[IC2 Exp][1.2.5 to 1.12.2] Armour and Tool Status HUD

• And here's a version for Minecraft r1.4.6 and IC2 beta 1.112. Haven't tested it with actual IC2, but there are no substantial changes (some classes got moved, but I think I've dealt with that) to the IC2 integration code from the MC r1.4.2 release and so it ought to work fine. Lemme know if you encounter any bugs.

I would have added in some code which allows modders to customise the Armour HUD display (allowing any headgear to define itself as a HUD provider, custom prefixes, postfixes, name and value, along with some other tweaks), but Java has a crappy inheritance system and so you'd either have to manually fill in a return value for each and every piece of information I need (there are about 28 of them) which would be incredibly tiresome; or I'd have to use icky, slow reflection to do the job instead. So it's the same old functionality again.

EDIT: fixed a retarded bug in the packaged version, re-download it.

Changelog:

v2.4a = Ported to MC r1.4.6 (required changes: a whole lot of includes due to Minecraft's classes being split into a whole bunch of subpackages, item name function has now changed from ItemStack.getItemName() to ItemStack.getDisplayName()) and moved the mod into its own package. If you use FruitDisplayLib for anything, it's now in fruitmods.fruitlibs.

• oh interesting mod.... but... :S

trying this on IC² v1.112 for MC 1.4.6 gives me this crash report when I launch MC (the 62 other mods worked fine before I added the HUD, incl. GraviSuit)

am I doing something wrong here??

edit: I'm using the Armour_HUD_v2.4a OC ..

• Well, I have no idea what happened there. The mod works fine in MCP, but the zip file doesn't load when fed to an actual Minecraft setup. I honestly do not know what went wrong here - this is going to take a little digging.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• And I found the bug. Damn, I'm stupid.

Grab the re-uploaded version from 3 posts above.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• thanks for the quick fix :D

now I can start minecraft again yay
    but it took me some time to activate the display... had to look in the controles to find the HUD key since it is deactivated by default somehow....
    but now everything is fine :D

• Here's an update that works on MC r1.5.1 using the latest API available from the IC2 build site. There are two versions - one if you're using an IC2 beta and one if you don't have it installed (this contains a compiled IC2 API and shouldn't be used if you're running IC2 properly - I haven't yet figured out how to make it not depend so hard on IC2's API). If you don't have IC2 installed, then you get the full quantum suit-level HUD with exact precision. If you've got it, you need to tech up as normal.

Changelog:

v2.5 = Ported to MC r1.5.1 (required changes: some stuff about isDebugInfoEnabled, alterations to the IElectricItem in IC2's API), added the beginnings of being able to run this mod without IC2 or its API installed.

• It's very important, so I'm not necro-posting.

I'm in 1.5.2 and...

All I want to say is that the 2.5 is in the true 2.4 ( at least in the log ). So the game... crashes:

With magic launcher ( only for logs, I tested before without it )

• ARISE, THREAD! ARISE TO SERVE YOUR MASTER ONCE MORE!

So I'm finally moving to a newer version of Minecraft (r1.6.4) and consequently had to update the armour HUD mod. It got a *massive* re-working under the hood and some new features - enough to warrant me bumping the version number up to 3.0. Features include:

-Thermal Expansion and Universal Electricity integration (not fully tested)

-More explicit integration with IC2 (now shows the status of your nanosabre and electric jetpack), Gravisuite (shows status of the advanced/nanosuit jetpacks) and Simply Jetpacks addon for Thermal Expansion (again, hover status display)

-UNICODE! (look at the description for the diamond, unicode names aren't saved in the config file)

All text is now in Unicode - so if it looks a little funny compared to the old version, blame Notch's fonts.

There is also now an API which mod developers can use to display their own custom strings instead of my autogenerated ones. Usage should be fairly self-explanatory once you get used to the quirks of how I render text.

Downloads are at the bottom of the post, lemme know if you find any bugs.

A final note: I don't know if I'm going to update this past 1.6.4. I only managed to get this far because Forge 9.11.1.965 (after replacing the MD5 values in a few scripts to make it work again) doesn't use this strange Gradle crap and actually lets me recompile my mod. And none of the instructions were any use - they all tell me to use Eclipse, which I am not doing (screw IDEs, text editor, file manager and command line FTW).

EDIT (2014-08-04): I've made a very small change to the code that adds a bit more spacing between letters - the default unicode font is too squished up. If you got the mod before now, you can re-download it to get the change.

• NO. NO. BAD BOY! Use 1.7, nobody is coding in 1.6.

Welcome back though.

Glad to see an addon creator who's active again.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Minor update here where I tried to make it compatible with Tinkers' Construct tools. It still doesn't recognise them (internally, they're not even damageable and my little compatibility hax failed), but formatting codes are now stripped from item names - no longer do you have to see those funny S-things.

• And here's an update for Minecraft r1.7.10. Yes, that's about 9 months between having a usable version of Forge and this mod's release. The only change from the previous version is that UE compatibility has been removed - since the UE website now seems to be owned by some kind of domain parker, I'm assuming that it's a dead mod. The API, if anyone ever used it, remains the same.

• Official Post

Hurrah for addons still updating!

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Gonna test compatibility with IC2 classic ^^

It's not dead, I don't remember if it was Calclavia.com or another site, but you can still find it, in the form of resonant engine ( which has realistic DC wires now :D ).

• Official Post

People actually use UE? I thought it was just one of those nice idea mods that people kinda ignored after the Voltz and Ampz modpacks.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• If you downloaded Armour HUD v3.1 before this post came up, get it again. The old version was broken due to directory structure issues.

• 3 years later, I now want to play Sevtech Ages - this means that I need to update all of my mods to the current version.

Here's Armour HUD v3.2 for Minecraft 1.12.2. It's tested and working with vanilla durability and IC2 equipment, mainly because I have them in my build environment. RF-powered items should still work unless they broke something massively behind the scenes (beside a small classpath change for the API which I've already noticed), likewise for Tinkers' Construct items (though I can't remember how well they worked before). I can't test these because I haven't got something that'll work in a deobfuscated dev environment.

New is support for Forge Energy-powered items, which should also work fine (it's basically RF), but I likewise haven't tested that out.

Known bugs: whenever the annoying little achievement thingy pops up in the top right hand of the screen telling you "you've picked up cobble, congrats, there are new recipes", the text display spazzes out and shows blocks instead of letters. I have no idea how to even start to diagnose this - sorry :/

I have yet to feed this to an actual modded setup that isn't a dev environment (haven't begun that Sevtech playthrough yet, waiting on the other players to arrange a time), so I can't say much about how well this .jar will work in real gameplay. Tell me if you use it and something goes horribly wrong.