[Suggestion] Bacteria

• My suggestion is being able to breed bacteria for many different uses. By being able to genetically modify bacteria or selective breeding, they will be able to do incredible things. To start, you need to craft a petri dish. You have to place a gel onto it and wait until bacteria starts to develop in it. Now, with a syringe, you can place in different chemicals extracted from many different objects to modify it. To get to it's DNA, you have to build a genome analyser machine. When you gets it DNA sequence, build a DNA splicer that will rip apart sections of DNA that you want and join it to other ones. Different types of bacteria have different effects. Some of these effects are to be able turn plants into biofuel. Of course, you should be to make a bacteria to release into the environment and kill flora and fauna. To mass produce the bacteria, make a tank. Place in chemicals and the bacteria and wait for it to grow. Depending on the type of bacteria, it will multiply. E.G, 1,2,4,8,,,,. Tanks can be infected by nearby tanks and produce dangerous products that would give Steve nausea and other nasty effects. However, all the dangers will be worth it of your bacteria turns out to be very beneficial. Suggestions for more effects are welcome! HAYO

Recipes:
    Petri dish-
    :Bronze Dust: :Rubber: :Copper Dust:
    :Copper Dust: :Copper Dust: :Copper Dust:

:Copper Dust: = Glass
    :Rubber: = Empty

Tank-
    :Refined Iron: :Rubber: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: :Rubber: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:

:Rubber: = Empty
    :Refined Iron: = Refined Iron

DNA splicer-
    :Advanced Furnace: :HV-Transformer: :Diamond Drill:
    :Iridium: :Advanced Machine: :Iridium:
    :Empty Cell: :Lava Cell: :Empty Cell:

:Advanced Furnace: =Iron furnace
    :HV-Transformer: =HV transformer
    :Iridium: =Iridium
    :Advanced Machine: =Adv machine
    :Empty Cell: =petri dish
    :Lava Cell: =re-enriched uranium cell
    :Diamond Drill: =Diamond Drill

Genome analyser-
    :Glass Fibre: :Copper Dust: :Glass Fibre:
    :Glass Fibre: :Advanced Furnace: :Glass Fibre:
    :Advanced Machine: :Empty Cell: :Advanced Machine:

:Glass Fibre: =Glass fibre cable
    :Copper Dust: =Glass
    :Advanced Furnace: =Machine block
    :Advanced Machine: =adv machine block
    :Empty Cell: =petri dish

• The tank couldn't be made with metals as it might react with the bacteria or corrode. It would have to be glass or ceramic. Preferably ceramic.

• The tank couldn't be made with metals as it might react with the bacteria or corrode. It would have to be glass or ceramic. Preferably ceramic.

I feel a shout-out to your own suggestion there...

I'm not sure of the need for this. It's a lot of code that doesn't add anything particularly interesting.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I agree with this idea but ... maybe your way of creatingbacteria could be easier ?
    For example, as I already suggest, with:
    :Matter: :Matter: :Matter:
    :Matter: -- - :Matter:
    :Matter: :Matter: :Matter:
    Moreover, I think it's unusefull having many kind of bacteria, just one, to create biofuel.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• agreed,

if i can offer you some advice, take some time. work this one out,

make some skins (provide people an glimps into it) explain all mechanics an bit more deeper. what objects? how do you extract the chemicals? etc,
    work it out, make an presentation and post that. im sure people wil like it then, its an nice subject. make something out of it!

for the current state of it all, i say MAYBE. its not NO, its not YES. it needs more work...

goodluck ;)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• By a presentation, do you mean those things made in Powerpoint and Prezi?

nooo, just make it "look nice"

some textures. wel thought out texts. etc.

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• I have the same terrible habit. When I want to show everyone my suggestion, I overthink it and give everyone crafting recipes and stuff without really explaining the benefit of my suggestion. The crafting recipes may even make sense, but it does nothing to convey your point.

What the heck is the point of making biofuel using such a complicated method when you can just use crops/trees/etc to make plantballs? I like the mad scientist aspect of playing God and engineering new bacterias, but there just isn't enough benefit there that can't be achieved through means already in the game or through the agriculture system.

• It could directly create fuel able to produce energy ? but For that, Fuel should be more efficient in the gen. Or maybe it could be a good Idea to add an "advanced generator" wich could produce more EU per fuel, and could have a creater ouput max ( maybe 30EU )
    Did anyone think as me that in IC², renewable energy are too easy to get, when using fossil energy (or renewable obtaining from plant) isn't profitable ? I think the problem is here. If Biofuel is unuseful, that's because it's much easier to produce the same amount of energy with solar pannel.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

It could directly create fuel able to produce energy ? but For that, Fuel should be more efficient in the gen. Or maybe it could be a good Idea to add an "advanced generator" wich could produce more EU per fuel, and could have a creater ouput max ( maybe 30EU )
    Did anyone think as me that in IC², renewable energy are too easy to get, when using fossil energy (or renewable obtaining from plant) isn't profitable ? I think the problem is here. If Biofuel is unuseful, that's because it's much easier to produce the same amount of energy with solar pannel.

Biofuel is only usefull for Jetpacks (if you dont want to waste Coalfuel), because Fueljetpacks are better if you want to fly high.

PS: i'm not using Jetpacks, because they are uncontrolable (sometimes)

• you know what this could expand IC2 signaficantly breeding bacteria would be EPIC and its kinda like use a block like the brewing stand but it breeds bacteria you give it certain stuff and the bacteria will mutate some will ahve benfits some could kill you. its a nice idea and i think that if you expand this idea it could come true. :D

• Uh...this seems like it could just be integrated with the nanobots (If it ever comes to be)

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• I have the same terrible habit. When I want to show everyone my suggestion, I overthink it and give everyone crafting recipes and stuff without really explaining the benefit of my suggestion. The crafting recipes may even make sense, but it does nothing to convey your point.

What the heck is the point of making biofuel using such a complicated method when you can just use crops/trees/etc to make plantballs? I like the mad scientist aspect of playing God and engineering new bacterias, but there just isn't enough benefit there that can't be achieved through means already in the game or through the agriculture system.

It can be a better ratio. Maybe 1:1. Also, you don't need tin and some EUs.

• Maybe we could add a new Alchemy system! I mean that, with bacteria, we could make potion with the same effect as the potion of Vanilla and maybe a few more but, of course, easier (I don't say cheaper). I suggest that because, with the basic potion system, people don't use potion because of the time it take do do and because of some ingredient really annoying to find (Nether warts, Spider Eyes, Gunpowder ...)
    I have no problem with the fact it's a little bit expensive, but I think it's too expensive for what we can do with :/
    Then I think: Industrial Mining, Industrial means to make you more ressources ... Why not Industrial Alchemy!
    So, let's start imagine the system for it works!
    I think it could be like that: There's something extremly long and expensive at the begining, but when you've a type of culture of bacteria, you can get a lot of potion (depending of this type) for a very few things.
    (Maybe EU for the machine that makes the bacteria multiply, EU again for the recipes because of the need of an extractor [The basic one of IC²], water and ... what do you want, I don't know what could be needed for a culture of bacteria)

So, potion and biofuel, what do you think about it ? (with better biofuel, maybe if biofuel wouldn't need cells to works in generator/canning machine)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

For Potions, Brewing and stuff... Nanotech Laboratory

• just asking. but how is the suggestion comming?

in terms, how is your upgrade to the thread coming? kinda waiting for it since i know this has real potential and dying to see how you work this out so i can add some constructive critism