[Feedback] To IC2 team

• First of all, sorry in advance about my english, since it's not my main language.

I write this to give the IC2 team a feedback regarding the behavior on 1.2.5 MC release. I've seen and followed most of the posts in here while not registered to the forum and I might say, I do not agree with some of its policy.

I understand that creating a mod and have to deal with thousands of bugs might be stressfull, however it's not a reason to treat the comunity players as it has being. Baning people just because they asked for a release date is harsh in a way that you might get customers (yes, players are customers of your enterprise) not only disapointed but also willing to not support your team anymore.

In my point of view, and I speak as a PR director of one of the biggest energy companies in South America, when customers are eager to get your product the worst thing to do is to deal with them as if they were giving you trouble. Although I understand the feeling how anyoing hundreds of people asking for a release date is. In the other hand, they are the HEART of your company, and giving your customers a piece of information might get them even more compromised with your "cause", in this case, your mod.

If you guys have the chance, take a look how Eloraam dealt with this issue. When people were asking, or even demanding a release date, all that she said was something like: "I'm having a hard time fixing some bugs in RP Logic, but I promise the wait will pay off". And it did. The community got very, very ecxited about RP new features, and to wrap up the success, she delivered way more stuff than the comunity was expecting. There is a lesson to be learned, even for myself. SHe did it as a professional, not as a teenage programer.

So regarding all this, I think the IC2 team should rethink the way you deal with the comunity because people won't follow you unless you say at least where you are going. Players are waiting for your mod to be updated in order to play, some youtubers are waiting on your team to get themselves going with their shows (also the only way some of them have to make money). So your responsibility is beyond your tiny litlle vision.

It's time for the IC2 team behave like professionals, not like little nerds behind a computer.

Regards

• Oh look another one of those threads. At least this one its a little better writen that the "WHy u BaN PePle" kind of deal, but its just as useless as those threads.

And quite honestly, there is little room for profesionalism here, they aren't selling a product or a service nor do they seem to care about attracting a lot of more people here. Quite in fact you described them pretty well, a group of nerds behind a computer XD.

• Oh look another one of those threads. At least this one its a little better writen that the "WHy u BaN PePle" kind of deal, but its just as useless as those threads.

And quite honestly, there is little room for profesionalism here, they aren't selling a product or a service nor do they seem to care about attracting a lot of more people here. Quite in fact you described them pretty well, a group of nerds behind a computer XD.

I imagine, considering the behavior. But think, some of the billionaires in this industry started like this, just a Nerd behind a computer. I don't intend to change anything here. Just something for them to think about, IF they are opened to such thing.

The difference between something not profitable and one profitable, is just the person leading it.

• I imagine, considering the behavior. But think, some of the billionaires in this industry started like this, just a Nerd behind a computer. I don't intend to change anything here. Just something for them to think about, IF they are opened to such thing.

The difference between something not profitable and one profitable, is just the person leading it.

A coder or at least a tech savvy that doesn't know the history of bill gates should grab a book ASAP. So im pretty sure that alblaka is well aware of how many benefits he could get if he decide to charge for his mod, something that even after a few years (how long as IC existed so far?) he has not yet charge for anything of this mod. (He even have a Mod Shop somewhere in the minecraftforum where he sell his service as a coder, yet anything related to changing or adding stuff to IC2 will be outright refused because this mod its not for sale)

So i don't really care about that rule at all, its nothing too difficult to follow, just stfu and wait patiently for the mod to update i have been waiting for 1.2.3 for it to update but you don't see me creating threads like a moron asking for a release.

Oh and i forgot to add,
    that if people ever ask or demand for a release date in the MinecraftForum Thread, you will see the horde of people gangbanging the moron who dare to do that before going on with their business and eloraam just seem to ignore those kind of post. Anything relating to Status of any immediate release its only divulged by eloraam herself when she feels like telling people about it, not because someone is asking or Demanding for an answer.

• Oh and i forgot to add,
    that if people ever ask or demand for a release date in the MinecraftForum Thread, you will see the horde of people gangbanging the moron who dare to do that before going on with their business and eloraam just seem to ignore those kind of post. Anything relating to Status of any immediate release its only divulged by eloraam herself when she feels like telling people about it, not because someone is asking or Demanding for an answer.

thats in a way how things wind up this way here as well. alblaka drops hints on his blog and all us loyal fans will wait patiently and pass the time by taking the n00bs who ask for release date or criticize the "request eta=ban policy" and correct, ridicule, flame, gangbang, and ultimately call for their swift banishment in that order (though you mileage may vary especially if the n00b is noticeably uncivil we may skip straight to the gangbanging so we can get our fun in before he is banned)

but that is only half of it the other half is those who are banned also do not read or respect the forum rules at all. take this thread for example the title isn't properly formatted for this sub-forum which means the OP didn't read the stickies first(which is basically the universal highest crime a n00b can commit here). now would we want someone like that to hang around?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• thats in a way how things wind up this way here as well. alblaka drops hints on his blog and all us loyal fans will wait patiently and pass the time by taking the n00bs who ask for release date or criticize the "request eta=ban policy" and correct, ridicule, flame, gangbang, and ultimately call for their swift banishment in that order (though you mileage may vary especially if the n00b is noticeably uncivil we may skip straight to the gangbanging so we can get our fun in before he is banned)

but that is only half of it the other half is those who are banned also do not read or respect the forum rules at all. take this thread for example the title isn't properly formatted for this sub-forum which means the OP didn't read the stickies first(which is basically the universal highest crime a n00b can commit here). now would we want someone like that to hang around?

Is it better now? The tittle?

I'm not saying Alblaka is fully wrong, the update will be release when it's ready to be released, without too many bugs and ready to go. I know that. My post here wasn't to ask for an ETA or something. My point here is the way things are done. I tried my best to be polite and such. If someone who is trying to give a feedback, not flaming, not trolling, some serious feedback isn't welcome here. Don't bother banning me, I know my way out.

• The title matters little, because this isn't the proper place to talk about the Forum rules.

This have been talked before (Both in a intelligent and stupid manner) and the conclusion was that the rule is fine, al does not really want people that can't follow such a ridiculously easy to follow rule and that the rule is there to keep the fudging spam that usually precedes a Minecraft update, and that gets worse and worse for every day after the minecraft update that IC2 doesn't follow. This isn't the minecraft forum where they had to bite their lips and ignore the stupid people to spam their thread with the same stupid question everytime.

• The title matters little, because this isn't the proper place to talk about the Forum rules.

This have been talked before (Both in a intelligent and stupid manner) and the conclusion was that the rule is fine, al does not really want people that can't follow such a ridiculously easy to follow rule and that the rule is there to keep the fudging spam that usually precedes a Minecraft update, and that gets worse and worse for every day after the minecraft update that IC2 doesn't follow. This isn't the minecraft forum where they had to bite their lips and ignore the stupid people to spam their thread with the same stupid question everytime.

Dude just to finish this argument. In any point I did say that the problem is the rule. The rule is fine, and for the people who wants to be in the forum this must be followed. There is no argument about it. My point is how the team is doing their comunication, how they are giving information. Before I write this I saw Alblaka's post in the blog. I know the testers are doing their job as we speak. I bet DW20 will release a spotlight for it in a day or two if it's necessary.

My feedback was meant to be related to my area, Public Relations, the best way to deal with a crowd. It isn't what you say that matters, it is HOW you say, everytime.

• Oh human behavior. And here i though this thread was useless, now its something worse. Yep im outta here, try all as you might i doubt anything you say will be nothing more than empty words and i really doubt alblaka is looking for a PR person, like i said before he does not seem too much interesting in attracting more people.

"We will tell you when you got to exspect a release date. Or we won't, then you'll just have to wait.

Simple as that. "

Thats one of the 5-6 lines of the rules.

P.S: Anything i said does not necessary reflect any of the views or opinions of the dev team since im not part of it in the first place dahhhh.

• FenixR swallow your negative comments an moment, i for one agree on this.

simply give an "insight" in what you are dealing with is an good idea. it wil give them an knowhow of what they need to do and they wil understand the waiting is longer becouse of that.

say urself, would you like to have an little bit of information? i would, i would suggest make an "status topic" about what they are dealing with. (and posibly ask advice to the comunity they set up)

and rofl (nerds behind an computer) this wil go to the offtopic quotes thread :P

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• I've sat here waiting without asking about a release date. I just watch the blog.

But what I've seen here is that you claim to not be any part of the Dev Team, tho you sit here and police the rules? I've read the rules as I always do in every forum I go to, However like every forum there are asshats like yourself that feel they need to speak on behalf of the Dev Team. So your status here paid or completely voluntary?

The mod is a great mod and well worth waiting for. Its basically what got me into the game. However pay or not, small tid bits on the blog doesnt give someone the right to treat others as if they are beneath them. I dont know you, but I'd sure as hell would knock you into the ground with a mouth like that in person.

Either be part of the solution, or your part of the problem. In most of the communities eyes, I see you as part of the problem.
    Now as a fellow smart ass myself, you could of said hey, not on the forums, but here is a link http://www.industrial-craft.net/ to the blog that has some information for people that are inquiring to know more.

See its helpful, and less to type. But again, reading your comments just proves your just an ass, regardless if its your personal life or the net life.

as far as the OP, Check back at that link, or watch Direwolf20's twitter. Im sure when its released, it'll be posted on Alb's blog or DW20's tweets..

but as far as being an asshole, people either ignore you or they just find another mod to move on to, because people "assume" your part of the team.

Just say'n... :huh:

• So in other words, Tekkit is getting impatient and wants to update right now because they are losing too many fans due to being so far 'behind' with the MC updates?

Bah... we don't bend to your whims. You can wait just like anyone else can... the IC team owes you nothing..

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• first kudos to you for waiting patiently. now i will try to politely disagree with you on some other stuff you said. I find it funny that you are calling someone who refers to them selves as a "certified asshole" an ass as if this is news to them and that these insults will get them to back down and act in a way that is more agreeable to you. personally i think fenixr is part of the solution not the problem. simply put the more the community polices its self the less time the devs have to spend moderating. also fenixr helps weed out the immature and emotionally unstable who would not do well in a self policing type environment. simply put again if you can survive what fenixr dishes out with out emotional trauma you may just be mature enough to last if not you won't last the month.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• You do realize that more people means more possible donations, right? Judging by the post on the blog at the beginning of the month, he could use the money. Attracting more people would definitely be a better choice in regards to that than to push the people already here away.

• You do realize that more people means more possible donations, right? Judging by the post on the blog at the beginning of the month, he could use the money. Attracting more people would definitely be a better choice in regards to that than to push the people already here away.

Yes i know, but that is HIS choice to go ahead with it or not.

I was just merely mentioning what i have observed, its not like i have an idea on how Alblaka mind works (Nor do i really want to know tbh... Well maybe his coding decisions but thats it.)

• I find the rule "ask for eta = ban" petty, but that's my opinion, I don't go around screaming "UR RULEZ SUK", I have respect.
    Being an asshole pushes people away, no matter if it's the mod's developer or part of his community.

I find pretty much all of the OP's major points pretty valid, and should be seriously evaluated by the dev team.

And to FenixR, soften up. Seriously, you don't have to be such an asshole to everybody you meet.

The vast majority of donations that Alba ever received was from the Goons to buy his silence for their inclusion of IC^2 into the Tekkit pack. NEVER has Alba received donations simply off the fact that his mod was 'that great'. (Or if it has, it hasn't been in the frequent basis that you claim will occur later)...

So unless you 'put your money where your mouth is' I doubt the Dev. team will hasten any updates just because you 'demand' them to do so...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• The vast majority of donations that Alba ever received was from the Goons to buy his silence for their inclusion of IC^2 into the Tekkit pack. NEVER has Alba received donations simply off the fact that his mod was 'that great'. (Or if it has, it hasn't been in the frequent basis that you claim will occur later)...

So unless you 'put your money where your mouth is' I doubt the Dev. team will hasten any updates just because you 'demand' them to do so...

Good to know we have Alblaka's accountant here. Everyone please say hello.

Also, if you read what I said, I never once said that more people meant more donations. I did say though that more people meant more possible donations.