR has an baaaad day :P
    somebody pranked you with an solid april fools joke? haha

Rule number 1 of April Fools day: Dont believe ANYTHING that its dated 01-April EVER.

(Also im just a little tired, havent slept in 24 hours and i have to stay awake for at least 6-7 more hours.)

• redstone lamps (or redpower lamps) and detector cables should get you the effect you are looking for you just need something to draw power to drive the detector cables i personally recommend a mass fab. and you don't want to use luminators cause if the flicker they could lag you out and crash your game with the lighting updates.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Read 4 pages of the suggestion forum, nothing about luminators at all that I can see. Also, i had no idea they were going to be reworked, so don't bark at me ;(

Also, I know lightning rods are a stupid idea, and would never expect to see it in IC2 ;) ;)

PS, can you try to be less of an asshole? It's not the most appealing thing in the world, and just makes me more inclined to give up on IC2 and convert to something like RedPower

• Read 4 pages of the suggestion forum, nothing about luminators at all that I can see. Also, i had no idea they were going to be reworked, so don't bark at me ;(

Also, I know lightning rods are a stupid idea, and would never expect to see it in IC2 ;) ;)

PS, can you try to be less of an asshole? It's not the most appealing thing in the world, and just makes me more inclined to give up on IC2 and convert to something like RedPower

Blame Snoochy and GregoriousT, they kept spamming bad ideas one after the other these past weeks >.>.

And No. And you wont leave IC2, at best you will install both mods together and see how stupid that line you posted was.

Also this thread will serve as a Bloody head on a Stick to the next people who will even think about posting a luminator/Lightning rod thread.

• Suddenly I want to suggest a 'Tesla Rod'.

Instead of gaining EU from lightning... IT CAUSES IT. (While using EU.)

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Its called the Tesla Coil.

That's great.

I want something that forces the natural occurrence, Lightning, constantly and everywhere within a 20 block radius of the machine.

Tesla Coil doesn't force nature to do it's bidding. It just goes 'poof' and things die.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• That's great.

I want something that forces the natural occurrence, Lightning, constantly and everywhere within a 20 block radius of the machine.

Tesla Coil doesn't force nature to do it's bidding. It just goes 'poof' and things die.

If we could control mother nature, i would make things a little more rounder because im f***ing tired of the whole square thing.

• That's great.

Yeh, might be slightly off-topic, but this does annoy me, I'd like to see the Tesla Coil actually emit lightning instead of the puff of purple smoke we have atm...

Either way, fix the luminators :P

• Blame Snoochy and GregoriousT, they kept spamming bad ideas one after the other these past weeks >.>.

And No. And you wont leave IC2, at best you will install both mods together and see how stupid that line you posted was.

Also this thread will serve as a Bloody head on a Stick to the next people who will even think about posting a luminator/Lightning rod thread.

dang and I thought the warp drive and solar furnace would have put me on snoochy's level in your book I guess I'll just have to try harder (jk its april first)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• dang and I thought the warp drive and solar furnace would have put me on snoochy's level in your book I guess I'll just have to try harder (jk its april first)

You cant actually expect me to actually remember the name of every victim of my asshole powers. /maybeajokemaybenot

• well since you are a certified asshole i expected enough professionalism for you to at least write it down. isn't remembering your victims part of your asshole certification?

• well since you are a certified asshole i expected enough professionalism for you to at least write it down. isn't remembering your victims part of your asshole certification?

Nope, part of the asshole course said to not give a damn about remembering people names. In the end its doesnt matter, a victim its a victim.

• Nope, part of the asshole course said to not give a damn about remembering people names. In the end its doesnt matter, a victim its a victim.

let me guess not giving a damn to remember who issued you your certification is part of this to?

• Official Post

Blame Snoochy and GregoriousT, they kept spamming bad ideas one after the other these past weeks >.>.

Hey, i had posted only 9 Ideas here and 5 of them were really good!

Weighted recycling, Less Lag for ULV, UUM-Craftingdevice, Oiling machines and the Seedbag-Bag or how you would say Seedbag-Box.

before i forget to say again:

LUMINATORS ARE ON A REWORK!!!

And everyone who says that these are "Illuminators" should check his spelling, because i saw the Word very often instead of Luminator in the last time.