[suggestion] Antimatter (tiers)

• Sorry, but the only thing I can imagine that would be fun with antimatter is too useless to actually implement: a nuclear reactor component that is more potent and more heat-producing than regular uranium cells, so potent that you really need to know what you're doing... Imagine it'd blow a tremendous crater in the ground when you tried to put it in a reactor that's not cooled and pre-equipped with a few stacks of ice.

This sounds like something crazy, hardcore and fun to look at in Creative, but not something I'd consider worth using, thus not worth doing.

• Still, I can't think any use for antimatter beside weapons/energy purpose.

And all that was already denied.

• Come to think of it, energy storage is a bit easy. It's almost impossible in real life and one MFSU usually is enough for almost everything you need.

• why don't you report this thread and get it pushed to the archives then? i wonder what alblaka would think if we started doing that? hmmmm...

oh and greg...

bump :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Mmm.

I noticed skimming suggestions someone wanted to implement the rocket science addon. What about using antimatter as a propellant to get to the moon/planets? A new dimension, similar to the nether or end. If anyone has read Physics of the Impossible (Michio Kaku) you would understand that antimatter can be theoretically used as rocket fuel, as in combining it with hydrogen in a super-strength, open faced chamber on the tail of the rocket resulting in propelling explosion. If E=mc2 means energy equals matter and vise versa, and if an object's total energy is equal to the speed of light, some energy devoted to physical movement and some energy to passage of time, if one travels at the speed of light, no time will pass. So an internally occurring explosion within the travelling device will not end. Therefore, one piece of antimatter will work an infinite distance/time, but only once, until the craft slows. So antimatter should be incredibly expensive.

• Mmm.

I noticed skimming suggestions someone wanted to implement the rocket science addon. What about using antimatter as a propellant to get to the moon/planets? A new dimension, similar to the nether or end. If anyone has read Physics of the Impossible (Michio Kaku) you would understand that antimatter can be theoretically used as rocket fuel, as in combining it with hydrogen in a super-strength, open faced chamber on the tail of the rocket resulting in propelling explosion. If E=mc2 means energy equals matter and vise versa, and if an object's total energy is equal to the speed of light, some energy devoted to physical movement and some energy to passage of time, if one travels at the speed of light, no time will pass. So an internally occurring explosion within the travelling device will not end. Therefore, one piece of antimatter will work an infinite distance/time, but only once, until the craft slows. So antimatter should be incredibly expensive.

So, news dimensions/space ? Already denied. (As Antimatter). And if a new dimension should be implemented, it would me more something like Whormhole Portal, using EU to enter the new dimension: how can you imagine yourself travelling the space in a rocket in MINECRAFT ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• oh boy is greg going to be mad ^^

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Lol greg is pissed, also, EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THIS THREAD has not actually researched antimatter. If you had, you would realize in about 5 seconds that antimatter doesn't explode the second it touches any matter, it has to touch corresponding matter. So, you make hydrogen antimatter, it can touch anything but regular hydrogen, and nothing will happen. If it touches hydrogen, then it's mass is converted to energy, along with that of the hydrogen. Same thing with any other antimatter atoms. And person who read Physics of the Impossible, it states in that book that it has to touch corresponding matter.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Lol greg is pissed, also, EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THIS THREAD has not actually researched antimatter. If you had, you would realize in about 5 seconds that antimatter doesn't explode the second it touches any matter, it has to touch corresponding matter. So, you make hydrogen antimatter, it can touch anything but regular hydrogen, and nothing will happen. If it touches hydrogen, then it's mass is converted to energy, along with that of the hydrogen. Same thing with any other antimatter atoms. And person who read Physics of the Impossible, it states in that book that it has to touch corresponding matter.

"Antimatter cannot be stored in a container made of ordinary matter because antimatter reacts with any matter it touches, annihilating itself and an equal amount of the container. "

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT WIKIPEDIA IS WRONG!?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• you should probably continue discussing the finer points of theoretical physics in the off topic section

• Official Post

"Antimatter cannot be stored in a container made of ordinary matter because antimatter reacts with any matter it touches, annihilating itself and an equal amount of the container. "

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT WIKIPEDIA IS WRONG!?

You are both partially right. The Antimatter has to touch the regular Matter, but magnetical Forces are keeping them too far away from each other, in some cases. So you need indeed corresponding Matter, but its depending on the Material. And Material with a large Mass, is mostly ever a corresponding Piece of Matter.

But back to the Topic: STOP BUMPING THIS THREAD!!!