Suggestion: Allow chargeable tools to draw energy from nano/quantum suit

• When you upgrade from the bat-pack to the suits, you trade staying ability for mobility and protection. What if power using tools (possibly mining lasers/nanoswords too) could draw some energy from the suit, in the same way as the bat-pack.

Now you are probably saying "omgz overpowerdz the tradeoff is the point!!!!!!11111oneoneone", and you would be right. Kinda.

The thing, is, the tradeoff is still there. If you decide to turn on the (toggleable!!) ability to have tools draw from the suit, your suit energy depletes quicker, meaning you trade staying time for staying time. It sounds a bit ridiculous, but I think in usage it would be quite balanced, and also allow for a higher end tradeoff for the bat-pack.

Either the (AFAIK "useless") chestplate could be used for this energy flow, or the whole suit could be drawn from equally (better).

• Official Post

Either the (AFAIK "useless") chestplate could be used for this energy flow, or the whole suit could be drawn from equally (better).

Not useless, just buggy. The chest is supposed to protect you from 100% of damage. It's fixed for 1.0 I believe.

I kinda like the idea. At the end of the day, it's all energy being used. Wouldn't be that unfeasable to have a super advanced suit with an energy output.

I don't know of the coding restrictions on this using the same energy for a number of different functions, but it would be a nice touch. Hell, the suits expensive enough.

• Not useless, just buggy. The chest is supposed to protect you from 100% of damage. It's fixed for 1.0 I believe.

I kinda like the idea. At the end of the day, it's all energy being used. Wouldn't be that unfeasable to have a super advanced suit with an energy output.

I don't know of the coding restrictions on this using the same energy for a number of different functions, but it would be a nice touch. Hell, the suits expensive enough.

Or, create another Nano/QuantumSuit Tier where tools can draw from the power of said suit.

I'm thinking 3M EU storage, and require a material that only a multistage process (like making the Industrial Diamond from IC1) can create. naturally, this would have to be made tough enough to be considered "End Game"

• Official Post

Maybe when we reach the mythical Tier 4, there will be another level of the suit with charger plugs on the legs, high-velocity levitation engines on the boots, a massive laser cannon on the chest, and night vision / x-ray on the helmet. :D

That would actually be really awesome.

But I have no idea how that could possibly balance on a pvp server. 8| Even the existing advanced nanosuit / quantum suit sounded like it was problematic.

...I think I got a little off track there. Yeah, I would like one way or another to be able to have my mining drill last longer on mining trips without having to swap to the batpack or carry around a fistful of batteries. But maybe all we really want is tier 2 tools. Even without further functionality, I would definitely spend the diamonds to upgrade my diamond drill to a crystal battery.

• 0_0 First thing that crossed my mind was, "Iron Man?"

• the whole charge thing I don't like, tho I would like a sort of battery pants (so you can use em w/ a jetpack...)
    tho not crafting with batteries at all :3
    it would require Energy Crystals, since like, batteries are large and bulky.
    the recipe would be....

CEC
    EIE
    RCR

R=redstone C=Cable E=Energy Crystal I=iron pants.

it would hold.... 250k EU. (since some of the energy capacity of the crystals is lost during assembly*)

*yeah, I just dissed steve's crafting skills. HAYO

• Rofl, gotta say. I love the idea of Battery Pants. Although I'm not sure I'd like all of that stored electrical energy around the sweet potatoes. :D

I would miss my quantum suit super speedy runny pants though.

would you rather have to stop to recharge your jetpack every 5 minutes?

• Definetly draw from the chestplate. At the moment hte Qsuit chest is EXACTLY THE SAME as the Nanosuit Chest, bar 10x the energy storage.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Official Post

To be exact, Chestplate redues all taken damage by 33% before the armor calculation is applied at all.

A whole suit is meant to protect you from damage, but i doubt it's yet working fully.
    PS: Currently MCForge for some reason does not contain the necessary hook within the EntityPlayer file, thus the NanoSuit can't exactly be working (same for Quantum) and will be considered a normal MC armor.

As well, the idea of a "Nano Batpack" or anything related was denied due to the fact it would be plainly imba. Exspecially if you consider a Quantum Suit would provides 100 full charges for a normal tool with each single armor piece.

• To be exact, Chestplate redues all taken damage by 33% before the armor calculation is applied at all.

A whole suit is meant to protect you from damage, but i doubt it's yet working fully.
    PS: Currently MCForge for some reason does not contain the necessary hook within the EntityPlayer file, thus the NanoSuit can't exactly be working (same for Quantum) and will be considered a normal MC armor.

As well, the idea of a "Nano Batpack" or anything related was denied due to the fact it would be plainly imba. Exspecially if you consider a Quantum Suit would provides 100 full charges for a normal tool with each single armor piece.

Perhaps being able to have the QSuit Chest have the ability to drain from portable energy storage systems in your inventory and add to tools/the quantum suit itself? Like if you had your inv. full of lapotrons, you could run for days without recharging. Slightly less imba that way. Although, perhaps not able to drain from lapo's. So its even less imba. But still able to recharge your fancy stuffs like that mining laser and drill.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Official Post

how about this idea and aslo could someone elaborate on the acronym IMBA or whatever it was

how about being able to combine jetpack/batpack to the quantum suit but.. add a secondary storage system to it so there can only be the same amount of energy reduced from it as the item on you back singularly would extract? i think its a possibility but would annoy the hell outa player coding such a thing? but having the disadvantage of being nondetachable so when you combine them theres no way to get them uncombined or......

do what the aether mod did.... add another slot to the players inventory screen? although i have a small suspicion it would require basefile modification so perhaps not

just my 1 penny (rough currency conversion of "2 cents")