Suggestion: Eliminate single-use recipes for the Compressor

• I've gathered that we don't like having recipes with exactly one purpose. Especially when it's an intermediate step, not even an end product.

Suggestion:
    We ought to remove several items: Metal Block, Plantclump, Coal Ball, Coal Chunk.

Instead of crafting these items on a table, then placing them in the Compressor, we could give the machine a crafting grid. It would either appear by default or, to keep the appearance simple, there could be an "expand view" button (or somesuch) to make the grid appear. The items would be placed in the compression grid exactly as through crafting them on a table, except that they would be immediately compressed.

Benefit:
    By this method, making biofuel cells or compressing diamonds would be a bit less tedious. Additionally, we would clear out a little clutter involved in having multiple single-purpose items.

• there is an unlimited number if item ID's and that rule only applies to stuff that isn't implemented yet to get people to put more thought into what they post. also considering its diamonds we are talking about its kinda supposed to be tedious

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Clutter is clutter, even with infinite space. I understand wanting people to work for their diamonds, but more work isn't automatically "more rewarding". I do wonder if this would be troublesome to code though, what with saplings making 2 plantclumps and much the same situation for metal blocks. If it's more trouble than it's worth... oh well. Only a suggestion.

• Then the only thing a Compressor would be good for is for Nuclear production... in which case, makes the machine even more obsolete due to the sheer fact that the only true reason to have one is for the items mentioned...

And the crafting limitation has more to do with how Minecraft handles Many -> One, Item relationships. That limitation really can't be bypassed unless Alba desires to recreate a new version of the Alloy Furnace...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Then the only thing a Compressor would be good for is for Nuclear production... in which case, makes the machine even more obsolete due to the sheer fact that the only true reason to have one is for the items mentioned...

And the crafting limitation has more to do with how Minecraft handles Many -> One, Item relationships. That limitation really can't be bypassed unless Alba desires to recreate a new version of the Alloy Furnace...

Al just need to make his own crafting machine, to give him more liberty with IC2 Own recipes.

Buildcraft have the Laser Table
    Redpower have the Alloy Furnace
    BTW have the anvil
    Thaumcraft got the Infuser

• Al just need to make his own crafting machine, to give him more liberty with IC2 Own recipes.

Buildcraft have the Laser Table
    Redpower have the Alloy Furnace
    BTW have the anvil
    Thaumcraft got the Infuser

Railcraft and the Rolling Machine.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• That one doesn't really offer anything new, just a copy pasta of the Crafting table to limit certain recipes.

It gave CJ 'more liberty with Railcraft's own recipies', did it not?

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• It gave CJ 'more liberty with Railcraft's own recipies', did it not?

I question the necessity of that liberty, its more of a annoyance than anything else.

At least thaum needs vis to work and only one of each material to work, Build needs MJ and its a shapeless craft as long as the materials are inside and the component is selected, Redpower needs either burnable materials or Bluetricity to work and can work items in a stack instead of 1 item per slot,can't say much of the anvil aside from the 4x4 craftgrid.

Railcraft its like i said, a copy pasta of the Crafting table without anything new besides limiting what you can make in it.

• Official Post

Railcraft and the Rolling Machine.

And EE got a Cheatingtable that you even can take with you.

The Compressor is used more than you think, there are many recipes for it (more as for the Extractor), you really want to remove them? NO!

The only thing that is strange are the Carbonfibres which are crafted out of 4 Coaldust and then two of them crafted together giving an Carbonmesh, Y U NO one Recipe, it's only 8 Coaldust!

• And EE got a Cheatingtable that you even can take with you.

...Dude, really?

If it's not the mod for you, shut the fuck up about it and never mention it again.