Wow, talked to a Technic user today

• Well said Magus. Thread lock time?

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• I did form my own opinion. It is more a matter of right and wrong than law. The legal system is hardly a good role model, if you've got the money anything is legal/illegal. SirSengir did ask for his mod to be removed, you insult us of not forming are own opinions and then read facts of Technic's site like they are commandments?
    The fact is, this rumor that Sengir just brooded until he attacked came from one source, and one source alone: the Technic website. Second of all, all the other modders did not go with Technic, there are still mod authors actively requesting to have their mods removed.
    I'm not repeating the opinion of someone else, this is my own opinion. Using someone's intellectual property = stealing. Stealing = wrong. I don't care what the courts say, that is my opinion. And that is why I have absolutely no pirated material on my laptop (even thou I rarely have the means to purchase content).

• Official Post

And that is why I have absolutely no pirated material on my laptop (even thou I rarely have the means to purchase content).

So you save it on your Desktop, an USB-Stick, an external Harddrive or an external Potatoe?

Quote from Neowulf

How many of you actually understand the various laws with jurisdiction, have researched the subject yourself, and havr formed your own opinion. And how many are just repeating the opinion someone you emulate has?

Lets look on some of the important Modders Pages for detail...

I have found no Modder, who is generally allowing the inclusion of his Mod in a Pack, without asking him/her for permission BEFORE!

Keeping in mind that Technic was first just made privately only for Friends, they had to ask AS SOON as they made a public Download POSSIBLE FOR EVERYONE!!! But they didnt.
    And that was at a time, when Forestry didnt even exist.

So
    Did they ask SirSengir before adding his Mod? Nope.
    Did they remove Forestry after his request of removal? Nope.
    Did SirSengir something against it? Yes.

Before that Technicflamewar began, they have constantly asked to use Mods long time AFTER adding them to their Pack. And they are still doing it, but less often.

• Now all Technic noobs and Technic noobs who take the info they got from the Technic forums, please leave these forums so we can be at peace and relax.

So that we are like this! :thumbup:

NOT THIS!!! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Thankyou for your compliance on this matter.
    This thread will most likely be locked in a long duration after this post.

• So you save it on your Desktop, an USB-Stick, an external Harddrive or an external Potatoe?

Nah, I have no pirated material I know of, but my brother backs up to my server so there may be something on there (but it is encrypted anyway).

Out of interest, has CovertJaguar given his permission yet? Last I saw he was actively asking for it to be removed. The Technic/Tekkit author told him something along the lines of "you are scum and the community would be a million times better without you".

• Just answering direct questions.

Out of interest, has CovertJaguar given his permission yet?

Check your sources, anytime after april?
    Kaker posted part of his communication with covert in mid april in response to a reported youtube comment by covert that he was considering attacking technic himself with hidden code. I would assume that the talks went well, 3 months is easily enough time for covert to do something about it and railcraft hasn't been replaced by some other rail expansion mod (despite constant calls for something called steve's carts).

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Kaker posted part of his communication with covert in mid april in response to a reported youtube comment by covert that he was considering attacking technic himself with hidden code. I would assume that the talks went well, 3 months is easily enough time for covert to do something about it and railcraft hasn't been replaced by some other rail expansion mod (despite constant calls for something called steve's carts).

You have been outstaying your welcome on this forum and most of the veteran forum members are sick of your foul poison here. Begone vile beast be gone!!!

He probably did the same as Forestry and stopped asking. If he weaponizes his code now people will accuse him of "never saying anything, just suddenly attacking". Most programmers could weaponize their code in less than a day, it's more the want to do it colliding with the need of your update (ie, a Minecraft update- if he released an update that just weaponized his code then Technic simply wouldn't use it).

• Has Alblaka given permission? If not, he should weaponize his code and warn this forum about it first.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• The might dragonlord forgives those who ask for forgivenes...

I thank thee, flying lightning rod in the sky!

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• I guess one of the problems why so many people are using technic/tekkit, is the point that several minecraft hoster have technic/tekkit in their Mappack/Modsection. One click and it's installed on your rented server.
    This is easy, you don't have to invest any time acquiring the knowledge how to install / maintain mods or fix any ids issues.
    This is how came to mods for minecraft.
    I rented a server from a german hoster played 2 weeks in vanilla mod together with my girlfriend and then found the menu where i could choose from different modpacks. Technic was one of them.
    I clicked on install, downloaded the linked launcher and 5 minutes later we were able to play a whole new minecraft.

Some weeks later i had some problems and went for the technic forum and was schocked about the behavior of the admins / fanboys there.
    That was at the time when SirSengir put the malicious code into forestry and the story was hot on the forums at that time.

That allowed me to see that several mod owner don't want their mod on technic / tekkit.
    At this point i used google to find some nice tutorials how to setup your own minecraft server / mods.

Since then i used a vanilla server with all the mods i ever wanted, with full control over the mods and the configuration.
    I can update all my mods everytime when a new version is out etc...

Btw. i fully understand SirSengir and his actions to protect his work. I love Forestry and it's a shame that the tekkit guys own money with the hard work of others.

• *sigh*
    well, the whole shitstorm agianst technic was technic's fault, and yet..
    I just don't know, I use technic, but I can see where the modders are coming from, It probly would be a good idea to just stop arguing about technic, as it probly will lead to fourm destruction with flaming left and right.
    I just wish people would stop talking about it, alot of people are just saying what's said on both sides, and it's becoming really tiresome.

MinecraftCreeper =Ahh fuck!
    :Nuke TNT: = SHIT!
    MinecraftCreeper+ :Nuke TNT: =SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, WE ARE ALL CLUSTERFUCKED!!!!