Incompatibility, Better then wolves

• i have not tried this myself, however a friend of mine runs a number of mods on his world

he has tried to add industrial craft 2 to his list of mods however came up some conflicts

it also seems that industrial craft no-longer has a config file for switching block ids or some-such

i was wondering if its possible to make these mods work together somehow, or if there will be the addition of a config file again in a later version

• Official Post

From my understanding, better than wolves is now using the MCForge platform, so it should be compatible. If he runs a number of mods, it's likely to be one of the other ones causing a problem. I'm not involved in the forge project, so I dunno. However, the main goal of MCForge is to maximise compatibility, so in the future, they will definately be compatible. Bear in mind, this is still a beta release. We havn't hit 1.0 yet.

• I also have this problem with just IC2+BC+BTW on fresh jar with prerequisites but I notice the name hopper in the 1sec crash report.it seems to be the same crash i got before with conflicting block ids.

• Better Than Wolves still modifies a ton of base class files so that's likely where the problem lies. I don't see BTW being fully Minecraft Forge'd for a long time, if ever.

• Iv got Both better then wolves + industrial craft + buildcraft working fine together, you just have to change craploads of blockids, heres my config file

I only edited better then wolves config file, worked fine after

• Only compatibility issues I've had with BTW and IC2 is id conflicts. Chance the BTW ids and it'll work, unless the other mods are conflicting with it.

Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.9 GHz | Asrock 970 Extreme3 | 12GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 | Sapphire Flex HD 6870 @ 1000/1100 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD | Hyper 212+ | OCZ Fatal1ty 550w PSU | NZXT Gamma Classic

• Actually it has been known that Better than Wolves is not 100% minecraft forge. So that would be the #1 cause for this incompatibility

• I also have this problem with just IC2+BC+BTW on fresh jar with prerequisites but I notice the name hopper in the 1sec crash report.it seems to be the same crash i got before with conflicting block ids.

Yeah, even with editing slot numbers, I'm still getting errors as well from BC...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Well this helps a ton until ID resolver puts out a merge for forge. Which should be soon. http://beta.mcmodcenter.net/index.php?/files/file/46-idlist/

It generates a text file listing IDs. I use it to get the below list working. If you get a weird error often it is still an id conflict just listed further down the report. I had over 90 mods at one point. Clearing up id conflicts manually is a pain though.

• Thanks for the link for the ID lister. I did manage to get a 'master' list of slot ID's in use, which will definitely help with these damn conflicts...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.