[Suggestion/Discoussion] More compatiblity for BC

• Official Post

1. Eloraam you forgot something.
    2. Only applies to BC-Blocks so without BC you will not need them, also they are not SMP-Compatible
    3. Logistic Pipes? Then whatfor is my Projecttable good?
    4. Quarry? QUARRY??? This thing is Shit! Look at my Redpower-8x8-Tunnelboringmachine at Bedrock and say it's not better than that
    5. Yes Tubes are better and bugfree-er.
    6. True, Electricity and Blutricity are better than BC-Pressure.
    7. You mean the Builder? I already have Turtles for that.
    8. What did you say?

• -What addons?

Logistic Pipes and Forestry.

...I like the tanks more than RP2's and how BC handles liquids in general but that's just my opinion.

So you like how 8 m3 of liquid stored in 1 m3 tank? Like 27*64 m3 of cobble in 1 m3 of chest. So minecraflish :D

1. Eloraam did not made it auto;
    2. IC2 blocks too and chests;
    3. Foprestry is great too;
    4. can you show it better?;
    7. Builder in point 4. Just cannot remember all.
    8. Why you number it? It is not in the list.[/quote]

• Forestry its NOT an addon. To qualify as a Addon it would need to "Depend" on a father mod of sorts (Like how advanced machines can NOT work without IC2). Forestry its a Mod of its own that doesn't need Buildcraft to do anything (Although its quite recommended to be installed too).

Besides i remember reading that eloraam was planing a AutoCrafter after she releases the computer blocks and she just did. (Theres also that "RedPrint" that im not quite sure what its going to be used for)

For the other "Additional Pipes" addons, apart from the teleport pipes and anything liquid and power related, Redpower Tubes can do many of those and you don't need to craft a different type of pipes, and hey the pipe system just keeps getting bigger and bigger with more machines that provides a lot of good uses.

• Yeah i want to use ic+bc+rp. but they don't work together so i use only ic+rp. but all the mods and more together worked in the tekkit mod-pack
    *EDIT*
    oh wait maybe it's just me incapable of installing mods correctly. are the three mods compatible ?

• Yeah i want to use ic+bc+rp. but they don't work together so i use only ic+rp. but all the mods and more together worked in the tekkit mod-pack
    *EDIT*
    oh wait maybe it's just me incapable of installing mods correctly. are the three mods compatible ?

Learn to Block Id Change properly. Yes they work fine together, just some ID conflicts here and there for RP and BC. Look at the config files (And ffs don't use notepad for the Redpower config, use wordpad or something better).

• Official Post

1. Eloraam did not made it auto;
    2. IC2 blocks too and chests;
    3. Foprestry is great too;
    4. can you show it better?;
    7. Builder in point 4. Just cannot remember all.
    8. Why you number it? It is not in the list.

1. I said, she forgot to release it together with pr5a.
    2. IC² can do it standalone, try the Redstonebehaviour of Energystorageblocks.
    3. Great, but i don't autofarm this way.
    4. Go to the Offtopicsection there i have shown the constructionprocess of the Machine.
    7. Computercraft is another Mod that adds programmable Robots (called Turtle)
    8. because of better overview.

Edit:

Quote from FenixR

Learn to Block Id Change properly. Yes they work fine together, just some ID conflicts here and there for RP and BC. Look at the config files (And ffs don't use notepad for the Redpower config, use wordpad or something better).

I make it with Default-Notepad and have NO PROBLEMS (except the layout)

• 1. I said, she forgot to release it together with pr5a.
    2. IC² can do it standalone, try the Redstonebehaviour of Energystorageblocks.
    3. Great, but i don't autofarm this way.
    4. Go to the Offtopicsection there i have shown the constructionprocess of the Machine.
    7. Computercraft is another Mod that adds programmable Robots (called Turtle)
    8. because of better overview.

1. Let see when she release it;
    2. "Redstonebehaviour of Energystorageblocks" is bad :( it works probably, just bad;
    3. autofarm is so BuildCraftish, new materials are good. Especially Bees;
    4. where is it %) ? ;
    7. ComputerCraft has it's own problems: Trying not to be overpowered it chooses to be blind :( (hope RP2 comp show itself good) ;
    8. and you loose here ;)

• Official Post

1. Let see when she release it;
    2. "Redstonebehaviour of Energystorageblocks" is bad :( it works probably, just bad;
    3. autofarm is so BuildCraftish, new materials are good. Especially Bees;
    4. where is it %) ? ;
    7. ComputerCraft has it's own problems: Trying not to be overpowered it chooses to be blind :( (hope RP2 comp show itself good) ;
    8. and you loose here ;)

2. It works great for me.
    4. OffTopic-section actually first Thread.
    7. Uuuhm, what???

• Yet again a small reminder why BC + addons is still more convenient for some purposes and therefore not becoming useless (and I'm not talkin about the overpowered teleport pipe which I don't use):

BC + Logistic Pipes --> Crafting Pipes @ Auto-Craftingtables + delivery on demand (manually or automated) --> Profit

Don't get me wrong. I very much apprechiate the idea of improving BC compatibility. However I'm far from pessimistic about BC's uses.

• During a quick reading to the logistic pipes wiki i concluded that those are indeed nice.

And that its quite possible for RP2 machines to cover the same functions but with less automation (Although the arrival of Computer Blocks its going to change that soonish i bet)

• Official Post

Yet again a small reminder why BC + addons is still more convenient for some purposes and therefore not becoming useless (and I'm not talkin about the overpowered teleport pipe which I don't use):

BC + Logistic Pipes --> Crafting Pipes @ Auto-Craftingtables + delivery on demand (manually or automated) --> Profit

Don't get me wrong. I very much apprechiate the idea of improving BC compatibility. However I'm far from pessimistic about BC's uses.

Logistic Pipes are good but not really needed, because Autocraftingcomplexes, are too inefficient for me. (And i don't even mean the Contructioncosts)

The only thing i need form BC, is the Autocraftingtable for things like Bonemeal (Macerator is better), Mixed Metal Ingots (Projecttable is better) or Books (still Projecttable). Oops, i crossed out all potential uses for a Autocraftingtable. :D

This Argumentation is good to find BC-uses, even if i can actually slap down all your arguments with Redpower or Computercraft. :)

• During a quick reading to the logistic pipes wiki i concluded that those are indeed nice.

And that its quite possible for RP2 machines to cover the same functions but with less automation (Although the arrival of Computer Blocks its going to change that soonish i bet)

Automation is their target.
    RP2 Computer (as it is out now) will help you to automate mechanics, not crafting. Exactly as ComputerCraft. The only exception is ComputerCraft Peripherals, absent for RP2.

• Logistic Pipes are good but not really needed, because Autocraftingcomplexes, are too inefficient for me. (And i don't even mean the Contructioncosts)

The only thing i need form BC, is the Autocraftingtable for things like Bonemeal (Macerator is better), Mixed Metal Ingots (Projecttable is better) or Books (still Projecttable). Oops, i crossed out all potential uses for a Autocraftingtable. :D

This Argumentation is good to find BC-uses, even if i can actually slap down all your arguments with Redpower or Computercraft. :)

I think you don't have a clue what Logistic Pipes do, but hey - you don't even wanna know, so whatever. nvm

• Official Post

I think you don't have a clue what Logistic Pipes do, but hey - you don't even wanna know, so whatever. nvm

I know what they are doing from Direwolfs Lets Play and autofilling a Chest with Endermatter or autocrafting everything with a request, is not needed by me. I'm sure its very easy to build a Waterbucket-CASUC with them instead of Retrievers, but complex Redpowerstuff is much better than those "Magic Blocks".

The only Case where i could need them is autocrafting BC-Gears, but: No BC == No Gears

• I will keep using buildcraft and if I have to drop one of the mods I would drop redpower so I hope this compatibility gets added.

• Automation is their target.
    RP2 Computer (as it is out now) will help you to automate mechanics, not crafting. Exactly as ComputerCraft. The only exception is ComputerCraft Peripherals, absent for RP2.

And you really believe eloraam won't release similar stuff like that? According to her we are barely scratching Tier 2 of her tech three and shes got most planned all the way up to tier 3. So there is a crap load of things to expect from her and automation will most likely be some tier 3 stuff.

Beside like i told ya, there is immibis tube stuff mod that add an automatically crafting table that works with both RP and BC so you can cover the automation part without needing to install a whole big mod for it.

• Official Post

And you really believe eloraam won't release similar stuff like that? According to her we are barely scratching Tier 2 of her tech three and shes got most planned all the way up to tier 3. So there is a crap load of things to expect from her and automation will most likely be some tier 3 stuff.

Beside like i told ya, there is immibis tube stuff mod that add an automatically crafting table that works with both RP and BC so you can cover the automation part without needing to install a whole big mod for it.

FenixR, you caused me to drop BC completely.

• And you really believe eloraam won't release similar stuff like that? According to her we are barely scratching Tier 2 of her tech three and shes got most planned all the way up to tier 3. So there is a crap load of things to expect from her and automation will most likely be some tier 3 stuff.

She said Computer is Tier 3. Thanks for tube stuff.