Discussion of the new snapshots

• Well, just wanted to share my thoughts on the new trading system; IT'S SO OP!!!!
    I can't believe jeb made diamonds so easy to get...
    Well, other than that, I think 1.3 will be one of the coolest updates yet!

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• I downloaded the snapshot, and it's not too bad. I just wish that Mojang would hurry up and finish with some of their promises *coughID'scough*

• given that there is a rumor that 1.3 won't have the mod api after all and that forge won't update to it as a result I don't think many of us will care about what is in 1.3 for a while

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Bringing that back up. The new snapshot is out, with tripwires, better trading and...

ENCHANTING HAS CHANGED OMG
    Static instead of linearly increasing levels (1.1k levels after killing the dragon), maximum level 30, XP from mining ores, etc.

• this snapshot also added trap rigged jungle temples it seems that every biome may get some sort of unique generated structure at this rate

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

Bringing that back up. The new snapshot is out, with tripwires, better trading and...

ENCHANTING HAS CHANGED OMG
    Static instead of linear levels (1.1k levels after killing the dragon), maximum level 30, XP from mining ores, etc.

Does that mean, that every Level costs the same amount of Exp-Orbs? AND 1100 LVL after killing te Enderdragon? That might be a Bug of the new System.

this snapshot also added trap rigged jungle temples it seems that every biome may get some sort of unique generated structure at this rate

Desert = Pyramids and Villages
    Plains = Villages, Surfacestrongholds?
    Mountains = Emeralds (For People, who deactivated Villagespawning), maybe they make abandonned Mines exclusive to that Biome with a Surfaceentrance.
    Swamp = ?
    Forest = Abandonned Hut?
    Jungle = Ancient Temple
    Nether = Fortesses

New mode: Adventure.

-Player can't remove nor place blocks.

Designing those kind of map will be easier than ever then.

Its also a good Grieferprotection on Servers, because if they spawn in that Mode, then they have to be switched to Survivalmode before acting.

• great.

/sarcasm?

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Enchantments are very cheap now if you do the math right.

but are the enchantments as powerful? is an old level 50 enchanted sword better than a new level 30 sword?

• Only 15 bookcases are needed now to get the highest-level enchantment -- is this related to how books apparently now cost leather?

I like this part because its really hard to make a good looking enchanting room when you have to make it a bookshelf walled 3x3 room to get the best effect