Teleporter working with minecarts

• As far as i know minecarts are entities when placed in the world, so i was wondering if the teleporter could be changed to make them also able to teleport minecarts around.

This would make a really nice way of making teleporters able to move items arround, with chest carts, and give a fun mechanic for roller coasters or just saving track on that 1000 block line you have between stations :D

• I guess my only question would be:

Why not?

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Also, add the possibility to teleport blocks above teleporters. [So we can teleport chests and other interesting stuff. A MFSU for example]

... and moving it with piston/placing it with the Steve's hands ...
    I think it wouldn't be an easy way to do it, a Chest-teleporter would be better.
    Minecart okay, Minecart chest okay, for more usage, use the Idon'trememberhowit'scalled Minecart-Mod.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I thought teleporters already teleported all entities that you threw into it?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

I thought teleporters already teleported all entities that you threw into it?

It teleports living entities , but not items and minecarts/boats.
    Also if we could teleport a block, we could teleport "energy" [MFSU or other thing] Supplying an outpost with energy easily.

• Only problem I see is Lapotron teleporting, to save energy. I know, I know, I'm being a pessimist here, but I think this suggestion would lead to many exploits.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• would also be nice if teleporters functioned even if moved by frames :P

Edit : currently when moved by frames they can still tp you to another tp, but you cant tp to the one moved by frames

• Okay, items and carts (but with no momentum preserved, use a booster track or something) now go through teleporters. Also fixed the pig bug - better explaining, I had to fix it to let minecarts teleport at the right cost.

• Official Post

Okay, items and carts (but with no momentum preserved, use a booster track or something) now go through teleporters. Also fixed the pig bug - better explaining, I had to fix it to let minecarts teleport at the right cost.

Yay, now we can remotely supply outposts with anything we want. (chest cart or MFSU cart [Railcraft]) + Item/Energy unloader).
    Btw, does MFSU cart from railcraft, preserve its energy inside? . [Or does it even teleport?]