Suggestion: Metamorphical Tool

• Official Post

It is a tool that works for anything, at the cost for more energy between each mode change (automatically drained).

While hitting Pickaxe\Shovel blocks it will transform into a Drill and drain [1] EU to change shape. [2]
    While hitting Wooden blocks\leaves and rightclicking a sheep it will transform into a chainsaw and drain [1] EU to change shape [3]
    While hitting entities and blocks that breaks faster with sword (except leaves) it will transform into a sword and drain [1] EU to change shape [4]

Rightclicking any machine will make it transform into a wrench and drain [1] EU to change shape. [5]
    Rightclicking dirt/grass will make it transform into a hoe and drain [1] EU to change shape [6]
    Rightclicking a Rubber wood will make it transform into a treetap and drain [1] EU to change shape. [7]
    Rightclicking a cable will make it transform into a Eu-reader and drain [1] EU to change shape (optional)

Metamorphical tool will drain energy from lappack or lapotron crystal [at half efficiency] in HOTBAR.

[1]: 1000 or more.
    [2]: Eu drained per block can be the same (or more) than diamond drill.
    [3] Eu drained per block can be the same (or more) than chainsaw.
    [4] Nano saber drains X energy per Y time, Sword would drain X energy per attack.
    [5] Eu drained per wrench use is the same as Lossless wrench mode and it will have 100% chance success.
    [6] Eu drained per use is the same (or higher) than electric wrench.[7] Eu drained per use is the same (or higher) than electric treetap.

• Official Post

Wouldn't that remove the use of a Toolbox or whatever that unused item is? And i'm sure that that kind of Universaltool was denied.

Tool box doesnt help much as it takes (some) time to switch between (mining to agriculture) tools for your needs.

• +1
    we have the technology to turn energy into matter and to take matter apart and put it back together so why not?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

+1
    we have the technology to turn energy into matter and to take matter apart and put it back together so why not?

Ahhh!, you suggest EE-Transmutation-Mechanics for an IC²-Tool!!! :cursing:

No!, we don't need an Universal-Tool, its just too Overpowered for IC² (like QSuit/Lappack/Jetpack-combination), and if the Toolbox would work (in a way that is more intelligent) then we are all able to use that instead of an Metamorphic-Super-Universal-Tool.

What comes next: Nuke+Mininglaser???

• Ahhh!, you suggest EE-Transmutation-Mechanics for an IC²-Tool!!! :cursing:

No!, we don't need an Universal-Tool, its just too Overpowered for IC² (like QSuit/Lappack/Jetpack-combination), and if the Toolbox would work (in a way that is more intelligent) then we are all able to use that instead of an Metamorphic-Super-Universal-Tool.

What comes next: Nuke+Mininglaser???

dude :Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Intergrated Heat Dispenser: i wasn't saying that is how it would work i was saying it would fit with ic's higher technology you have to remember EE(which is not cheating :P ) is a 100% efficient 1for1 exchange of matter and energy this is not it would be like a mass fab on a stick spitting out disposable toolheads the energy you put in would not equal the energy you get out. maybe we don't need a universal tool but only a nerf happy masochist wouldn't want one on the inside. so i say if people want universal tools that don't help them kill things i say do it but make them pay for it(possibly through the nose they will be happy either way)

as for the mining-nuke-LAZOR! i have this to say "TO THE SUGGESTION SUB-FORUM! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!"*smashes face into the door on the way out*

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Given that the drill is already a shovel/pickaxe combo, and the chainsaw is both an axe AND a silly-stupid powerful sword equivilant, I'm not sure there really IS a need for additional combi-tools. Given that some (like the EU meter and the hoe) are tools for use in specific circumstances, you'd be better off stashing those in chests close to where you use them, thus not clutting inventory space.

If there are any more tools added, I'd wager that they'll have specific functions, and wouldn't benefit from being combined with anything else that currently exists. Either that, or it'll be a machine block, which really isn't portable in the truest sense of the word.

The closest I'd like to a combi-tool is combining the wrenches from IC2 and BC, then adding the functionality of the RP2 screwdriver. Alas, such cross-mod compatability is but a (waterproof/redstone/mag) pipe-dream.

GENERATION SIGMA-A44: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 4(N+3/2 - X) to the generation.

Anti-Social experiment.

• Official Post

like the EU meter and the hoe

Thats a cool Toolcombo: EU-Reader+Hoe. They are not even compareable, and used in two completely diffrent Places perfect for a Multiusetool. Now we need OV-Scanner+DDrill and Nanosaber+Chainsaw to give passinglurker some Ideas for ridiculous Suggestions like the Nukelazor or the Lazornuke or however he calls that. [/Joke]

The closest I'd like to a combi-tool is combining the wrenches from IC2 and BC, then adding the functionality of the RP2 screwdriver.

Good but it needs two additional Modes
    1. Randomrotation (like BC-Wrench/RP-Screwdriver)
    2. Directed rotation (like IC²-Wrench)

• Too magical for an industrial mod.

EE is the only thing that even gets close to this, with the Morning Star (Pickaxe+Hammer+Shovel) and Katar (Axe+Sword+Hoe+Shears).

TC2 kind of has something similar to it, with the most recent release. (Pickaxe+Shovel and Sword+Axe.)

In other words: Sounds like a lot of code for people to be lazy.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Too magical for an industrial mod..

what is magic but poorly studied SCIENCE! don't mind me I've just always wanted to say that

• OMG FORCEFIELDS! its perfect instead of robo-rearranging or mass-fabing a cheap tool head just project a force-field in the shape of the desired tool head! consumes eu when on like a nano saber and cycles through a set of tools so its a different one each time you turn it on, but that would be the price to pay for saving your inventory space

• You all people have a warped sense of whats OP and Balance. It disgust me.

First of all, grammar please. Second of all, this bloody thing costs a hell lot of iridium for a magical toolbox kit. I'm not sure if getting suck an item would be worth it.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!