Suggestion: Secondary CF-Sprayer Mode

• Chears

having build my first base out of CF, i have come across some serious issues regarding cable covering.
    Once one has a finished floor, any cable cannot be fixed without creating a huge mess.
    for Holes created otherwise, i was able to use the pre-compressed CF block, but as they are actual blocks, i wasn't able to playce them inside cables.
    This being a big nuissance, and CF being pretty balanced out by the drying time (and the light level it needs to do so)

i would suggest to add a feature that prevents such a mess.

The only two i could think of were to either to make cables act like scaffolds, what could, again, cause some unintentional cable covering cascade,
    or
    adding a secondary Spay mode (CTRL + M) that only sprays one block at a time, at the cost of efficiency.

PS: i noticed my CFPack was halve full when i crafted it, i just checked the 15 suggestion pages already, i'd apreciate if anyone was to confirm this a known bug? [ it seems to be!
    :Nuke TNT: ]

Edited 2 times, last by Izbhle: question answered! ().

• PS:i noticed my CFPack was halve full when i crafted it, i just checked the 15 suggestion pages already, i'd apreciate if anyone was to confirm this a known bug?

I think it's a known bug. Anyway, what you suggest could be good (I hate too trying to place it on cables ^^) but, it's so unefficient compared to the price it have ... sadly.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Scaffold didin't help ?

Quote from GregoriusT long time ago on a Bukkitserver

Fuck this shit, i gonna scaffold

I said this, while building a Tunnel of CF, and all the CF was all of a sudden spread into my Face (before that, it just sprayed fine and flat into the walls), due to a Bukkitbug with CF (I wasnt able to reproduce that on my nonbukkit local Server). I would like to have a Low-CF-Mode and a Single-CF-Mode for the Sprayer to simplify it a bit, instead of using Scaffolds.

• Scaffold didin't help ?

as of now, there is no way to place scaffolds around cables, and that was my main concern.
    and i really like the concept of scaffolding places to do the walls, this is why i suggest a lower efficiency with smaller brushes.

maybe they should allow compressed CF to be placed on wires while making dried CF breakable so it drops an item and you can place that on wires as well

I guess that would kinda ruind the fun waiting-for-that-shit-to-dry part.
    especially since it doesn't dry once it's closed within solid blocks takes building with the actall foam to a whole new (industrial :)) level!

I said this, while building a Tunnel of CF, and all the CF was all of a sudden spread into my Face (before that, it just sprayed fine and flat into the walls), due to a Bukkitbug with CF (I wasnt able to reproduce that on my nonbukkit local Server). I would like to have a Low-CF-Mode and a Single-CF-Mode for the Sprayer to simplify it a bit, instead of using Scaffolds.

well, i kinda like it a bit more challenging, actually, but the cable thingy is just unavoidable as it is :(
    but don't get me wrong, i would very apreciate yet more spraying modes, it does feel a bit odd for a recipe consisting of 4 cobble and a stick, tough.

• I'd rather just take the time to craft cobble bricks or Marble bricks and such than mess with CFoam again...

Mostly because of the upcoming nerf, and the fact that there are much cheaper materials to build as well than it...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Yeah, CFoam is useful for only a few reasons.
    1) You can paint it.
    2) It is one of the cheapest creeper proof blocks.
    3) It covers 15 or so block large, which is faster than placing individual blocks. Thing is, unless you have scaffolds, it'll take LONGER with CFoam.

That's about it. :P