[suggestion] internal fueltank for generator

• one of my big hold ups to using fuel-cans in my generators is they don't stack so i can't leave a bunch to run something and walk away like i can charcoal.

so to give fuel cans a little nudge how about we add a fuel buffer to the normal generator. like the geogens lava buffer but for biofuel/coalfuel/superfuel. just to toss a number out there lets say it can hold 2 maxed out superfuel cans worth of fuel

and that's it :D that's the whole suggestion you can stop reading now. uh i said you can stop there isn't anything else to this. seriously stop reading this post and type up a reply nothing past this point is useful. Y U NO STOP!

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I hope that this gets added + BC-Fuelcompatiblity, but RichardG denied it due to impossibility, even if there were already Lavapiped Geothermals (dunno what Alblaka thinks).

If it's impossible, then how do BC engines have it?

and btw GregoriusT, nice base tutorial

• Thats for BC-IC Interaction, but what about adding the internal fuel storage to the generator? (Not only for BC Fuel, but for IC2 Fuel too)

i was about to say the same thing

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Although now that i think about it, i think i know why Richard said it was impossible to do it.

BC fuel has a static energy value for both of their liquids, unlike IC2 which can have a different array of energy value for the fuel can because 6 Coalfuel Cells or 6 Biofuel Cells aren't the only recipe for fuel that you can use in the canner.

• Official Post

THAT won't pose an issue. Even vanilla furnaces can simply store "one value".
    IC is already using that one value to supply whole cans of fuel... the number really doesn't care which value you assign to it. There won't be an issue with using one unit of BC-oil to provide X fuel points.

Adding the ability to pour multiple cans of fuel in would be possible... But I'm not sure whether it's within the range of what the Generator is intended to do.
    How about we put this on the list for a special generator, which is meant to run off fuel, gas (if implemented) and BC oil, using said materials in a higher efficiency then the normal generator (if at all) with a higher EU output, probably about 30 EUt, too compensate for the incapability to burn simple stuff (wood, coal) as well as the fact you're using complex and limited fuel materials.

• THAT won't pose an issue. Even vanilla furnaces can simply store "one value".
    IC is already using that one value to supply whole cans of fuel... the number really doesn't care which value you assign to it. There won't be an issue with using one unit of BC-oil to provide X fuel points.

Adding the ability to pour multiple cans of fuel in would be possible... But I'm not sure whether it's within the range of what the Generator is intended to do.
    How about we put this on the list for a special generator, which is meant to run off fuel, gas (if implemented) and BC oil, using said materials in a higher efficiency then the normal generator (if at all) with a higher EU output, probably about 30 EUt, too compensate for the incapability to burn simple stuff (wood, coal) as well as the fact you're using complex and limited fuel materials.

Sounds good, and maybe it will finally shut up the complainers that say Coal/Bio Fuel isn't worth it.

• THAT won't pose an issue. Even vanilla furnaces can simply store "one value".

sounds awesome :D:D:D also i think either diesel generator or gas turbine will be the most appropriate names for this new gen :D

• I would like have a "refinery" with, wich could different components from Gas/other fuel as I already suggested: for example, it would have multiple output because of random chance of getting each component, chance wich would be lower and lower with their rarety/energy value.

And I think we should have tar or something else to craft bitumen/asphalt with gravel to build Industrial streets (maybe with a bonus of speed when walking on)
    A new fuel based-gen sounds very good to me, as it would be the Thrird Non-Renewable Gen (I do not count the basic gen, wich is a gen only useful when starting/playing with forestry-EE)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• As I see renewable Forestry liquids will be forbidden in that generator...
    Not a problem because it has a special generator.