[IC2 Exp][1.2.5 to 1.12.2] Armour and Tool Status HUD

• Here's a little preview of what the HUD will look like. The drawing, scaling and colouring code is essentially complete at this point. Remaining tasks are:

(Easy) Linking in the existing health detection code to colour the items automatically.
    (Easy, but will take a bit more time) Changing the code to only display the graphical HUD when you have a nanosuit or quantum suit helmet on - without it, you're only getting a text display accurate to 10%.
    (Harder, but I see a way to doing it now) Adding in a scaled text display to write the item names and percentages alongside the HUD, with lines leading to it. Tricky, but after poking around inside Tesselator.java and FontRenderer.java, I might be able to create scaled text.

Item colours: blue for full charge/health with a smooth transition to red for critical damage/charge level, white for invincible armour (eg. solar helmet), black outline for no armour. Arms represent the status of the currently equipped tool.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Pretty sweet, if quite simplistic, add-on you got there! Looking forward to future versions of this, and you definitely got a download from me. Nice work!

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I have version 1.1a and the info for the electric wrench doesn't show up, it's like I don't have anything in my hand.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• I have version 1.1a and the info for the electric wrench doesn't show up, it's like I don't have anything in my hand.

Yeah, I'm not sure why that happens. You get it with electric hoes as well. The hoe, wrench and drill are all subclasses of ItemElectricTool, so I don't know why the drill registers and the hoe/wrench don't. That little bug's going to need a little more digging for me to squash.

On the topic of progress, I think that I've got a working scaled font renderer, so that's one step nearer to making the graphical overlay.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

First, cool addon. I was looking for a HUD addon which shows charge of my stuff, but i'm not completely satisfied.
    So is it possible to make a version which shows exact EU remaining Instead of Percentage?
    Like this addon : NEI IC2 Charge Tooltip [If possible use some abreviations] (examples : QSuit H : 1000000/1M EU , Lappack : 300000/300K EU)
    Screenshot:

• First, cool addon. I was looking for a HUD addon which shows charge of my stuff, but i'm not completely satisfied.
    So is it possible to make a version which shows exact EU remaining Instead of Percentage?
    Like this addon : NEI IC2 Charge Tooltip [If possible use some abreviations] (examples : QSuit H : 1000000/1M EU , Lappack : 300000/300K EU)
    Screenshot:

I was actually seriously considering doing that. I'll probably set it up so that you get 10% accurate data with no helmet on, 0.1% accurate data with a nanosuit helmet on and actual EU values with a quantum suit helmet on. Sound good?

• OK, I've (finally) finished the graphical HUD. I could have had it done a few days ago, but oh so lazy...

See the first post for new pictures and download links.

• Official Post

Version 2.0 looks nice, now can you add a config file to disable the image (that show body parts colored) ?
    one to abreviate Item names (and values) like this :
    (and one to set font size if possible)

Dia Sword : 1500/1561
    QSuit Helm : 1000000/1M
    QSuit Body : 10000/1M NSuit Body 1000/0.1M Lappack 300000/0.3M Jetpack 18000/18K
    QSuit Legs : 500000/1M
    Qsuit Boot : 250000/1M

So it doesnt fill up screen much.

Thanks for making this addon, it is nice ^^.

• I think adding the armor graphic is just a bit overboard and I won't be updating until I have to. Now if there is a way to disable the extra graphics then it would be nice to have.

• I've released version 2.1 with a lot of changes. Should address most of the points made so far.

I have version 1.1a and the info for the electric wrench doesn't show up, it's like I don't have anything in my hand.

I've squashed that little bug now. Wrenches will now show their charge.

Abbreviations can now be set manually in the configuration file, the image can be disabled and the image/text sizes can be changed by you.

I think adding the armor graphic is just a bit overboard and I won't be updating until I have to. Now if there is a way to disable the extra graphics then it would be nice to have.

Version 2.1 gives you the option to disable the graphic, scale it down and scale down the text size.

• I do believe I've encountered a bug!

This nasty thing occurred when handling an MFFS (Modular Force Field System) frequency card.

It appears your mod does not like the "<" and possibly the ">" symbols.

This was a mid-game crash.

Upon restarting the client this one happens:

Although it doesn't mention Status HUD, disabling the mod resolves it.

• Now that is a Forge bug - I hit this myself a few times earlier. The config file parser is, to put it bluntly, a pile of crap. Alphanumeric characters, underscore and spaces only - anything else will make it explode in a shower of gore and booleans.

Short-term fix: I put a check in the abbreviation code to just return the original name if it contains something that hurts the delicate little flower of a Forge config parser.

Long-term fix: I write my own, superior config file code. No fancy categories, no scope errors, no forbidden characters.

And, i won't be able to use it as it is incompatible with a mod that requires basefile editing and has forge [outdated] "compatibility"

I'm getting reflection errors ^^

Can you give me an error report? (also, which mod is this?)

• Forecaster: that bug should be fixed now. Remove your Armour HUD config file (or search through it and delete all the MFFS references) and install version 2.1a.

• Forecaster: that bug should be fixed now. Remove your Armour HUD config file (or search through it and delete all the MFFS references) and install version 2.1a.

Does indeed appear to be fixed.

I see that you applied your suggested short term fix since it no longer adds the names containing < and/or > to the config, so it works fine now.

One thing I noticed is that when holding ChickenBones redstone remote it says "Remote ####" where #### is the current frequency of the remote. This is awesome, however I noticed that it adds each name with a different frequency to the config file. This would eventually create a very long list of items.

Not a major issue of any kind, but something of note still.

• Yeah, that might be a problem, but I think that WRCBE items are unique like that - I don't know of any other mod that actively changes the name of the different damage states of its items. Unless someone can show me other instances of that behaviour, I'm inclined to leave it be.

And yes, I used the short-term easy fix for now. I might see about creating a better config file parser in the future, but I don't want to be responsible for breaking the MFFS (that mod is *definitely* going on the server I run when its development slows down). Perhaps in version 3, I'll have a better parser (along with the planned features).

• Yeah, that might be a problem, but I think that WRCBE items are unique like that - I don't know of any other mod that actively changes the name of the different damage states of its items. Unless someone can show me other instances of that behaviour, I'm inclined to leave it be.

And yes, I used the short-term easy fix for now. I might see about creating a better config file parser in the future, but I don't want to be responsible for breaking the MFFS (that mod is *definitely* going on the server I run when its development slows down). Perhaps in version 3, I'll have a better parser (along with the planned features).

Maybe sometime he will have the frequency be displayed in a tooltip instead like most other mods display meta-data now.

A possible solution to the config spam could be to implement a wildcard that could be manually used to have it read from one entry for multiple names.

For example having an entry in the config that reads "Remote ****" represent all items starting with remote and where the **** can be numbers.

Admittedly I have no idea how difficult this would be to implement, and thus I can't say if it'd be worth the effort or not. This is still not a major issue that requires addressing.

EDIT:
    Nevermind all of the above. Chickenbones wireless redstone has been updated. Now the item name changes to the name of the frequency if there is one. This would render the wildcard for numbers quite useless.

Maybe instead you could have it recognize some items by id instead of them name. For example, if I added the id of the remote to the list like this:
    6358=Remote
    it would ignore the actual name of anything with that id and just refer to it as "Remote" as well as not adding any entries from that item to the list.
    I don't know of any other items that this would be useful for though.