2000 EU/t Reactor

• Yes you read that right.
    No its not a typo.
    It has three 0's, 2000 EU't.

Externally cooled by Ice, and the cooling circuit which does not require any finite resources does not use more energy than it creates.

Here are some screen-shots. If you want a video or more details then let me know. I think im the first to do this and I want to cling to this bit of fame.

The whole things

The reactor itself

PROOF!

Ice Feeds

Snowball generation (Left)
    Power Management (Middle)
    Ice generation (Right)

Edit: here is the inside of the reactor

• I've gone and bookmarked this thread as I might use this sort of design in my upcoming Let's Play once IC2 for MC1.2.5 is out.

• Nice work!

wait...

how much power does it consume for cooling? Propably around 300EU/t?

About 100 eu/t, I can try and get an exact reading but it will take a bit of rewiring

Okay I cannot get a stable reading, give me a bit

Right so the readings fluctuated from 100 right up to 300. But when taken from 3000 ticks the average is 266 eu/t. I can make more optimizations to the wiring though. I bet I can shave that down to 200 eu/t if someone can build a more efficient reactor. I'm very competitive like that.

• It might be possible to reduce the EU costs by using the snowballs produced from snow golems via the RP2 Block Breakers and feeding those directly to the compressors, and then from there to the buffer then to the reactor.

• Creeper/griefer breaks ice train or power to cooling system...

This'd be more impressive if you made it legitimately in singleplayer xD

Well the fact that he did it at all is impressive.
    I don't think it should be dulled down due to "Your in creative, less points for you!"
    Especially since the design seems very do able in SSP.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Well the fact that he did it at all is impressive.
    I don't think it should be dulled down due to "Your in creative, less points for you!"
    Especially since the design seems very do able in SSP.

Yupyup, it's not too ridiculous of a design to replicate "legit" just a very tedious one unless one has buildcraft and logistics pipes.
    hell, i've probably got enough resources in my single player world to do something like that. Though I only have enough uranium for one (maybe two) fillup.

would I? heck no, not that crazy in a legit world. I'll stick to mk 2's thanks.

• glad to see CASUC is not that hard for some to make.

i usualy go for the advanced machines add-on (mechanical part) to make my ice.

consumes about 150 EU.tick off the reactor, works like an charm

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• My only rule when creating things in creative is that unless REQUIRED as in low resistance is required, I will use high voltage cable over glass fiber cable.

1) I think it looks better
    2) It costs less (If you were making it)
    3) I consider it cheating in my mind using glass fiber for everything

• glad to see CASUC is not that hard for some to make.

i usualy go for the advanced machines add-on (mechanical part) to make my ice.

consumes about 150 EU.tick off the reactor, works like an charm

I have watched your videos, that seems like a lot more compact way to harvest ice.....is it more energy efficient though?

• Not bad of a build, though at peak efficiency (using glass cable and properly spacing batboxes to avoid losses) it should be using about 216 EU to power all those pumps and compressors if they don't have any over clockers.
    Not sure why people say this isn't doable in single player.. Might take a little to gather up the needed uranium but currently I could build one.

If I wanted to be cheap I could cut out the pumps and use EE and use one of the rings to produce a snow covering and block breakers to feed the snowballs into compressors (But at peak that only saves about 74 EU so no big deal when you are pumping out around 2K)

Either way good job :thumbup: :thumbup:

• I have watched your videos, that seems like a lot more compact way to harvest ice.....is it more energy efficient though?

it is, if i remember correctly (video's are made back in 1.1 or 1.0) the coolant systems would eat 68 EU/Tick,

i just love the advanced machine's add ons, gues its time for me to build an industrial monster... goal: dont let the coolants eat more then 50 eu/tick
    now THAT wil be an chalange :P

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• it is, if i remember correctly (video's are made back in 1.1 or 1.0) the coolant systems would eat 68 EU/Tick,

i just love the advanced machine's add ons, gues its time for me to build an industrial monster... goal: dont let the coolants eat more then 50 eu/tick
    now THAT wil be an chalange :P

Your on!

• hehehehehe,

run 1 compressor for 12 hours... store all the ice.

run the reactor for 3. PROFIT!

no more then 50 eu is definetly posible. if you use advanced machines. but its verry tricky to do... (wil be an nice chalange :D)

• what version of RP2/IC2 are u using? coz in my case, i can't seem to connect the pneumatic tubes to reactor chamber (using technic pack build 6.0.7) for minecraft 1.1. i can only do the 5-chamber version. is there any way to unlock the 6th chamber?

• what version of RP2/IC2 are u using? coz in my case, i can't seem to connect the pneumatic tubes to reactor chamber (using technic pack build 6.0.7) for minecraft 1.1. i can only do the 5-chamber version. is there any way to unlock the 6th chamber?

No.