[Suggestion] Configurable Miner INGAME

• Official Post

Besides a miner can mine fudging everything, im surprised we can't configure it ingame.

FenixR gave me that good Idea

Why not the possibility to tell the Miner what it has to Mine?

I'll paint a GUI for that: (FenixR told me that i have to add Upgradeslots :Tesla Coil: for the Miner or he would sue me)
    This :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: is the place for a Statustext, which shows what the Miner actually doing (i.e. mining Stone or mining Ironore)

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Teleporter:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Mining Drill: :Empty Cell: :OD Scanner: :Intergrated Plating: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine: :Tesla Coil:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine: :Tesla Coil:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :RE Battery: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine: :Tesla Coil:
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Plating: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine: :Tesla Coil:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:

You see on the Right side 12 Slots for Stuff that should be mined, for example:

put Diamonds in then only Diamondore
    Copperingot/Block/ore = Copperore
    Redstonedust = Redstoneore
    Lavacell/bucket/source = Lavapumping

if you leave all 12 Slots empty then it will use the Defaultconfiguration (in the IC²-Config)
    You can also invert that principe by using the Button :Teleporter: for excluding the Materials of the List instead of including.

This way you can pump Lava without changing the Config (Serverside nearby impossible)
    And as additional Tweak, make that Pump next to Geogen work with Lava, like Pump next to Compressor with Water.

The Upgradeslots:
    These Slots are for new Minerupgrades, which are:
    Overclocker for faster mining
    Batterie for more Energystorage
    Transformer for transforming higher EU (nothing really new)
    Additional OD/OV-Scanner for increased Range (max four of them because they are not stackable) OD Scanner makes +1 Range, OV-Scanner +2. These Scanners would drain additional EU.

And again a good Idea i got from our certified Asshole(TM).

Our Nerfkiller said that the Miner should be aimed horizontal, let's see what Alblaka thinks about that.

• I'm gonna sue you for stealing my idea, expect my lawyers someday this week. /totallyseriousmaybewhofudgingknowsimusuallymentallyunstable

While you are at it, suggest Upgrade slots to increase range, energy comsumption for faster work, and some other random shenanigans you may imagine.

• being able to aim the miner horizontally would be nice

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• as fenixr puts it its not griefing its pvp. other auto miners already do it (thaumcraft), you can already do this from above cause the best secret bases are under ground near bedrock

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I think examples what to leave would be better:
    You place basalt, dirt, stone and other things, you do not need - all mods ores would be digged.
    Never dig chest, machines, signs and other entities.
    And do not forget status like "digging down", "digging Iron ore", "wait for pump" etc.

• i like the idea of an in game GUI for the minder, adding one specific ore and it wil target that ore.
    leaving no ore inside, uses the default in the config.

seems verry nice, and posible to do codewise throu forge hooks (for example. copper ingot wil target ALL copper ores listed in the forge dictionary)

simple, posible. good!

+2

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Official Post

I think examples what to leave would be better:
    You place basalt, dirt, stone and other things, you do not need - all mods ores would be digged.
    Never dig chest, machines, signs and other entities.
    And do not forget status like "digging down", "digging Iron ore", "wait for pump" etc.

All good inclusions, i need to add that.

And wow i got a +2 for something stolen from FenixR.

• You cant be 2 people!!!

Also maybe the scanners should be a extra item upgrade like the overclocker.

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5