[Suggestion] Superconductive Cables / Adaptive Armor

• Hi, i have several suggestions. My english is not the best, i hope you can understand everything.
    Some of the following has been said in different thread in a different way, or in a differenct context, i hope its not a big problem.
    And i want to say, i do not like tiered stuff in games like this, i like different choices, so i tried to came up with alternatives to already existing stuff that i consider as "too good" (too good, as in: no alternatives possible).

Cable Rebalancing:

Ok, im fine with the way copper, gold and hv cables work, but fiberoptics are not balanced and do not really make any sense. Fiberoptic Cabling is used for information transport not energy. (I know, its a game and all that...)
    In my worlds i only use copper and fiberoptics, gold and hv very rarely and over very short distances.
    The following could promote the use of gold and hv cables:

What i suggest is to change the fiberoptics to two kinds of superconducting cables, both have 0 electrical resistance but need some kind of cooling.
    Type 1 superconductive cabling needs liquid helium to stay below the necessary temperature. The Type 1 cabling can be build like any other cable.
    Type 2 superconductive cabling needs liquid nitrogen. Type 2 cabling can only be used in a straight line (Type 2 superconducters are ceramics that cannot be used that easily).

Both cablings can transport 2048 EU/s. Without proper cooling they fall back to 8 EU/s and theres a chance that a part of the cable gets destroyed (and spawns fire).

To produce both liquid helium and liquid nitrogen a special machine would be necessary, this machine gets attached to a cable and cools any attached cable, as long as it has enough He or N.
    Nitrogen could be produced by the same machine, it simply pulls the Nitrogen out of the air, and cools it down using EU (from the superconductive cable or another source).
    Helium could be produced by the miner (maybe in combination with the pump) whenever certain rare ores are mined (diamond, uranium, gold).

And to save all that energy, there could be a special superconductive storage unit, that has a lower capacity than the MFSU but accepts (and outputs) 2048 EU/s.

The cooling machine could support Buildcraft liquid transport pipes, and maybe even cool Combustion Engines (maybe only liquid N, liquid HE is very cold...).

And that new cooling technology could be used for other stuff, freeze guns, the abillity to instantly solidify construction foam, produce ice, another way to produce cooling cells, a fridge for your beer. Maybe something for Nuclear Reactors, but i like how they work, so no idea in this regard.

Adaptive Armor:

Quantum Armor is very useful and strong, but i would like to see a change to it.
    The Adaptive Armor can be upgraded with upgrades (similiar to the existing upgrades). Each Upgrade gives the Armor a certain stat boost, or a special ability, but you can't use all of them at the same time (limited Slots, maybe restrict the upgrade switching to a machine). It is an technological version of the enchanting system (for Armor).

Examples:

All:
    -more defense
    -Ablative Armoring, stronger armor upgrade, cannot be removed and will be destroyed after a certain amount of damage
    -higher energy capacity
    -small amount of inventory slots
    -interphase generator (needs one in each armor part) allows you to move through solid blocks but locks you at your current height, drains energy quickly
    -mobile forcefield generator, blocks enemies from getting close, more upgrades->more range
    Head:
    -extended breathing
    -cures debuffs (poison,...)
    -scanner plugin, works like the existing ov scanner in a 5x5x5 area in the direction you are looking
    -Mob scanner, highlights certain mobs in you field of view (is that possible?)
    -Voice Modulator, allows you to stun a mob by shouting (looking) at them.
    -solar module
    Body:
    -Damage reflection chance
    -explosion resistance
    -projetile resistance
    -helium collector, collects helium while mining the conventional way (needs cells)
    -farming plugin, 3 inventory slots for Fertilizer/Hydration Cell/Weed-Exe, uses them automatically.
    -Fire Resistance
    -integrated electric jetpack
    -integrated coffee heater
    Legs:
    -faster movement
    -faster sprinting
    -higher jumping
    -faster swimming
    Shoes:
    -Less Fall Damage
    -freezing water on contact (waterwalking)
    -solidify lava on contact
    -tilling plugin, tills dirt
    -static boots upgrade

Thanks for your time, i really like this mod. :)

• No to both ideas.

Quantum Armor its the best of the best and will NOT receive any kind of upgrade, in Al words if you want something better than quantum then go play in creative mode.

Cable rebalancing? What for? They are fine as it is, and yes we all frigging know fiberoptics are for information not energy, but heck this is minecraft so logic can be twisted to our taste (Otherwise steve could not carry 100x times his own weight on stone blocks and similar.)

• Official Post

No to both ideas.

Quantum Armor its the best of the best and will NOT receive any kind of upgrade, in Al words if you want something better than quantum then go play in creative mode.

Cable rebalancing? What for? They are fine as it is, and yes we all frigging know fiberoptics are for information not energy, but heck this is minecraft so logic can be twisted to our taste (Otherwise steve could not carry 100x times his own weight on stone blocks and similar.)

He dont want something better as the QSuit, he want a restructuration of the QSuit to slowly upgrade a Lowtechsuit into a hightech (QSuit-level) Suit.

• I agree with you on certain point.
    But I already suggest it (not the adaptative armor, but I disagree with ^^) and it was denied.
    End of the talk.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• lol.
    If you thought include all what I said in IC² was unbalanced, you could have take what you want in ;)
    But NP.

Collecting Liquid Helium when mining rare ore ? Why ? What reasons for ? And what's interesting with producing Liquid Nitrogen in order to lose less EU if it cost you EU to produce it ?
    I think it's a lot of lines of code ... why not a more expensive craft for supraconductor but wich make its definitely works ?
    But that could be a usage for Ceramics :)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

glass fiber cable is not the same as fiber optic. fiber optic is a mirror encased transparent filament for transmitting optical signals. glass fiber cable is the best conductors known to minecraft (redstone or silver) encased in diamond and magic for transmitting electricity

alblaka said no to armor buffs already

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• cant wrap my finger around it.. but the above posts explains alot.

im neutral on this.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• He dont want something better as the QSuit, he want a restructuration of the QSuit to slowly upgrade a Lowtechsuit into a hightech (QSuit-level) Suit.

Exactly. Qsuit needs to be made WAAAY more expensive. It's too cheap ATM. And too OP, once you get one and fully charge it, you are invincible forever.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Exactly. Qsuit needs to be made WAAAY more expensive. It's too cheap ATM. And too OP, once you get one and fully charge it, you are invincible forever.

and OP is the way it should be. whats the number people have been throwing around for a qsuit speed run 20 hours? if you ask me if it takes you less than a week to play that much minecraft you deserve to be tortured by the guilt of what ever exploits and plot holes you discover along the way.

and another thing there is no law that says every thing must be balanced this isn't a game of checkers this is a tech mod in an open ended sand box some time technology is developed that is just plain overwhelmingly superior (inter-planetary warships, mobile suits, gundams, nukes, repeating firearms)

and finally don't get your hopes up that qsuits will get nerfed ever the devs plan to make an addon for pvp that adds weapons that make qsuits easier to kill and thats it. no cost increase, no shortend battery life, no reduction in protection so just deal with it :evil::P

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• It shoul be OP? Is that a fact? Why? Sounds more like an opinion. An opinion without a valid explanation.

My suggestion wasn´t about buffing or nerfing the armor. I don't like simple upgrades, i wanted to suggest a choice, something different.
    This was no simple "make it better" or "make it weaker" or "make it realistic" suggestion, it was a "give me a choice"-suggestion (both of them).

And I don't really care if the devs decide to include parts of my suggestion into their mod, but i do care about being misunderstood.

About the whole, "its a game, it shouldn't be realistic" stuff...
    I use reality as a source of inspiration. More realistic technology helps with my suspension of disbelief.

• I think the basic concept of the adaptive armor is actually nice. It doesn't have to be more powerful than the Q Suit to be implemented.

Or what about, you can only put "one" upgrade per piece, but you can actually choose which boost goes to which piece, and having more different choices for selection.

I also like that could be a "technological version of the enchanting version", i.e how about having enchantements working through an industrial system?

• Official Post

My suggestion wasn´t about buffing or nerfing the armor. I don't like simple upgrades, i wanted to suggest a choice, something different.
    This was no simple "make it better" or "make it weaker" or "make it realistic" suggestion, it was a "give me a choice"-suggestion.

Wow, i'm the only one who understood that from beginning. And i find things like that very good. (still +1)

• It shoul be OP? Is that a fact? Why? Sounds more like an opinion. An opinion without a valid explanation.

i wasn't directing that comment at you the other guy was floating around the forum shouting "QSUIT OP!" i was simply countering his claims

This was no simple "make it better" or "make it weaker" or "make it realistic" suggestion, it was a "give me a choice"-suggestion (both of them).

perhaps i didn't give your suggestion enough thought so you basically want a configurable suit? like how vanilla armor is configurable with enchantments?