Fire Extinguisher

• I suggest that we add a fire extinguisher. When explosives are lit, or your home is burning because of a fireplace error, or you walk into lava, it could put them out. It would be crafted with :Water Cell: CF sprayer and :Water Cell: . It would consume water cells. Or construction foam.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Drat, someone beat me to posting an idea for this. S'what I get for goin to work.

+1 on the idea though I think the recipe could be a bit more complicated.

Maybe have to assemble a nozzle to an empty extinguisher and fill in canning machine with water cells or a dry/wet chem mix.

my take is in the spoiler if anyone wants to take a peek.

• Perhaps the fire is in a place you cant reach without breaking blocks or it's higher then you can reach without taking time to climb. Time which the fire can use to spread and consume.

Or perhaps the fire is just too large to punch out by yourself before it does a looot of fire damage to your home/factory/the forrest surrounding your factory/home which will then cause lots of lag.

True you can build out of incombustible materials but visually they are unappealing at times.

• I never said the fire extinguisher its a bad idea (Just a meh solution for a meh problem that only happens during meh times), but for it to have any use its like you said, it either have to be fast or long range or aoe. Also its not necessary to go to such complicated lengths in his creation when the problem isn't worth it most of the time. (Spending more time making the fire extinguisher than actually putting the fire out, no just no)

• More time spent making it then using it.

Could be applied to a multitude of safety tools and systems made for emergency use.

A thought did just occur to me though. using a water bucket might wash away certain things in the flow of said liquid (redstone/torches/other blocks that come off with water). An extinguisher wouldn't do such a thing and as you pointed out, would be like an AOE ( I hope anyway, not sure how the OP planned that part of his extinguisher)

• The only Fire Extinguisher I see being added to IC2 is an explosive the size of a nuke that only puts out fire, and nothing else.

Because the only real way to fight fire, is with fire.

Or explosives. Explosives always beat fire.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• We're trying to put out a small fire, not an oil derrick fire!

Doesn't sound IC2y.

Go big, or go bigger. There is no going home.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• if we wanted to go big wouldn't we just rig a teleporter to teleport out the air and choke all the fire(and everything else) in a 10 chunk radius?

related: the next version of minecraft makes wood slabs flammable. as a result ic2 should add an auto sprinkler system for buildings

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• if we wanted to go big wouldn't we just rig a teleporter to teleport out the air and choke all the fire(and everything else) in a 10 chunk radius?

related: the next version of minecraft makes wood slabs flammable. as a result ic2 should add an auto sprinkler system for buildings

One, 20 block diameter is amazingly small.
    Two, that would kill everything. Kind of not what is wanted...
    Three. Explosions. Are you really arguing against explosions?

• I'm not arguing i'm just having fun with your "go big or go bigger" comment

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• One, 20 block diameter is amazingly small.
    Two, that would kill everything. Kind of not what is wanted...
    Three. Explosions. Are you really arguing against explosions?

yes, because I'd rather have my house burned down than have it blown to bits

an explosive the size of a nuke that only puts out fire, and nothing else.

yes, because I'd rather have my house burned down than have it blown to bits

I believe you missed my original post. It doesn't deal damage.

• Perhaps the fire is in a place you cant reach without breaking blocks or it's higher then you can reach without taking time to climb. Time which the fire can use to spread and consume.

Use a damn hose!

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• Could be added, but I don't think many players would use it.
    But ... if it make IC² more complete ...
    Why not.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Maybe it could consume coolant cells, and freeze water when you spray it on water? :|

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• add a function to the freezing terraformer to suppress all fires