[Suggestion]: Adv. Pumps

• This has probably been suggested a lot of times, even though it's not in the ideas list, but what's the possibility of making a sort of 'advanced' pump that acts similar to Buildcraft's pump? As in, it doesn't just pump the block under it, rather it pipes the entire body of water/lava.

Right now, pumps seem kinda useless when they aren't paired with a miner. So, when you would craft an advanced pump, you would trade the ability to connect with miners for more liquid pumping.
    It should be crafting like this:

Re-Battery Miner Re-Battery
    Mining Pipe Pump Mining Pipe
    Mining Pipe BatBox Mining Pipe

Or something like that. I'm not really sure how to make things balanced, in terms of energy and the like.

Again, sorry if this has been suggested before, but it wasn't in the 'ideas' list and I'm not about to search through 10 pages of topics.

• i haven;t see a suggestion for this yet to my rememberance. however i do like and approve your idea. i would like to see a IC2 Pump actually syphon from a larger source, this could also be used to mass produce Lava Cells to power geothermal generators, since some people like to use GEOs to power their house in the Overworld, they could use these pumps to fill Cells from the nether. i would like to see this implimented even if there is a minor change in recipie and design of the original Pump.

maybe have the recipie 1 miner, 1 pump, 1 OV Scanner, 4 pipes and 2 Electric cuircuts.

:Electronic Circuit::EC Meter::Electronic Circuit:
    :Empty Cell::Tesla Coil::Empty Cell:
    :Empty Cell::Bronze Pickaxe::Empty Cell:

:EC Meter: =OV Scanner
    :Tesla Coil: =pump
    :Bronze Pickaxe: =miner
    :Empty Cell: =mining pipe

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• EDIT: ^ I like your recipe, with the addition of the OV scanner.

It just seems rather obvious, that's why I'm so worried about it being suggested before.

I just deleted Buildcraft because honestly I think the Redpower tubes transport items better and more efficiently (read: doesn't require diamonds to sort items, extracting items out of a container doesn't require an intrusive meter-wide power source), and I don't really see the point of installing it and taking up so many blockIDs (yes I know there's packages, but there's multiple items in one package) and only using the pumps.

• I just deleted Buildcraft because honestly I think the Redpower tubes transport items better and more efficiently (read: doesn't require diamonds to sort items, extracting items out of a container doesn't require an intrusive meter-wide power source), and I don't really see the point of installing it and taking up so many blockIDs (yes I know there's packages, but there's multiple items in one package) and only using the pumps.

i've heard redpower tubes are better but i've have my doubts, i do like the extractions though, also not sure if you knew but there are now over 4,000 Block IDs. i was thinking about installing Redpower for the system to decrease lag and server stain on my server

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• I was talking in #risucraft and they said that the framework had be lain but the actual code wasn't there. I still get an out-of-bounds exception when I try to assign a blockID higher than 255.

• I was talking in #risucraft and they said that the framework had be lain but the actual code wasn't there. I still get an out-of-bounds exception when I try to assign a blockID higher than 255.

interesting, i've been under the impression it was added in 1.0.0 but hadn;t been fully implimented yet.

• interesting, i've been under the impression it was added in 1.0.0 but hadn;t been fully implimented yet.

It got implemented in 1.2 release (minecraft).

anyways in the recipe for the advanced pump why not advanced circuits instead of normal circuits it is a advanced pump after all.

• It got implemented in 1.2 release (minecraft).

anyways in the recipe for the advanced pump why not advanced circuits instead of normal circuits it is a advanced pump after all.

makes sence, agreed.

• Recipe is not so significant as work logic.
    Pump use nearby Miner to provide pipes to get liquids. Else it can reach only one block down.
    BC Pump emit own magical pipes to reach liquid. Do you want IC2 Adv.Pump to do the same?

• Recipe is not so significant as work logic.
    Pump use nearby Miner to provide pipes to get liquids. Else it can reach only one block down.
    BC Pump emit own magical pipes to reach liquid. Do you want IC2 Adv.Pump to do the same?

basically, and it's not magical pipes to extract liquid, it's like taking a water hose and pumpuing or syphoning the water out, it's not like you need 1 water hose for every square meter of coverage.

• So you mean Adv.Pump should use Mining Pipes from inventory to reach liquid block below. If it is not source block, track it up to source and pump it.
    Is it what you want?

• So you mean Adv.Pump should use Mining Pipes from inventory to reach liquid block below. If it is not source block, track it up to source and pump it.
    Is it what you want?

no, we want it to behave exactly as the BC Pump works to extract liquids, and we could use that pump with compressors to make cells or place Geo generators next to it for power.

• This².

yes but BC is kind of fading out thanks to RedPower Tubing and storage, the ONLY thing BC has going for it if Blueprints which are even available SMP and the Pumps.

• yes but BC is kind of fading out thanks to RedPower Tubing and storage, the ONLY thing BC has going for it if Blueprints which are even available SMP and the Pumps.

RP2 is adding liquid pipes, apparently. Might add pumps considering that.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• RP2 is adding liquid pipes, apparently. Might add pumps considering that.

that would be nice, then RedPower might become better then BC atleast until BC actually gets up to BC3 for SMP then blueprints will be epic. atleast until Alblaka bats their hopes down with his Space Compression buildings, which i'd use far more then BC. not to mention they've been "working on it" for like 4 months, i'm sure alblaka would have his idea implimented and in SMP way before they get their's working properly.

• that would be nice, then RedPower might become better then BC atleast until BC actually gets up to BC3 for SMP then blueprints will be epic. atleast until Alblaka bats their hopes down with his Space Compression buildings, which i'd use far more then BC. not to mention they've been "working on it" for like 4 months, i'm sure alblaka would have his idea implimented and in SMP way before they get their's working properly.

This is all assuming that 1.3 doesn't come out before anyone gets any of this done, and makes everything take forever to update.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I bet modders hate it when they've been working on something for ages, only having an update come and make them franticly rush to update stuff and usually ruining something or causing bugs. (Apart from the ic2 team, who are afreakingmazing)

MinecraftCreeper =Ahh fuck!
    :Nuke TNT: = SHIT!
    MinecraftCreeper+ :Nuke TNT: =SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, WE ARE ALL CLUSTERFUCKED!!!!

• I bet modders hate it when they've been working on something for ages, only having an update come and make them franticly rush to update stuff and usually ruining something or causing bugs. (Apart from the ic2 team, who are afreakingmazing)

Aaaaaaand you necroposted again here, please check the thread dates before deciding to post a reply to a suggestion that is over 3 months dead

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l