Suggestion: earth battery

• You need something that makes more that 3080 EU but a Singleusebatterie (you get 8 per crafting) is only 1000 EU and should be more efficient than a bit Dirt and a bit Tin. So it must be in this Interval:

X >3080
    X <1000

So, now you see the mathematical undefined space for adding your Batterie-EU-Balancement

yes i see and do u like this idea?

• Dirtbatterie? Nope (you may have seen my Triplefacepalm)
    Increasing Cableefficiency with that? even if its realistic i dont think that it gets added to IC² (because all new Wires are denied)

ic2 needs new ways to genrate power

i wish i could work on it

but as it stands i can only suggest

• i'm not really a fan of it either i'm just a more civilized discussion over flaming mood today. with out recyclers Terraformers or mass fabs dirt is non renewable if the devs wanted it they could probably make a good dirt hungry recipe but you can just as easily reduce cable loss to near 0 by playing with splitter cables and transformers so like it has been said it probably won't happen

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• look, since flaming does not seem to bother you. let me explain why not:

1. its dirt... this is an industrial mod. not an "green save the day" mod.
    2. power generation is fine as it is. hell i can generate 2000 eu/tick all inside an super compact casuc plant. and if that doesnt work for some dark reason, try sollar pannels
    3. dirt + diamonds, now thats an first. combining tier 0 with tier 3 (represents max in this case diamonds) to produce an whoping 5 eu/tick.

looking at it from an EE perspective.
    1 iron = 256 raw power
    1 diamond = 8900 or something close
    1 dirt = 1.

the balance? horible.

the overal idea in my perspective? grow some brains... serious. its by far the most far fetched idea i have seen since i am on the forums.
    one good word of advice.... drop it. i am mild right now..
    you wil ruin your name if you stupidly insist of pushing this on and on, not to mention anger alot of folks.

wel, this was my (more) mature post.
    drop it already.... i am getting a little bit wel, agrovated by this... 8o

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Official Post

i'm not really a fan of it either i'm just a more civilized discussion over flaming mood today. with out recyclers Terraformers or mass fabs dirt is non renewable if the devs wanted it they could probably make a good dirt hungry recipe but you can just as easily reduce cable loss to near 0 by playing with splitter cables and transformers so like it has been said it probably won't happen

Theres way too much Dirt for that. and everything (except a few Blacklisted things) can produce the 3080EU for a Massfab using following formula:

"1000000EU for UUM" / "6 times more speed with Scrap"
    = "166.666EU for one UUM like listed on wiki" //kinda useless for the discussion because we talk about scrap

"Scrap makes Amplifier for 5000 EU (x6 and you get 30000EU)" - "the 5000EU you need to use the Scrap"
    = "25000EU per piece of Scrap"

"25000EU per Scrap" * "with the 1/8 chance of Recycler"
    = "3125EU per productionprocess"

"3125EU gain per process" - "the Recyclercosts of 45 EU per process"
    = "3080EU per piece of anything what is not blacklisted"

Finally we got 3080EU for any item

• ic2 needs new ways to genrate power

This made me laugh and facepalm at the same time.

And even as a Efficiency booster for cables i reject the idea, we don't need more shit to hookup to the E-Net to make it lag even worse, enough with the solar arrays (not the addon).

• Official Post

While I agree to the fact the idea sounds plainly retarded to me, please turn down the flaming and capital-letter volume. It makes me honestly sad to see this forum developing into the direction of MCF, where it needs 8 people posting the same "OMG CRAP IDEA" instead of a single argumented "No".