[Suggestion] Use Super-Heat laser to evaporate water?

• I don't like water. There's still no proper way of getting rid of large water bodies (EE is... not an option), what with water's unrealistic property of respawning itself. And let's face it, pumping is way too boring anyway - blasting things to death with laser is fun. Let me kill water, please!

• This sounds like something the terraformer could do, no? I haven't found explicit mention of it in a wiki and I'm too lazy to test whether it's possible just for this post, but still, this could be one solution.

Also, I like the idea of an additional laser mode for that, but the laser is starting to get enough modes for its own GUI :D

• Also, I like the idea of an additional laser mode for that

The super-heat mode already exists.

What about evaporating ice and snow and instantly killing snow golems regardless of the distance?

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

Edited once, last by I don't now ().

• +1
    Makes sense, more sense then a suggestion a saw awhile ago about super heat mode turning stone into lava.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• I think it make sense, because Mining Lasers are curently doing that on Lava Sources.
    Also, I think it's easier evaporate Water than Lava, according to their melting temperatures ^^ (Try to imagine Laser won't be resend in many ways, including your eyes ;) )
    But Destroying Water and making that no one will respawn would be a bit Hard I think no ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• But Destroying Water and making that no one will respawn would be a bit Hard I think no ?

Something similar to how EE's Volcanic Amulet does it would be fine. It has a (free :thumbdown: ) on-use ability that shoots a projectile which removes water source blocks. Now, of course if you shoot it right into the ocean, just one projectile won't do much of anything - the surrounding blocks would regenerate most of it. You can easily spam the projectiles however, and since there's a small delay with the water, it is indeed possible to clear even large areas of water. But I'd really prefer if this was possible with IC2 as well - EE2 doesn't really play well at all with other mods.

• I'd love this for clearing out the water in my reactor room, but I'd be afraid that the laser would destroy my reinforced walls.

• I'd love this for clearing out the water in my reactor room, but I'd be afraid that the laser would destroy my reinforced walls.

I think it won't. Actually, the mining laser do not destroy reinforced stone (I do not try with Super Heat mode, because it destroy Concrete when others modes don't).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!