[Suggestion] Efficienty upgrade

• The Idea is very simple: You've Overclocker, Transformer and Energy Storage Upgrade:
    I think we should have "Efficienty Upgrade".
    It would decrease the Machine Energy-Consumption/Increase Gen production (of course, only for basic one and Geothermal, and Fuel Gen if it get added).
    2 option: 1) It's unstackable (so you max 4 per machine, and maybe 1 per gen)
    2) It's very inefficient (so for example, it could divide energy consumption by 2 with 16 Upgrader)

The craft would need circuit, advanced Circuit, Golden Cabble and I don't know what else.

I know, it has probably already been suggested/denied, but not for Gen AND machine, isn't it ?

I'm just suggesting an Idea, I know the concept has to be improved.
    Just talk about it.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

"Efficienty"? Y U NO spellcheck at least the Topic? Because thats the way we find Noobs to impale.

But now serious: The only way, i would see an Efficiencyupgrade is, an Improvement of the Energy/Process-ratio in Machines.

So add upgrade => (at max) 40% less Energy consumed, this way it cannot counter as many Overclockers as Efficiencyupgrades, also all Upgrades should be only 16-Stackable.

• Yes, I think too, because a 80% energy saving would be OP when using in the meantime Overclocking upgrade, and it can't be "one non-stackable Upgrader for 40% energy saving" or "64 for maw 40%"

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Should probably work best like the inverse of the overclocker, Reduce Speed but increase energy efficiency.

i agree.
    forget solar farms build a macerator farm :D !

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Too many suggestions about making IC 9999999999x easier and falcon-punching the balance. I love it the way it is. Not the part makes the difference but your skill to build an efficient base where the seperate components work perfectly and automatically together. That's the meaning of ic.

• i agree.
    forget solar farms build a macerator farm :D !

I assume he meant that if used together with overclockers the efficiency upgrades would make the machine a bit more energy efficient at the same speed(obviously needing a higher amount of upgrades).

• Should probably work best like the inverse of the overclocker, Reduce Speed but increase energy efficiency.

how about when a redstone signal is applied to a machine with overclocker upgrades the overclockers turn into underclockers? that way there is no confusion as to what happens when both are in the same machine

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

how about when a redstone signal is applied to a machine with overclocker upgrades the overclockers turn into underclockers? that way there is no confusion as to what happens when both are in the same machine

That way i have to rebuild my whole Factory, due to random Redstonesignals coming from Tubes all over the Room. Oh moment, i'm not using Overclockers in the Factory.

• Underclockers sounds stupid, and how would it work with Induction furnace and similar machines that uses a constant redstone signal to heat up?

underclocker is just another name don't read into it to much, and induction furnaces don't have upgrade slots

• how about when a redstone signal is applied to a machine with overclocker upgrades the overclockers turn into underclockers? that way there is no confusion as to what happens when both are in the same machine

No, not this.