Suggestion: Laser turret [Upgradeable Tesla coil]

• Official Post

Laser turret :
    When placed it fires high energy Laser projectiles at nearby targets.
    Right clicking opens a GUI showing internal Storage and Target Configuration

This is an upgradeable Tesla coil.

• Do i even have to mention a certain update?

No... because Portal Turrets do the same thing, but with different (almost nonexistent) costs...

+1 for the idea

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

Do i even have to mention a certain update?

This is not for industrial conflict. it is a just high-tech anti-mob [its kinda anti-everything] turret with upgrades.
    Instead of placing lots of tesla coils with little range, place one of this above your base and upgrade its range to the max for a big area coverage

After Industrial conflict this turret could severely damage Energy-based Suits.

• +1! we need a automatic defensive/surveillance system.

I tryied to propouse my solution of security system but nobody answer me... this is a little expansive... but surely more effective!

• A bit less useful that Tesla Coil, because what would be good with an Amazing Turret Destroying your wall to hit mobs/player hidden ?
    It use special frequence (for example, gamma ray) in order to pass blocks ?
    +1 If this problem is solved.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

A bit less useful that Tesla Coil, because what would be good with an Amazing Turret Destroying your wall to hit mobs/player hidden ?
    It use special frequence (for example, gamma ray) in order to pass blocks ?
    +1 If this problem is solved.

It would only attack visible targets, or hidden ones IF you toggle block destroy.

less usefull? it would have the same ability of tesla mob killing, but with upgradeable specifications.

• I like the idea,+1
    Still,needs a limit on overclocker,as putting 10+ Overclockers will kill a full quantinum armor way too quick.If extra damage to energy based armor,shot EU value should be enormous (not like 10k/shot dealing 10% damage to QA/10shots\sec with overclocker) or it will make QA useless

• Official Post

I like the idea,+1
    Still,needs a limit on overclocker,as putting 10+ Overclockers will kill a full quantinum armor way too quick.If extra damage to energy based armor,shot EU value should be enormous (not like 10k/shot dealing 10% damage to QA/10shots\sec with overclocker) or it will make QA useless

Don't forget that player when damaged has a small delay before being able to take another damage. [If you heal yourself with splash pots it resets that timer

• Don't forget that player when damaged has a small delay before being able to take another damage. [If you heal yourself with splash pots it resets that timer

I think the delay would be too small even so. Also, resetting the hit timer with splash potions? TIL.

Today I Learned, I forgot people in here aren't redditors.

• Well I have to say I wouldn't mind having an easy way to take down Q-Suits. I always thought that tesla coils should do bonus damage to the power armors, otherwise it's not worth the resources kinda like the old miners being way too expensive. But this sounds like an actually useful defense system. Like an IC2 version of the Rise of the Automatons defense lasers.

• Official Post

Not bonus damage may be, but partial discharge.

You mean like Overcharging Lapotrons, to let them not storing Energy properly => Discharge. Thats a good way to defend against Quantumfighters or other Electricarmor-Users. It should also discharge the Lappack, so that their Nanosabers and Mininglasers are quickly discharded, or even anything Electrical they are carry with them. And if you dont come with a Tesla-Coil-Frame-Ship (TCFS), then these are stationary and so not really usable as offensive Weapon.

Sidenote:
    But the best way to make the "Nerf ze Wantumzuit"-Noobs silent, would still be a config to disable only the QSuit-Chestplate (the remaining three Parts alone, are not making you invincible).

• You mean like Overcharging Lapotrons, to let them not storing Energy properly => Discharge. Thats a good way to defend against Quantumfighters or other Electricarmor-Users. It should also discharge the Lappack, so that their Nanosabers and Mininglasers are quickly discharded, or even anything Electrical they are carry with them. And if you dont come with a Tesla-Coil-Frame-Ship (TCFS), then these are stationary and so not really usable as offensive Weapon.

Sidenote:
    But the best way to make the "Nerf ze Wantumzuit"-Noobs silent, would still be a config to disable only the QSuit-Chestplate (the remaining three Parts alone, are not making you invincible).

I always found it odd that the chest plate itself is what makes the suit crazy powerful. As in how having nothing else but that can easily turn you into a tank. I always thought it should be something like once you're wearing the complete set it kicks in the near-invulnerability. I really support the drain effect tho. I think having Adv. Tesla Coils have that effect would make them useful for hidden defenses. Though it should also have an alt mode, say redstone activated, where all it does is drain without the whole damage indicator. Then it would be hilarious to see someone try sneaking in only to find themselves un-powered. Your TCFS sounds like a Faraday cage type of thing too.