[Suggestion] Slimeballuses?

• slimeballs as an oil lube sounds alright but the rarity of slime's puts this near one of the road blocks of the lightning rod suggestion

lol, slimes are by no means rare, specially if you build your base right, which i accidently did. i'll go watch a movie and come back and something have like 10 large slimes 4 medium slimes and 6-10 small slimes loving up on my house inside my city. it's rediculous, now i'm starting to get a surplus of slime balls and have been recycling them cause they are worthless. i'd greatly appriciate a use for them, like an efficiency lubricant, especially since a massively overclocked Macerator costs like 350,000 eu's per stack.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• i suppose Sand+Slime=Clay would be an ok use as well. i think it makes more sence and would probly rather it replace the Water Cell in the CFoam recipie though since Slimes are mainly watery. maybe have a slime ball replace the water cell and have a recipe for Slime+resin+sand=clay balls?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Why we need a new Cable for Overcurrent. Ive never had that since the beginning of playing IC². And that only because i thougt that a MFE emits Coppercableusable current, because of Old IC1 references in the Wiki.

Actually i was think of a kind of cable for tests... difficult circuits that need to be tested before enter into function... if i setup something compact with different EU input machines (and i haven't trasformer upgrade), before i switch energy on, i want to test it before i blow up everything...
    For an expert player is nearly useless, but for noobs and complex design is a "try again" opportunity...

• Actually i was think of a kind of cable for tests... difficult circuits that need to be tested before enter into function... if i setup something compact with different EU input machines (and i haven't trasformer upgrade), before i switch energy on, i want to test it before i blow up everything...
    For an expert player is nearly useless, but for noobs and complex design is a "try again" opportunity...

i became an expert because of numerous noob mistakes. you'll never become the best if you are never challenged to push yourself to your limits. blow a few things up on accident :) it's good for you in the end :D

• what they could do is add a new slot to machines like the macerator, compressor and extractor (not furnace) where you put slimeballs it would act like when you put scrap in a mass-fab this would be much more easyier to code i think, right?

• what they could do is add a new slot to machines like the macerator, compressor and extractor (not furnace) where you put slimeballs it would act like when you put scrap in a mass-fab this would be much more easyier to code i think, right?

eh, i think it might actually be alittle harder to code in a constant multiplier, since i'm pretty sure machines are basically like "recive X amount of power, complete operation" so it would become recieve "X amount of power(IF slimeballs is in upgrade slot then, -1 slime ball and divide by 2)/2" it might be almost the same about of coding but it's basically the same thing... actually i think what you might be asking for is slightly more powerful because it would greatly increase efficiency without increasing the energy cost. basically it would be the same thing though. your's would just make it faster without the use of overclockers.

• some might find it odd that a slime ball can be both sticky and slippery but I'm sure that's nothing a canning machine and an extractor can't solve if such issues come up. the conecpt seems reasonable to me

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• i'd imagine it's be very similar to jello, it's 98% water and when the water is extracted it's all sticky and crusty in places..... This just gave me a GREAT idea to make another Minecraft Creature for my office Desk to go next to my Cardboard Creeper :D

• Slime + extractor gives water source block? Or slime + bucket = bucket of slime, slimebucket+extractor = water bucket? Not everyone uses man-made infinite water pools.

i was thinking more like "Slime=Water Cell" lol, or atleast in some recipies like CFoam. and Electrolizers. slime+extract=source water, slime+compressor=resin?

• I always thought slimeballs should be able to be thrown like chicken eggs, and create the tiny tier 1 slimes on contact. However, since slime is a significantly more rare resource than sap is, it follows that it should have a significant, yet appropriate purpose that is suited to its' rarity. Using slime for sticky pistons feels silly when you can get infinite free sap with very little work, compared to getting slimes to spawn. And although slime is sticky, we can't make any traps like we can with placeable sap.

I say we interpret slime as "slimy" not "sticky". Slimy is slippery. Perhaps slime could be applied to the tops of blocks to greatly speed up the travel of entities over them. I quickly realized cactus farms were silly because by the time the blocks made it out of the maze of water, they only had a minute or so in my base before they despawned. Slime could make a silly design like that possible. Or it could be used for fast travel between bases, on a special low-friction skybridge. y'know, if you are too lazy to acquire iridium for mr. quantum speedypants.

The alternative ideas being spitballs that cover players screens, combining with uranium for dangerous radioactive pourable liquid spooge, combining with sap to create a special heat-sensitive glue that pins mobs/players in place until they break the block the glue was placed on (obviously since mobs can't do this, they are sort of doomed), and finally perhaps it is a psychedelic slime that could be put in coffee/booze and innocently presented to your friends on a server for a few minutes of hilarity. Boy, I don't know if any of these fit with IC2's image, but it was fun thinking about them!

• Slimeballs aren't rare just try to build a large city on the Bedrock and BAM you get too much of those.

yeah i thought slimes were realatively rare as well until i did what GregoriousT is talking about. now we know just how common and annoying they are, i usually get about 25 levels a day off slimes alone that are invading my city. the foundation of my city is at layer 10 i think and layers 4-9 are hollow just to help deter them from spawning inside my town all the time, but they doo :p they are like a virus in my Tron like town.

• Well, that explains it. Why would you build a large city at bedrock level if you know slimes spawn down there? And how do you deal with the extreme fog? Why not just build higher up???

• Well, that explains it. Why would you build a large city at bedrock level if you know slimes spawn down there? And how do you deal with the extreme fog? Why not just build higher up???

just becouse we CAN :p

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• wel i dont realy care about that one :P but thx for the hint..

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

i raises it up to layer 10 so the fog isn't completely god aweful, but i wanted some of the fog look to the city when i was done, that way it keeps a dark mysterious and creepy appeal but there will be enough light to keep enemies from spawning everywhere. :)

also i'd rather deal with a constant slime infestation for realism for my situation then any other mobs, specially creepers, they tend to take out my Glass Fences and lightposts alot. since the rest of the town and building is CFoam it doesn;t really matter.