Support Request: Sound keeps breaking

• When I upgraded to the latest forge, IC2 began throwing this error out like crazy in the console:

Code
    Error in class 'SourceLWJGL OpenAL'
    	Channel null in method 'stop'

It keeps doing that until something overflows, and my sound breaks completely.

• When I upgraded to the latest forge, IC2 began throwing this error out like crazy in the console:

Code
    Error in class 'SourceLWJGL OpenAL'
    	Channel null in method 'stop'

It keeps doing that until something overflows, and my sound breaks completely.

disable IC2 sounds. Problem solved.

the sound system (minecraft's) hates some machines for some reason, that's the only solution.

• disable IC2 sounds. Problem solved.

the sound system (minecraft's) hates some machines for some reason, that's the only solution.

God really? 1.97 was suppose to fix a few things I thought lol. Disabled since 1.8.1 prob will always keep it disabled.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• disable IC2 sounds. Problem solved.

It's what I've been doing, but it's kinda annoying not being able to hear that your generator system is running.

Extremely off topic, but do the normal generators put out the same amount of power as the geothermal generators? I'm thinking of making a charcoal power plant of epic proportions using logistics pipes and a ton of automatic tree farms :D

• It's what I've been doing, but it's kinda annoying not being able to hear that your generator system is running.

Extremely off topic, but do the normal generators put out the same amount of power as the geothermal generators? I'm thinking of making a charcoal power plant of epic proportions using logistics pipes and a ton of automatic tree farms :D

geothemal do 20 EU/t, generators go 10 EU/t, just like the wiki says..

• The IC2 sounds WERE fixed in the latest update, atleast for me. I can finally walk away from my home without killing my FPS.
    For your problem you might want to try to update your LWJGL. There's a tutorial for that in the minecraft wiki with everything you need to know(link).

• Official Post

I can finally walk away from my home without killing my FPS.

Its pretty much fixed. I can walk most of the Time away from my RP-32-Geothermal-Setup in the Nether without Lag, but nearby EVER when i leave that base vertically (upwards) instead of horizontally i get a massive Lagspike from it.

• Please, please please help me. I have the same error like millions of times a second in my console from MultiMC (i found this thread over Google so dont hate me if im wrong here)
    Its like EVERYTHING gets invisible, each mod item/block gets invisible, all Chests from Ironchests mod and Mystcraft Linkbooks, ThermalExpansion Machines, Irontanks with liquids in it, Pipes from BC etc. and i have totally no idea why. i Already updated my Java to the latest Build (v7.0_09-b05), i updated LWJGL via MultiMc and from the interwebs but nothing fixes it..
    Latest changes i did to my Modded Minecraft were the Chestmover mod and another (newer) BC version for 1.4.2
    I already recreated my MultiMC instance but still getting this error.
    I will try to deactivate IC2 sounds like you said (but im sure its already off cause these way to loud macerators) yes sounds are deactivated. on my server and client cfg
    I have no older copy for my Server from the time all was o.k. ;(

btw before i activated the console i got 'EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION' error from Java when i crashed. (and something with: Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows)
    No its nothing with my
    PC or my Java, i can play unmodded Minecraft but did it simply
    brake my Java in some way? As i said: already re-installed Java to the newest Build and contacted the support (however they didnt know anything about
    Minecraft and mods..)

If this helps:
    things which get loaded at least before the error comes:
    2012-11-15 15:32:55 [INFO] [STDOUT] setupTexture: "/myst/lectern.png", id: 291
    2012-11-15 15:32:55 [INFO] [STDOUT] setupTexture: "/myst/linkbook.png", id: 292
    2012-11-15 15:32:55 [INFO] [STDOUT] setupTexture: "/myst/bookstand.png", id: 293
    2012-11-15 15:32:55 [INFO] [STDOUT] setupTexture: "/cpw/mods/ironchest/sprites/crystalchest.png", id: 294
    2012-11-15 15:33:11 [INFO] [STDOUT] setupTexture: "/item/chest.png", id: 295

This happens seconds before i crash and before blocks gets totally invisible: http://puu.sh/1qt0S http://puu.sh/1qt0s

Intel i5 4CPU @3.4 GHz|2x 8GB Corsair DD3RAM|2x Nvidia GeForce GTX 660Ti|2x BenQ GL2750 27"|bad english? im austrian.

Edited 4 times, last by hatecreeper ().

• I don't see what that visual bug has to do with sound at all. I'd investigate Optifine's settings (if present) or try downgrading LWJGL back to a more tested version (can't remember which one I have here).

• I don't see what that visual bug has to do with sound at all. I'd investigate Optifine's settings (if present) or try downgrading LWJGL back to a more tested version (can't remember which one I have here).

Yeah i know.. i was in panic, never had problems with Minecraft :/
    i reinstalled optifine again and didnt fix it.
    i just saw that option with LWJGL some days ago but i did not click anything. i downloaded a normal Minecraft via minecraft launcher and dropped the lwjgl files in my instances, seems to fix it puh. which version does minecraft use? any idea? as i said i downloaded 2.8.5 and thats what was causing problems for me. also reinstalled drivers from nvidia and alot other things like soundcard's cause of the weird soundbugs/lags
    I rly thought i screwd something up..The Java support-men did make me rly panicing, im sorry. 2 days without minecraft were hard! :P
    i was been studying (bad english...) Java for 1 1/2 years and it seem'd to be easy. its totally not^^ x.x

Intel i5 4CPU @3.4 GHz|2x 8GB Corsair DD3RAM|2x Nvidia GeForce GTX 660Ti|2x BenQ GL2750 27"|bad english? im austrian.

• [...]which version [of LWJGL] does minecraft use? any idea?

I wanna say I downgraded back to 2.4.2? Maybe? I had an ugly issue with 2.8.5 where it was letting go of my shift key as soon as I clicked, which makes sneaking almost, but not quite entirely completely impossible.

[...]i was been studying (bad english...) Java for 1 1/2 years and it seem'd to be easy. its totally not^^ x.x

I've yet to study Java at all and I'm making a Minecraft mod... Still completely agree it's not easy.