[suggestion] Tool box like placeable thingy

• So my idea is that we could have storage block but not like chest. Lets say we can put in 3-5 tools. You take that tool, right click on that toolbox/crate, and it disappears from your hotbar into that storage block and so on, and when you want to get tools back you just right click with empty hand and you reseave them back. Its good to set those boxes near agriculture farms and near mines. Near farms you put some hoes and cropnalyzer and lets say weed-ex, near mines maybe pickaxes or drill. So thats my idea i may add something or change.

For others to understand what is this idea about.

basically they want a tool storage device that they don't have to open and you can simply right click it and the tool appears on the rack, right click it again and the tool appears in your hand.

so basically you want to make tools in some way placeable so when you are at your farm or in your workshop you can quickly whip around and swap the tool you have for the tool you need off the wall like making an ic spin on the shelves mod? i think decorators will love it cause they can make a workshop or tool shed that well doesn't look like another chest room. IT ACCTUALLY LOOKS LIKE A TOOL SHED! :D

I like the idea, that way i can keep the set of tools where i need it and not carrying those around.

The toolbox i carry on my person would be for weapons and things i need on the field. The toolbox near my plants would be for cropsticks and similar shits and so on.

Be happy, the certified asshole gives a +1 to this idea.

Suggested ideas.

• i can already see it, but only with 1 item per rack. that would be neat

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Official Post

Can't see much of a difference from chests.

Insta drop some tools and insta pick other set of tools (maybe Equipped armor too?)

People are kinda lazy to drop some tools and pick others, even if it takes few seconds.

• omg. Im getting bored of you guys not cathing the idea. I sed that it shouldint be like chest. You dont have to open it and place something in slots. You just right click with item and it gets automaticali into its inv and then you can take it out with empty hand. I undestand you alblaka. You may not want it because its just waist of time for you. But it would be socool to have such a thingy. Almost same thing flowerchild has for vase (he made better then wolves mod) If no then no. Just lock it. If i would know how to code stuff like that, i would make such addon because in my oppinion its cool.

• Can't see much of a difference from chests.

basically they want a tool storage device that they don't have to open and you can simply right click it and the tool appears on the rack, right click it again and the tool appears in your hand.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• so basically you want to make tools in some way placeable so when you are at your farm or in your workshop you can quickly whip around and swap the tool you have for the tool you need off the wall like making an ic spin on the shelves mod? i think decorators will love it cause they can make a workshop or tool shed that well doesn't look like another chest room. IT ACCTUALLY LOOKS LIKE A TOOL SHED! :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• basically, and it'd looks better then having 40 crafting boxes over a row of Wooden pressure plates that are held up my pieces of fence.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• basically, and it'd looks better then having 40 crafting boxes over a row of Wooden pressure plates that are held up my pieces of fence.

that may be sarcasm but at least this way the shed is functional

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• i dont mean shelf or something where you can see item. Just some sort of crate where you can put tool(s) in. Better then having poop loads of same chests wich makes that annoying noise when you open them for just single tool. Well i have such a thing but for seed bags or not needed items at that sec. I place mcvanilla claudron and i just drop stuff in and after i do my buisness i take them back out.

• that may be sarcasm but at least this way the shed is functional

that's what i said :) that it would actually be functional instead of the cheesy/crappy "i have 40 saws and 40 hammers" look to it, lol

i dont mean shelf or something where you can see item. Just some sort of crate where you can put tool(s) in. Better then having poop loads of same chests wich makes that annoying noise when you open them for just single tool. Well i have such a thing but for seed bags or not needed items at that sec. I place mcvanilla claudron and i just drop stuff in and after i do my buisness i take them back out.

how would you specify what tool you wanted from the wrack if you couldn't see what it looked like on it? also how would you pull out a specific tool from a box if say you have 5 tools in it but wanted your drill only but it kept giving you your treetaps and hoes? i think it would look better if you made a "Tool Rack" and could store 1 tool on the rack at a time, right clicking it with a tool would hang that tool which would simply use Sprites kind of like Crops do, that way you could use 1 Block ID and have every type of tool hanging from several racks.

• hmmmm would posting a tool hook suggestion count as a repeat suggestion with this thread here?

• I like the idea, that way i can keep the set of tools where i need it and not carrying those around.

The toolbox i carry on my person would be for weapons and things i need on the field. The toolbox near my plants would be for cropsticks and similar shits and so on.

Be happy, the certified asshole gives a +1 to this idea.

• so its like a kit dispenser?

• so its like a kit dispenser?

think more like a Real Life wall in a Tool Shed, except each tool (or stack of Crop Sticks) are spaced out by one meter.

• think more like a Real Life wall in a Tool Shed, except each tool (or stack of Crop Sticks) are spaced out by one meter.

no i mean sky demons idea im trying to wrap my head around it

• no i mean sky demons idea im trying to wrap my head around it

i think what he wants in a storage block with no GUI, you simply right click it with a tool to insert tool, and right click with an empty hand to reclaim the tool. the issue i see with his is he wants there to be like 5 tools in this one box with no GUI. so i don;t see how you could possibly choose which tool you want other then to pull them all out and put them all back in.