[SUGGESTION] - Chainsaw has 2 modes

• The first thing I noticed upgrading from IC2 1.71 is that chainsaws now drop leaves (as per the release notes). The second thing I noticed is that the leaves are now useful because it provides extra recycling material. The third thing I noticed is that I no longer had saplings to replant my forest.

I think the chainsaw should have two modes, one for shear-like action, and one for sheer destruction. The only difference between the two being whether or not things like grass/leaves/etc drop. Perhaps on shear mode it would also make sheep drop more wool... when you "shear" them with your chainsaw ;)

• i still get saplings when shaving leaves with a chainsaw. when i sheer off Birch leaves (white trunk trees) i still get saplings and leaves. when i sheer rubber trees i only get saplings.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Snoochy, that brings up another point. Shears doesn't seem to work on rubber tree leaves, which makes it sort of inconsistent. Perhaps that would be fixed as well with a little TLC towards the chainsaw.

• meh, macerating an plant form would turn it into pulp. literaly. (if you include an sappling pulp as an actual sappling that can grow) then its posible.

its not realistic, just downright stupid to macerate them. it would OP tree farming GREATLY,

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• how about combining 9 leaf blocks of the same type to make a sapling of that type?

also i don;t know about ya'll but i've never be able to change Modes on a Chainsaw in real life.... OH WAIT! yes i have! Off and Cut! lol. i don;t really feel that modes are necissary with the chainsaw. alos even when you cut up plants in real life with a chainsaw you do indeed get lots of leaves and a couple of branches that could be used to grow a new tree with some Root Starter.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

I kinda like the idea of changing modes, but I had a different idea!

How about macerating leaf blocks to get saplings?

Build a Reminer* with RP (even with BC is that possible but much harder)

It places and then directly mines a block. Thats good for getting Flint from Gravel, Snowballs from snowblocks or Clayballs from Clayblocks...

* = the Reminer is a copyrighted Brandname by Eloraam :D

• I repeat one more time, saw have silktouch property it will drop sapling and apples with leaves block, this allow infinite saplings and apples (dublication exploit).

rubber leaves wont drop looks like by design. block never drop itself in code.

• adding "make apple-gen" to my bucket list

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Ok, so when I first posted this I was playing with IC2, Plasmacraft, and Twilight Forest. I found out that Plasmacraft screws up a whole lot of things in the game, including the dropping of saplings/apples when you are harvesting trees. I removed it to fix a variety of problems, and I started getting saplings and apples again.

I don't think leaves you place manually have a chance to drop apples. I've destroyed about a hundred in a treehouse project and I haven't even seen an extra sapling. Also, I think that even if they did drop saplings and apples it would be a much faster process to simply plant a huge forest and chainsaw it all down than to try and place every single leaf block you got... On another note, who really needs all those leaves anyways? Maybe it's going to be an easier way to get biomass for bio cells?