Suggestion: Iridium tools and EU-limiter cable

• Official Post

Iridium Tools

All tools made of Iridium Plates (Pick, shovel, axe , sword)

These tools are NOT ELECTRICAL and last forever
    Iridium tools block breaking are slower than Diamond drill but slightly faster than Mining Drill.
    Recipes are the same as vanilla tools except for changing stick to advanced alloy (or diamond)

Sword Damage is slighly higher than diamond sword
    Same for other tools damage

EU-Limiter cable

Glass fiber cable + adv alloy + adv circuit.

This cable Limits Eu/t flow by a value determined by player (From 0 to 100000) [Gui with buttons Add 1 ,100, 1000 ,10000 and -1, -100, -1000, -10000]
    And limits energy packets. (LV/MV/HV/EV)

If Eu sent by Output block is higher than limit, MFSU outputting 512 and cable limiting up to 400 only 400 will flow through, other 112 will go other way or go back to mfsu.
    This is useful to limit energy sent to machines or mass fabricator.

If a Output block sends EU packet higher than limited (MFSU sending HV and cable limiting up to LV for example) it will act as splitter cable and NO energy will flow.
    (in this example you can connect batbox and MFSU to the same E.net cable and only batbox will be drained AND avoids Lower tier cables on other side from melting)

• Official Post

Not sure if Iridiumtools, like you suggested them, are denied.
    That Idea with the EU-Limitercable came from the Ceramicthread or?

Indestructible but slower Iridiumtools, if there is not really an industrial need for them (We have all E-Tools and Lappacks), then most likely a nope.

The EU-Limiter is a good Idea even if i'm not sure who got it first.

Edit: 10000EU per packet are ridiculous that must be a Typo.

• Official Post

not 10000 EU per packet, but per tick.

Can have multiple sources but only X will go through and only the desired voltage (LV to EV)

Indestructible iridium tools are for the Full quantum armor people (kinda 90% people wears Quantum + lappack)

• Official Post

no need for iridium swords or shears those are already on the list http://forum.industrial-craft.…hlight=bayonett#post50408

Aham, fine but iridium on mining laser will probably deal less damage than a sword.
    I didnt mention shears but that is fine. ( chainsaw work as shears so why i would need them?)

• Aham, fine but iridium on mining laser will probably deal less damage than a sword.
    I didnt mention shears but that is fine. ( chainsaw work as shears so why i would need them?)

i believe snoochy said iron sword level damage so we'll see what alblaka actually does. and didn't you just say you need iridium tools cause your not wearing a lappack for your chainsaw?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• iridium tools, hmm

thinking up an scenario here,

me : wearing full quantum + iridium sword.
    noob : what ya doing?
    me : playing iron man and slashing down ur friends.
    noob : il kill ya,
    me : you cant mahahaha

i think iridium tools wil seriously break the balance of the quantum suit, as in saying it removes the need for an lap pack and thus can be replaced with the final piece of quantum.
    kinda like an diamond + sword that doesnt break and does more damage with an full quantum suit.

and yet again, personal opinion. i like it, but balancing opinion sais no.
    sorry lad

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• No sword then?

no iridium tools at all, as i discribed above just shows one example. it would OP the whole thingy.

i like the new cable thou :) +1 for that.

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• as i said, it would OP the benefits of the quantum suit. in any situation.

if you like to go full protection, grab an diamond pic ;)

but hey! its only my personal opinion. wont break the thread just for that. maybe somebody else has some constructive crits to add?

• mining drill and an inventory of RE batteries?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• wrench, geogen, stack of lava cells. there high energy and compact

• Me too. I'm afraid of using all my energy for my Mass Fab, or wasting energy in my MFSU when my Mass Fab is not runnig.
    +1

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Make Iridium Tools the same strength and speed as Iron (Thus no obsidian), but last forever and you have semi-balance.

It would also balance with the Mining Laser+AMGIRIDIAMDAGGER combo, if Al makes it Iron strength.

To make something last forever, you have to give something up- Strength and Speed. Faster then a Mining Drill is just too OP.

Obviously, the metals would be too dense for enchants- Some magic mumbo-jumbo that IC2 Technicians don't care about.

On that note- EU Limiter Cable (or, a block just called 'EU Manager') is a nice idea. Maybe have it manage both packet sizes (thus, if made expensive enough, can work as any kind of transformer, even EV->LV, or LV->EV), and manage the amount of EU allowed through it.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

Work as any kind of transformer is great. it would allow ALL EU/t go through but transformed into packages of determined voltage.
    For example there are 10 mfsu sending energy to overclocked machinery and you want LV voltage to go through cable on other side.
    So all 10 packets of 512 from MFSUs gets transformed into 160 32 EU packets and sent to the other side.

This would be good to link tons of low voltage generators (Solar/wind) and upconvert ALL energy into HV or EV packets [Or even a new Voltage?]
    And make a big link of them Without limiting Eu/t flow (as normal transformers does) [LV limits to 128, MV limits to 512 and HV to 2048]

I Want a Non-electric, permanent tool for IC² , strength of Diamond tools, and not (maybe) enchantable. [This would make enchanters happy :D]