[Suggestion] Hot Pants [Halfjoke]

• [Begin Halfjoke]
    [Begin Salespitch]

Have you ever been mining, and suddenly just fallen into lava, and BOOM! There goes your lapis? Then the revolutionary new HOTPANTS are for you! These high quality rubber and carbon sythetic pants protect you completely from fire and lava*! HAYO!
    *note that long term exposure to heat may melt the pants, causing a major loss of heat protection.
    And YES! These are even better than those wussy fire resistance potions! How do you know that that weak "Magic" stuff is going to last? Open your inventory You don't! These are a reliable*, sexy*, dependable* AND long lasting solution*!
    * Has not been proven
    Here's how to make your own*!
    :Refined Iron: :Bronze Leggings: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: :Rubber: :Refined Iron:
    :Rubber Boots: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Rubber Boots:
    *note that any homemade versions do not pass quality inspection, and may be subject to melting when near extreme heat.

[End Salespitch]

Yes, this is a half joke, but if the idea is popular, I guess that's a good thing. These pants would be worn like normal pants, but not provide any protection. When you are on fire, or in lava, however, these would absorb ALL damage from the lava/fire, and take it directly to the armour durability. These, to prevent being overpowered, would only last maybe a minute in lava, and five minutes on fire.
    [End Halfjoke}

Thought of Alternate recipe:
    :Iridium: :Bronze Leggings: :Iridium:
    :Iridium: :Rubber: :Iridium:
    :Rubber Boots: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Rubber Boots:

Where :Iridium: is raw carbon mesh.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Official Post

First i thought, while reading only the Topic was:

Steve wearing hotpants would only make sense if he is female (or gay).

but then i read it and think that its a good Idea to make a Lavaproof Armor that not runs on EU.

+1, i need a few bad suggestions to balance that "+1"-flow out.

• Lol. I meant heat-proof pants

Haikus are poems

Potato

• This actually seems quite nice, although overpowered at least for me as pretty much the only thing I ever die to is lava. Recipe looks reasonable and sensible. I like it.
    +1

• I can confirm what serba said hazard suit is already in the pipeline total protection from the environmental hazards not so much from mobs

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Enviromental hazards:

Falling

Lava

Drowning

Thats about it discluding radiation due to the fact its not technicly enviromental. Seems like a waste to have a suit that only does 3 things...add ALL the threats :D

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• don't forget exposed wiring (its a rubber suit) and might do meltdown heat and other harm zones as well

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• This actually seems quite nice, although overpowered at least for me as pretty much the only thing I ever die to is lava. Recipe looks reasonable and sensible. I like it.
    +1

This wouldn't be overpowered, because it would only last long enough to save you from one or two lava baths, and would take up your leg armor spot. (Of course, when you get the Q suit, this becomes useless.)

Haikus are poems

Potato

• ...theres a thing...called post edit!

Anyway nice lower teir solution for lava.

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• At the bottom of your post there should be 2 buttons.

Edit and Quote

The fact that you posted a quote means you know where Im talking about and that this post may be silly :|

• double posts are mostly frowned upon cause of potential bump abuse but thats a whole unwritten rule of the internet thing

• I really like this idea. The rubber scares me though. My first thought was of the pictures in my friend's fire science textbook. Rubber and synthetics near skin don't do well with heat. Leather is better protection against fire and heat, because it's not a sticky hot mess.

I also like the limited uses. I kinda like the limit being one use though. You touh fire or lava or whatever and then the item breaks after x number of seconds. Preferably with the tool breaking sound so you know its happened. Of course anything is programmable, but since I don't program I don't know how feasible it is to add a triggered time delayed item decay like that. Would be very cool though.