[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Repulsion Systems

• Official Post

Immbis Core needs Java 7 or 8, 6 doesn't cut it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Java 8 is currently recommended by Mojang, although it kind of depends which version of Minecraft you are using. I found playing FTB Ultimate using Java 8 was a crash waiting to happen (I think it's the same with Java 7, not sure though).

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

Ultimate with 7 is fine, but 8 with anything before 1.6 is just playing the risk of a nasty crash.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Ive tried all of the 1.7.10 ars downloads and imbibis core in every way possible and I'm still crashing. It goes to the black mine craft loading screen before crumpling into a ball of sadness. Heres the entire log of my last attempt on paste bin if that helps. http://pastebin.com/bGn4cCSq

• You're using using Java 6 in that crash :P which is an issue being Immibis is a noob whose mods require Java 7. Post a Java 7 crash, if you can.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

I think it's being on a Mac, by default it's trying to use Java 6. You might have to explicitly add a Java argument to make it use 7.

I see this too much.

• Question : I tried ARS with IC2 classic Speiger version, and it seems that ARS blocks doesn't require power, is this due to ARS not detecting IC2 classic and going "vanilla" mode ? Also, IIRC there was a RF/EU/kJ power option but I don't see it in config...

• I think it's being on a Mac, by default it's trying to use Java 6. You might have to explicitly add a Java argument to make it use 7.

Sort of. If you upgraded from an older OS X to a newer OS X, the default might be 6, but if you didn't it's probably 7 or 8.

• I gave up on it for a while since I didnt notice the replies. Do either of you know how java arguments work? Ive done some looking around, but I cant seem to find anything to make a program run java 7 specifically.

• Official Post

Is the Programmable Filter meant to only connect to Industrial Tesla Coils under it? That's the only face that the data beam comes out from. And it is always there too, I presume it's only meant to be shown when connected to something?

I see this too much.

• how would i set a force field to allow a specific player to pass through the force field but not others?

this way i can setup so that it protects me and i can just run through it?

or would it be best to use galacticrafts airlocks?
    ( if its mentioned before i have not had a chance to read through it)

edit i don't want the "door" you have because i want it to be faster/more sudden

edit 2: i found out that galacticafts glass fibre block allows EU to flow through it with the field on.. i have not tested buildcraft or anything.. but it would be nice to have some way of getting things into the field without turning it off!

• any blocks setup before the forcefield went up stay there unless you have the cutter and they allow things to flow through them

it does not block buildcraft or electric wires... however how it does this is to ignore that block.. which is still a window into the area ....

but i still can't figure a way to have it allow a person it but not others or require a key to get into !

I did find a flaw.. the mining laser .. when set to explosive allows the explosion into the forcefield area and it will knock redstone off if the emiter is close by!

I found out that the fields will not protect a player.. so nukes will still kill when they are within 1-2 blocks of the field!

I am curious on a few things

1. why not have the emitters directly powered and turned on by redstone?

2. why have it remote.. it does not feel right to have all this "wireless" since you still have to give a redstone signal to turn it on.... ( remote control would be awesome for this if it was kept wireless)

• I started to use this mod just recently - and it is only one forcefield mod working with ic2 and newest version of ic / railcraft/buildcraft and etc. so - question is is it maintaned anymore? i can;t find any entrance module like mffs had.

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• Official Post

It doesn't work like MFFS at all, it split from it at 1.2.5.

I see this too much.

• how do i use this mod effectively? I have an idea and would like to know how to use this mod i am thinking of making a base with this mod for my moon base idea never mind, i read this thread on another computer and saw the link to the mod spotlight , for some odd reason i couldn't see the link to the video

• Question : I tried ARS with IC2 classic Speiger version, and it seems that ARS blocks doesn't require power, is this due to ARS not detecting IC2 classic and going "vanilla" mode ? Also, IIRC there was a RF/EU/kJ power option but I don't see it in config...

Look for a preferredEnergySystem setting in immibis.cfg, and try setting it to ic2.

Is the Programmable Filter meant to only connect to Industrial Tesla Coils under it? That's the only face that the data beam comes out from. And it is always there too, I presume it's only meant to be shown when connected to something?

It should face away from you when you place it. It should always be there - it shows you where to place the connected block.

how would i set a force field to allow a specific player to pass through the force field but not others?

this way i can setup so that it protects me and i can just run through it?

You can't. Intentionally.

edit 2: i found out that galacticafts glass fibre block allows EU to flow through it with the field on.. i have not tested buildcraft or anything.. but it would be nice to have some way of getting things into the field without turning it off!

Couldn't you just put a batbox/CESU/MFE/MFSU in the same place as you put the glass fibre block?

but i still can't figure a way to have it allow a person it but not others or require a key to get into !

You can't. Forcefields are forcefields, they wouldn't be very good forcefields if you could walk through them.

1. why not have the emitters directly powered and turned on by redstone?

2. why have it remote.. it does not feel right to have all this "wireless" since you still have to give a redstone signal to turn it on.... ( remote control would be awesome for this if it was kept wireless)

History.

Good day.
    So, does crash with forcefields upgrades pointing in unloaded chunk was fixed?
    Thank you for reading and again - good day.

I don't remember ever hearing about such a bug. Can you elaborate?

I started to use this mod just recently - and it is only one forcefield mod working with ic2 and newest version of ic / railcraft/buildcraft and etc. so - question is is it maintaned anymore? i can;t find any entrance module like mffs had.

What is an entrance module?

You can "poke a hole" in a forcefield if you have a tube projector pointing through another forcefield. They have to both be linked to the same forcefield core.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.