Who need a full hunger bar when you have morphine ?

• Hello everyone !

this is my first post (and my first suggestion)

my idea was to make a new machine block , some new items and a new plant.

first , the plant. a new flower : the garden poppy.

the garden poppy's seed are used in real life to make .... morphine !

the garden poppy is a mid-tier plant. i don't know exactly how it's suppose to look like , google just give me a lot of different colored plant.

the plant should be found VERY rarely in plains or could be make by breeding rose and another plant (?)

since it's a poppy , i think it should be very weak.

once you have the seeds you need to put them in a macerator. it will become a sort of powder (wikipedia tell me it's a sort of salt )

the powder then need to be placed in an extractor , to be purified (i'm not really sure about it)

then you can craft some morphine !

the morphine is useless like this. (except for a compact storage of course) for it to work , you need to craft a needle !

the needle is not stackable (or stackable in a fairly low number , like 2 or 4 ? ). right click with it give you the nausea effect for about 5 sec and a fast regeneration.

i had an idea for a machine block too : the Healer !

right click with a wrench in your hand open a really easy GUI :

Only needle can be placed inside the healer.

right click with everything else will trigger an animation and will instantly heal you (without the regeneration buff and the nausea debuff)

activate it take 10 Eu (not a lot , i agree. but it only need to plant an iron stick inside you)

note that the red and green glowing LED are showing the needle left.

well , hope you'll like this suggestion ! (BTW , if you think something is overpowered or too expensive OR if you have another idea , tell me , i'd like to have some feedback !)

• Official Post

You worked out your Suggestion (you are one of the rare kind of firstposters here), thats good but healing is not really needed in IC². We already have the Quantumsuithelmet, that fills the hungerbar and canned Food heals one Heart and one Hunger on usage. And if we really need regeneration then we can craft golden Apples for that, because the ingredients for that are really common (at least in my Storage).

The plant should be found VERY rarely in plains or could be make by brewing (really?!?! not breeding?) rose and another plant

A horrible mistake, i definetly need the Grammarhammer for that word.

• thank you for the feedback ! the mistake is fixed , didn't pay attention.

i understand what you mean , but i don't think you start with a quantum suit ? i mean , like the canned food , you don't need it when you have the quantum suit and stuff.

the idea is supposed to be a mid-tier item , not a high tier item.

hope you liked the idea , through.

• first coffee then then booze now morphine? what is this drugcraft!?/jk

+1 for presentation i'm still pondering the rest

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Well , i think we need an item that restore health , and since it's a futuristic mod , i think medical thingy are the best way to restore it.

BTW do you have any idea how to make the healer , guys ?

• Official Post

Well , i think we need an item that restore health , and since it's a futuristic mod , i think medical thingy are the best way to restore it.

BTW do you have any idea how to make the healer , guys ?

It is not futuristic... it is modern age :D

And for healer i'd like nanotech :D take a look into link below...

• I don't really think we have somes teleporter and nanosuits :p

btw i like your suggestion , but i don't think it fit with mine.

• I support this idea and really any other drug in general. I think that IndustrialCraft2 has overlooked the medical aspects of industry, all of the advancements in medicine are not present in game. Simple things such as my bandages idea or inject-able potions have gone unimplemented

if Al or the team have the time, I think they should make a new, pimped out brewing system.

• i read all this last afternoon but i could not get my finger around it. its + and - are however now clear to me.

the +.

can word as an emergency healing boost, provided in all sticky situations. i like that

the -
    i dont see any, only an personal opinion that its not realy needed in general, however its entirely optional to use.

and finaly, an thumbs up for the presentation, especially for an first poster :)
    final verdict +0,5 for me, since i see one plus and one -

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Well thank !

morphine have nothing with health restoration...

I agree with that , but the only thing that really help with health
    restoration IRL is time and some stuff (don't know the english word for
    it.)

The morphine is just an idea , it's not meant to work exactly like morphine.

i understand that you might not like the regeneration buff. maybe some sort of random (like 2 or 3 ) buff and one debuff for every morphine needle ?

• Well first it was supposed to be a sort of stimpack , but half of the person think it's useless. so maybe we could put a system that put some buff and one debuff

(ex : Poison 30 sec
    Strenght III 1m30
    Swiftness III 1m30 )

• instantly reminds me of good ol' Starcraft's stimpacks

Marine using a stimpack "*tcht* oh yeah~~"

• instant health restore + major side effects, higher tier stimpacks have less side effects.

like instant health 20 + weakness 20 + slow 20 + blindness 20 + mostly everything else negative

with refine process player able to decrease side effects

• instant health restore + major side effects, higher tier stimpacks have less side effects.

like instant health 20 + weakness 20 + slow 20 + blindness 20 + mostly everything else negative

with refine process player able to decrease side effects

way to useless at start. i think 2 random debuff and instant health + one random buff is good.