Suggestion: Rollerblades

• I was thinking about rollerblades. They would be crafted like:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Jetpack: :Intergrated Plating:

:Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:

:Intergrated Plating: = Nothing, :Jetpack: = Boots (Except quantum)

The rollerblades would be equipped like normal shoes, but once equipped, you will move at 1/4 of walking speed. If you hold down forward, you will slowly speed up to that of quantum boots pants. It would take about 5 seconds to speed up to top speed, and 3 seconds to slow down. If you double tap forward, you lock in, and keep going forward. If you try to turn, only your camera will move, and to turn, you need to strafe. Turn speed depends on how fast you're going.

The durability depends on what boots you use. The protect you however much the boots would normally, and the rubber boots would negate fall damage. If you crash into a wall, you sustain damage based on the speed. It also has a chance to break off the wheels, leaving you with normal boots.

The rollerblades, using refined iron wheel technology, can work on ice and ground.

The advantages over q-boots:
    Don't need charging
    Great for long, straight distances
    Cheap

Disadvantages:
    Sluggish speed at first
    Difficult turning at speed
    Chance of breaking
    Has to be on flat land

Why?
    It's great for traveling a long distance, like on a walkway. It would allow you to move efficiently along large distances, which could be especially useful for smp, where you might do lots of traveling between bases, where it would be easier to lock in your rollerblades than hold control for 10 minutes. They definitely aren't nearly as useful as q-boots, but provide a nice middle ground.

• Then you hit a three foot high wall (IE: Everywhere) and break your unbending knees.

Then you cannot walk at all.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Lol

quantum boot speed is a little too fast for skates...perhaps half of that?

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• Why are you all thinking that Quantumboots are Speedboosters??? They are Falldamageabsorbers.

THE QUANTUMLEGGINS ARE DOING THAT!

*facepalms*

Keep switching them around :P

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• would be interesting if it treated some surfaces like amplified ice and others like soul sand
    i'm -1 at the moment but i'm interested in fleshing out the idea

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• So basically... you want to play Tribes Ascend without playing Tribes Ascend ?

I would be for this, if it wasn't for the overly apparent fact that Minecraft is a blocky world. Which, unfortunately, defeats the point of skiing sadly...

but you still Gotta Go Fast either way, lol...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• meh, personal opinion. no.

im sorry, maybe someone else has an better reply. but as far as i am concerned. no

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• would be interesting if it treated some surfaces like amplified ice and others like soul sand
    i'm -1 at the moment but i'm interested in fleshing out the idea

That's kinda the idea. Some stuff will make you go slow, and some will make you go fast. So you would go normal on stone, slow on dirt, and fast on ice(?)

• That's kinda the idea. Some stuff will make you go slow, and some will make you go fast. So you would go normal on stone, slow on dirt, and fast on ice(?)

Exept for the ice there should be a chance that you fall through while crossing...