[Suggestion] - More sounds?

• Hey, guys!

To my best knowledge, this hasn't been suggested yet, nor is it a denied request (and I searched this time!), so I don't feel that anything's wrong here.

Sometimes, I listen to the sounds that IC2's items make, and I find that they're just kinda...meh. Probably the most glaring example of this would be the Nuke.

So, I thought to myself, "Why not bring forth some sounds that Al and the rest of the IC2 team could add?"

As noted, the Nuke's explosion doesn't really cut it for me. So, I submit the sound at 6:10 in this vid as a potential candidate.
    Building off the Nuke some more, perhaps when it's lit, it might also give off a VERY clear warning sound, such as this air raid siren? It'd certainly get the point across.

Beyond that, I don't know what else could be added, but it's a start.

• I want to hear how my diamond drill destroy every block that dare to be in my way.

+1

Even if it makes more lag, I know how to disable if I want.

• I'm sure Alblaka will rush down to his advanced sound studio and immediately begin the intensive work to find samples, procure the rights, adjust the volume, improve the quality, and package it along with the code.

Snarkiness aside, I would.rather see the team work on content improvement and bug fixes rather than what is in essence a non-core component.

• don't most people disable the ic2 sounds anyway?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• don't most people disable the ic2 sounds anyway?

I used to, unti l I got a rig that could handle it :p

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]