[Suggestion] Three helpful Mininglasermodes

• I suggest three hayoish Mininglasermodes

The Orthogonal-Mode:
    You can only shoot along the X,Y or Z-axis similar to Horizontal Mode, so that you can only shoot straight Forward/Upward/Downward (useful for Shaftmining and Quarrying)

The Longrange-Orthogonal-Mode:
    Like the orthogonal Mode but with long Range.

[optional] The OFF-Mode:
    Just switch the Mininglaser OFF, so that you cannot accidently Fire.

[New Idea] Diagonal-Mode:
    Like orthogonal Mode but Diagonal for creating Stairs easyly.

Warning: Do not add too many of the suggested Modes. But at least the Orthogonal one with its Longrangecounterpart.

These Modes would be very helpful, that's all and nothing really new. HAYO!

Just a question, why is it "Modekey + Rightclick" and not only "Modekey"?
    This is important for me to know.

• its time....
    "grabs laptop"

i totaly agree with all 3 mode's
    should make it much much more easier in use.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Wow 8 views and 2 good replies and that when the most people are offline.

I hope, no one is thinking, that i would suggest Nuclear-Explosion-Mode or something similar Overpowered, when reading the Topic. :D

• Bad idea XD 'launches nuclear missiles'

hacking into the missiles allowing them to go return sender :)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Lol @ above posts...

Ontopic, +1 from me, I hope at least the off mode is added.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Also vote for your orthogonal modes to completely replace the horizontal and long-range mode.

not replacing the Longrangemode, because it's often missused as Mobkillermode, but who needs horizontal if orthogonal is available. :D

• +1 but lets be careful adding to many modes i don't want to spend 5min finding the right one

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• It's +3 Modes and -1 Mode (the horizontal one) so with a bit math = +2 Modes

i know i just don't want this to start a trend (still +1)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Off Mode is a MUST HAVE ! Don't know how oftern I have destroyed my entire Base on accidentally firing the laser in Explosion mode..... :D

• Like the first two ideas, but the third (as was pointed out repeatedly in the last thread about it, and now twice in this one), is kinda pointless. Only have the laser selected when you're using it, and you're safe.

Mininglaser in Hotbar + Mousewheel + Laaaaag + Rightclick = ZAP.

• Mininglaser in Hotbar + Mousewheel + Laaaaag + Rightclick = ZAP.

Mining laser not in hotbar = No misfire.

If the simple act of selecting a different active item is for whatever reason (lag, hitting the wrong key or anything else) too difficult, get into the habit of only putting the laser on your bar when you're about to use it, and take it off afterwards.

What next, recycler safety mode so we can't accidentally scrap diamonds?