Suggestion: Base-in-a-box!

• interesting idea, how about making a small moblie base that is about 5by5by4 in size, the recipie would be something like:
    :Generator::Electric Furnace::Compressor:
    :Extractor::Rubber::Recycler:
    :Macerator: :personal Safe: :Batbox:
    Rubber=CFoam Pellets.

this would create an item that when right clicked would remove all blocks in this 5by5by4 area centered at your feet and create a small base made from Construction Foam with a generator that goes into a batbox then a Copper uninsulated wire behind a Electric furnace, macerator, compressor, extractor, recycler, all on one wall, and a personal chest on the other wall. it is your choice where to carve the door and to bring a bed with you.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• i can see people use this to foam-bomb their friends

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• true i suppose, just figured it's be convinient, and also people can already foam bomb their friends anyway. and there are far more powerful ways to grief.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Sometimes I feel that this section of the forum is totally useless. This extreme 'sorting' of ideas is redicolous. Sure there are some 'not that great ideas' but some of the arguments to 'put those ideas down' could apply to every suggestion. Every single one.

If someone suggested a crop system before it was introduce I guess it would have gotten the same response.

I think a mobile base to grind up and compress resources from your mining trips would be great. But I would like it more as some kind of tent or something.

• or slow inefficient hand held machines or Macgyver'ed machines! :D http://forum.industrial-craft.…t=macgyver%27ed#post46341

the problem i have with base in a box is it removing blocks that get in it way it seems like a pretty quick way to screw up a reactor with out having to mine through the blast shielding

maybe a mobile tardis-like base?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• i would like to see some sort of tent because i always stay for a long time where i start and its not good in servers so it would be nice.

• Official Post

I always wanted to create something like this (original idea behind the TerraFormer) but never found a good concept.

I think, abusing NBT tags could result in some fun stuff in this regard... how about building a small 8x8x8 area, powering a nearby space compression machine and getting a "Base in a cell" which will recreate the compressed area upon throwing? :3

• I always wanted to create something like this (original idea behind the TerraFormer) but never found a good concept.

I think, abusing NBT tags could result in some fun stuff in this regard... how about building a small 8x8x8 area, powering a nearby space compression machine and getting a "Base in a cell" which will recreate the compressed area upon throwing? :3

YES!! long have i wanted some form of mobile base and every one just said "shud'up and wait for elloram to make frames" i'm all kinds of happy now :);)8):D^^:rolleyes::thumbup::thumbup:8o (also see warp drive)

• Official Post

I always wanted to create something like this (original idea behind the TerraFormer) but never found a good concept.

Easy way transporting some bases and farms :D

• I always wanted to create something like this (original idea behind the TerraFormer) but never found a good concept.

would the space compressor compress its self with the base or will i have to lug that, a wrench, and a power source along to?

• i think it is neat,

but now to the mayor isue, what would it take to do so in terms of power? (is my isue:P)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• i think it is neat,

but now to the mayor isue, what would it take to do so in terms of power? (is my isue:P)

not this again you last i checked no one wanted anything similar to this till alblaka said something I'm not going to let you kill it with being nitpicky over how much power it takes :cursing:

• not this again you last i checked no one wanted anything similar to this till alblaka said something I'm not going to let you kill it with being nitpicky over how much power it takes :cursing:

ts ts, dont worry my friend. i did not reply to kill the subject. all i want to know what it wil cost.

like this:
    tier 1 machine, around 8 eu/tick?
    tier 2 machine, around 36 eu/tick
    tier 3 (uu matter)

thats all, i just want to know at what stage i can start to use this in new worlds

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• so that is in total around 1,5mil if i am correct?

sounds good, its more like an endgame far away mining facility?

also, this one uu matter also requires you to be at endgame already - reactor - lots of power. sounds good.

only... the machines created in the base wil they be salvagable (wrencheble) or not? sounds like an loophole to me to get more from uu matter

• it appears that it will compress any 8x8 area not just spit out a cookie cutter inflatable workshop am i right? can it be deployable with dispensors or something for more controlled placment?

• Official Post

I guess whenever you place it, it will fill an area of 8x8x8 substituting any existant block above where you place.

And , a good use for that is to transfer some automated RP machines from one place to another without destroying it entirely.

• thinking about it that is no worse than setting off some explosives