ID Resolver: Opinions?

• I was just wondering what is everyone's experiences with the ID Resolver mod (assuming you use it)? I'm trying to figure out whether or not to use it or bite the bullet and reorganize my ID's by hand.

• Used it once. Had to spam a button for 20 seconds each time I launched minecraft. Been assigning block ID's manually ever since as it takes two minutes anyway which is less than installing it. Just start from ID 255 and edit all mod config files to new values.

• badwrongno. Causes more problems than it solves.
    Just install NEI and have it make a Block ID dump.

How do you do this?

• How do you do this?

Open NEI, go to Options (lower left), go to ID settings (or something like that), customize what you'd like to dump, and hit the button that says, "Dump" (or something to that effect) and the file should be in your .minecraft folder.

• Open NEI, go to Options (lower left), go to ID settings (or something like that), customize what you'd like to dump, and hit the button that says, "Dump" (or something to that effect) and the file should be in your .minecraft folder.

Thanks, this will help me with the creation of a Map im working on.

• Thanks, this will help me with the creation of a Map im working on.

sorta unnecessary anymore than Forge has the 4096 block ID Fix integrated.
    Just start stuffing things in the 900 range. there's a ton and a half of IDs free there.

• sorta unnecessary anymore than Forge has the 4096 block ID Fix integrated.
    Just start stuffing things in the 900 range. there's a ton and a half of IDs free there.

And half of the mods can automatically assign ID's when you start MC the first time.