Suggestion: Upgraded Lappack (MFE + MFS Pack maybe?)

• Hey, ive noticed that the Lappack is very empty when digging holes with a mining laser, or using it for mining only

i'd like to suggest some thing better than a lappack, maybe a MFE Pack, storing 600k eu, and the MFS Pack storing 5 million?

or Nano and Quantum packs?

not sure what name, how much storage and which recipes, discuss, it obviously needs balancing

• a mining laser isn't ment to be a tool where you can go under a continent, set laser to explode, and then completely destroy a continent from the inside. it requires you to go back and recharge constantly at the convinience of being able to shoot through 40 blocks at a time and then casually check the walls for minerals. as it is, with 1-2 lappacks and setting the laser to Long Range i can get an entire inventory of minerals (no cobble or dirt, only ores and coal). you just need to either make 1 or 2 more. the only time i've ever needed a significant amount more power was when i was using a mining laser to shave a 64 by 64 area from surface to bedrock for a foundation of a town. in which case i simply used 6 lappacks, only 2 were neccissary though because 1-2 lappacks would fill up my inventory and then i'd recharge them when i went to recycle all my cobble.

put if this was to be added i'd say 2MFEs 4 lapotron crystals, 1 advanced machine block and a lappack.

:MFE-Transmitter::Advanced Machine::MFE-Transmitter:
    :Industrial Diamond::Batpack::Industrial Diamond:
    :Industrial Diamond: ... :Industrial Diamond:

2million storage imo.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• You really need more energy? Holy smokes, and I thought the lappack was big enough. How do you propose to carry all that material? If you really need to, bring a second lappack.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• You really need more energy? Holy smokes, and I thought the lappack was big enough. How do you propose to carry all that material? If you really need to, bring a second lappack.

i could kind of see a bigger storage being nessisary if your on an SMP server, 1 person uses the mining lazer and 2-3 people follow behind them with their diamond drills and othr lasers scraping all the minerals out of the walls. basically the person with the most energy storage becomes a Tunneling machine and just plows tunnel after tunnel disregarding all minerals. i've done this a few times on my server but i carried 6-8 LapPacks. or if you just need to clear out a huge area like you are your own quarry, you just set it to long range, go about 30 blocks under ground and clear a 2 high area. you then proceed to shooting out the ceiling in columns, 30 blocks at a time as fast as possible, then 2-3 other players run back and forth collecting the material and taking the materials and depleted packs to the recycling center and charge your lappacks, then return for more. i've done that too for my "Tron Legacy" looking city that starts at layer 10.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• put if this was to be added i'd say 2MFEs 4 lapotron crystals, 1 advanced machine block and a lappack.

2million storage imo.

2 million?!?!?!
    2xMFE= 2x600.000EU = 1.200.000EU
    4xLapotron= 4x1.000.000 = 4.000.000EU
    1lappack= 300.000EU

1.200.000+4.000.000+300.000= 5.500.000EU and u want it hold ONLY 2 million??? i take 6 lappack, thanks... :thumbdown:

• 2 million?!?!?!
    2xMFE= 2x600.000EU = 1.200.000EU
    4xLapotron= 4x1.000.000 = 4.000.000EU
    1lappack= 300.000EU

1.200.000+4.000.000+300.000= 5.500.000EU and u want it hold ONLY 2 million??? i take 6 lappack, thanks... :thumbdown:

it also saves a significant amount of storage space. and yes ONLY 2 million, that equal to just short of 4 LapPacks. also not everything has to make since, just like how 4 energy crystals and 6 lapotrons magically = 10 million when attached to some iron, tin and copper.

you have to think of what is Balanced, not "this is what i want, i don't care if it's OP, screw balance"

• it also saves a significant amount of storage space. and yes ONLY 2 million, that equal to just short of 4 LapPacks. also not everything has to make since, just like how 4 energy crystals and 6 lapotrons magically = 10 million when attached to some iron, tin and copper.

you have to think of what is Balanced, not "this is what i want, i don't care if it's OP, screw balance"

actually equal to 6,66 lappack... 300.000x6,66= about 2.000.000.

i simply follow the example of the previous packs so is not op:

6 re-batterys -> 60.000 EU is exactly the assembly of the raw material that hold 10.000 - BALANCED

lappack use lapis block, but every block carry 40.000EU for a total of 240.000 + batpack= 300.000 - BALANCED

Cristalpak:
    :Energy Crystal::Tesla Coil::Energy Crystal:
    :Energy Crystal::Batpack::Energy Crystal:
    :Energy Crystal: --- :Energy Crystal:

:Batpack: are lappack obviously. It hold 1.000.000 EU.

energy cristal that hold 100.000 are the next step. 600.000 plus lappack is 900.000 EU rounded up by me to 1.000.000 EU for the tesla coil... nearly the same trend...

put if this was to be added i'd say 2MFEs 4 lapotron crystals, 1 advanced machine block and a lappack.

2million storage imo.

if u put all this massive EU container u obtain a REDUCTION of their conteniment power by 2/3 of their capacity, THIS is really UNbalanced.

• if u put all this massive EU container u obtain a REDUCTION of their conteniment power by 2/3 of their capacity, THIS is really UNbalanced.

first off, where did you get that a lapis block can hold any amount of energy, specially 40,000EU. also i'm not sure if you realized but as it is with all games and balancing, it require significantly more materials of rarity or effort to aquire a minor upgrade. then you have to try and balance convinience with power, you can either make it horribly inconvient to make and a pain in the ass to maintain or charge, kind of like the trade off with going from a drill to diamond drill, sure it mines faster but cost more EUs. so in this case it's a hell of alot more expensive but still not horribly overpowered. so you could either make it even more expensive and follow the trend and make it End Game of Final Game material. or you can make it just alittle harder to get and make it a significant upgrade.

if you REALLY wanted something with like 6 million EU storage then i would say 2-3 iridium plates, 2 MFEs and 4 lapotrons with a lappack. then this could be the energy equivalent to the Quantum Suit.

• first off, where did you get that a lapis block can hold any amount of energy, specially 40,000EU. also i'm not sure if you realized but as it is with all games and balancing, it require significantly more materials of rarity or effort to aquire a minor upgrade. then you have to try and balance convinience with power, you can either make it horribly inconvient to make and a pain in the ass to maintain or charge, kind of like the trade off with going from a drill to diamond drill, sure it mines faster but cost more EUs. so in this case it's a hell of alot more expensive but still not horribly overpowered. so you could either make it even more expensive and follow the trend and make it End Game of Final Game material. or you can make it just alittle harder to get and make it a significant upgrade.

if you REALLY wanted something with like 6 million EU storage then i would say 2-3 iridium plates, 2 MFEs and 4 lapotrons with a lappack. then this could be the energy equivalent to the Quantum Suit.

Lappack hold 300.000EU - 60.000EU for batpack = 240.000 EU gap. Assuming that circuit don't hold any energy, the lapis do: 240.000 /6 block = 40.000. In the game they don't hold any energy, but this is their value IF they hold it.

6 diamonds VS 54 lapis seems to me a consistent effort for a boost in a portable battery capacity... and 1.000.000 seems to me enough EU to carry on...
    1.000.000 is actually a lapotron that u can decharge on the way... it seems to me the cap of the portable-usable IC2 tecnology. Have devices that hold up more EU shouldn't be permitted.

• quote]
    Lappack hold 300.000EU - 60.000EU for batpack = 240.000 EU gap. Assuming that circuit don't hold any energy, the lapis do: 240.000 /6 block = 40.000. In the game they don't hold any energy, but this is their value IF they hold it.

6 diamonds VS 54 lapis seems to me a consistent effort for a boost in a portable battery capacity... and 1.000.000 seems to me enough EU to carry on...
    1.000.000 is actually a lapotron that u can decharge on the way... it seems to me the cap of the portable-usable IC2 tecnology. Have devices that hold up more EU shouldn't be permitted.

you can't neccisarily just "give" a block an EU estimated value. the closest thing you can do to that is compare it through UUM, in which case 6 lapis blocks = 3 energy crystals. which means you'd magically gain power from making a lappack.

and agreed large EU portable storing Devices are usually shunned and aren't permitted, that's why you'd have to have such a drastic cost for the convinience of such a device. it would be an end game item to allow the end game players to relieve some of the manotony of pacing back and forth to recharge stuff. currently i run around with 6 lapppacks usually and only mine for Iron and Coal, then i make Tin and Copper from UUM which has a MUCH better ratio, so i save inventory space that way. however, my 6 lappacks drain before i can find 18-24 stacks of iron, coal, uranium, and diamonds. and since i've put so much time into this i'd greatly perfer to spend a farily "obsurd" amount of resources which at this point if almost trivial in order to ease my mining experience without as much of a need to return to town every 15-30 minutes to recharge.

• Official Post

You really need more energy? Holy smokes, and I thought the lappack was big enough. How do you propose to carry all that material? If you really need to, bring a second lappack.

THIS.

You don't need more Energy in a backpackformat, even if so then make a second Lappack to change it in a nearby placed MFSU, which you've prepared for that purpose. So: if ("empty") then "goto MFSU";"change the Lappack";"goto last Position";"begin work again" else "work".

You are earlier full of Cobble as your Lappack is empty so you can change the Pack simply when you run to your Cobblerecycler.

• you can't neccisarily just "give" a block an EU estimated value. the closest thing you can do to that is compare it through UUM, in which case 6 lapis blocks = 3 energy crystals. which means you'd magically gain power from making a lappack.

Actually, for making a block of lapis, u need 4UUM for 9 lapis
    for 1 cristal u need 9 UUM for the diamond and 1,33 UUM for 8 redstone (4UUM x 24 redstone).
    6 lapis block= 24 UUM for 240.000 EU
    6 cristals= 62 UUM for 600.000 EU
    PERFECTLY BALANCED ANOTHER TIME!

• Actually, for making a block of lapis, u need 4UUM for 9 lapis
    for 1 cristal u need 9 UUM for the diamond and 1,33 UUM for 8 redstone (4UUM x 24 redstone).
    6 lapis block= 24 UUM for 240.000 EU
    6 cristals= 63 UUM for 600.000 EU
    PERFECTLY BALANCED ANOTHER TIME!

.... *facepalm* your helpless, discusion ended. back to the OP. if you want a more powerful backpack your going to have to sacrifice ALOT of materials, end of story.

and GregiousT, that's usually the best approach and just swap out 2 at a time, but sometimes my diamond mines stretch to be like 800 meters or more and it's tedious having to run all the way back.

• I upset u? :( don't want that...
    Anyway i never want to have a better backpack... lappak works really good for me :D

lol, nah i'm not upset, it's that your doing your math one way which makes sence to you but is incorrect as to how i was trying to explain as to why the values were off, and i can;t think of a way to explain it otherwise because i've been awake for the past 43 hours :p and the lappack is fine for my uses cause i can still clear a huge area by myself with 2-3 of them and i swapp them on each return journey, but my job here is not to shoot down people's ideas and say "hell no! your idea is shit!" but it's my job to try and help them balance it out into the game so that it better's their experience whether i personally use it or not.

• Common, the lappack its already an upgrade to the batpack and now you want another one? You people are difficult to satisfy >.> sheesh

I wouldn't mind one, to be honest...

But does anyone here remember HOW FREAKING HARD IT WAS TO GET AL TO AGREE TO AN UPGRADED BATPACK IN THE FIRST PLACE?!

The chances of this happening is the same as combining a QuantumSuit Chest, and the Lappack together in one item. (IE: Basically none.)

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I wouldn't mind one, to be honest...

But does anyone here remember HOW FREAKING HARD IT WAS TO GET AL TO AGREE TO AN UPGRADED BATPACK IN THE FIRST PLACE?!

The chances of this happening is the same as combining a QuantumSuit Chest, and the Lappack together in one item. (IE: Basically none.)

Quite honestly, the current lappack have enough energy for what we use it for, 300k its basically 3 energy crystals, half a msu and basically 1/3 of a lapotron.

If new tools get added that consumes more energy or something its done to the current tools, i honestly see no valid reason to add another one.