Nuclear danger

• I have to say this when I saw the set-up (sorry in advance):

REACTOR'S GOIN' CRITICAL! RUN!

Again sorry.

This. Annoys. Me. So Much.

A reactor going critical is a good thing. If a reactor didn't, it could never work. What you're referring to is when the reactor is supercritical, when it's heating up. Of course, it's always the most fun when all control is lost and the reaction goes prompt supecritical. Also known as "kiss your base goodbye"

• This. Annoys. Me. So Much.

A reactor going critical is a good thing. If a reactor didn't, it could never work. What you're referring to is when the reactor is supercritical, when it's heating up. Of course, it's always the most fun when all control is lost and the reaction goes prompt supecritical. Also known as "kiss your base goodbye"

You do realize you are just nitpicking at naming, right?

• What do you mean "tend" to it? IF that means sittling there and watching the bars go down, consider my solar farm finished.

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

My apologies, I was unaware of the proper terms at the time of my posting and the proper mechanics of Nuclear reactors. The correct information has been noted for future reference and usage. Again, my apologies.

• What do you mean "tend" to it? IF that means sittling there and watching the bars go down, consider my solar farm finished.

no what i mean by tend to it is check it every 10 mins, when you minning turn it off and when at the surface crafting/building turn it on

(by the way a reactor can be set up to you never have to check it, besides changing the fuel, so don't finish that solar farm just yet)

• Haha you must have an efficiency of 3.24 but the heat production must be immense and I doubt that without the massive flaws in current cooling code which increase cooling related to plates and DCs at least 10 times it would not be able to run for longer than 20 seconds before spawning fire

nice use of reducing coolants tho :)

I like the idea of high power reactors that need only a bit of "Tending" and can still run for a while so long as you watch it :D

• Lerg!
    (I have to do something to keep this thread read)

why does this thread continually come up as unread?!? please fix it!
    it is happening with the electric fishingrod thread too

Propmt supercritical is what nukes do. I think you're thinking of ordinary old melty melty prompt critical.
    /learned all that from TV Tropes
    /is proud