The canning machine currently is capable of producing any kind of food by packaging it into Tin Cans, which is convenient, there are however two issues with this:
- A single Tin Can currently requires 5/4 tin bars (5 tin bars = 4 Tin Cans) which is extremely expensive, given that 4 tin bars equal 16 cells.
- A filled Tin Can restores only 1 heart, which makes it very time consuming to bring up your health bar.
In general this makes bread a much more convenient resource, as it is easy to acquire, does not consume any materials (as wheat regrows) and bread restores 2.5 hearts each.
I suggest the following change:
- Change recipe for tin cans to use only 2 tin bars (same recipe as making a stick out of wood) and return 8 tin cans. This would transform tin into cans at the same rate as cells.
- Have a filled tin can restore 2.5 hearts (same as bread).
- Change some of the canning recipes accordingly to keep them in line with the increased heart restoring, e.g. it would require 2 rotten flesh now to fill up one tin can or 3 melon slices.
With this change the canning machine would be a nice yet not overpowering alternative to create food for a player. The benefit of it would be that any kind of food can be transformed into edible food and can be stacked, while on the other hand it is more complex to generate this food and requires EU to produce it.